DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Longhorn Laramie
Color: White
Rep:11
AbnMP13 is on a distinguished road

You can order them with your lights and error correctors but I made mine from radio installation brackets.
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2012, 05:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 sport
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
retto22 is on a distinguished road

Great post, thank you !
Old 03-19-2013, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram
Trim Level: Slt TRX
Color: Black.grey
Rep:10
DaeDae75 is on a distinguished road

i just installed my lows and 40A relay harness and my light come on in all settings when the truck is off my when the truck is running and i turn them on the relay buzzes real loud and the passenger side light will not come on lit it has no voltage any idea whats wrong ?? "2010 dodge ram 1500"
Old 04-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Cherry Red
meydoodge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaeDae75 View Post
i just installed my lows and 40A relay harness and my light come on in all settings when the truck is off my when the truck is running and i turn them on the relay buzzes real loud and the passenger side light will not come on lit it has no voltage any idea whats wrong ?? "2010 dodge ram 1500"
From what I understand is you need an error eliminator harness. You just have a relay harness
Old 04-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Jeff McGuire is on a distinguished road

Just did mine the other day and here is what i can add to this thread.
Got all my stuff from DDM. (Used them in the past and liked them) They don't even come from them anymore though. They were drop shipped right from China. The ballast aren't even stamped DDM like their old ones. The mounting brackets are a joke too. Don't waste your money. The screws that come with the brackets pull right through the hole in the ballast. The ballasts have 3 mounting tabs on them so just use those. The bulbs now have the correct plug on them to plug into the existing wiring inside the headlamp now. I was pleased to see that after seeing others in this thread had to just plug the wires into the factory connector and wrap it with tape. I bought the cancelers from them and everything works great. I bought cancelers for the fogs too but didn't even use them after reading on here that I wouldn't need them. They work just fine with out them. Oh and last thing to add. I didn't need to pull my grill either. I used the long extension and it worked fine. When installing that bolt I found there was a large enough opening on top to reach down and hold the bolt to start it. (This could be on the HD truck only, not sure)
Old 06-25-2013, 08:00 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: deep cherry red
Rep:71
daviddup78 will become famous soon enough

i installed GP Thunder HID lights on my low beam, and fog lights
i had to use the capacitor to stop flickering. and i pull everything in the housing, didnt need to drill a hole on the cap., so it still has all the seal just like factory. i was worried about if the ballast gets hot. I reached the tech support and they told me no issues of getting hot.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral gray
JCMeza1982 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
Nice write up to bad you used DDM they are horrible and hope you used a canceler or a relay harness cause if not you will get flicker. Hope your lights last cause if not you have to send back to ddm so they can check the ballast hole time your without a light.To many horror stories with ddm will never use again there prices are cheap cause you get what you pay for
Dang it DodgeRT.... yah, i UNFORTUNATELY went the cheap route with DDM... one, shipping takes forvever as it comes from China.. two, if you dont order all the necessary cables/relays at the same time, you have to wait for those also... by the time you get it installed (30 + days) and still doesnt work, you cant even get a refund... FML..

I'm thinking Retro Solutions but damn theyre expensive....
what did you go with?
Old 01-19-2014, 03:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Kweigand89 is on a distinguished road
Default 2013 ram hid kit

does anyone know which ones i need for the 2013..i wanna make sure i have it right before i order something that wont fit??any help would be great
Old 01-20-2014, 06:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
VeghTheHun is on a distinguished road

First, you do not need to remove the bolt that is inside the wheel well area, just have to remove the front 2 bolts on the light, and then push the tab up inside the fender flap to get the headlight out. Second, I currently have a VVME 55 Watt kit in my Fog lights and they are badass. I have always had good experiences with VVME and there HID kits.
I plan to do my High and Lo beams as well, however I am not sure How my high beam one will work as I am in Canada and that uses the same bulb for the daytime running lights... So does that mean during the day my HID high beams would be on??
Old 01-20-2014, 08:38 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:54
gs283020 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMeza1982 View Post
Dang it DodgeRT.... yah, i UNFORTUNATELY went the cheap route with DDM... one, shipping takes forvever as it comes from China.. two, if you dont order all the necessary cables/relays at the same time, you have to wait for those also... by the time you get it installed (30 + days) and still doesnt work, you cant even get a refund... FML..

I'm thinking Retro Solutions but damn theyre expensive....
what did you go with?
I went the same route with DDM and regretted it ever since. Get in contact with the guys over at retrosolutions. They helped me out immensely and they stand by their products[I received a relay setup with a faulty relay that wouldn't trip on. It happens, After contacting them(which they responded to me on a Sunday!)I had a brand new one at my doorstep the next day without any further charge.] I didn't change out the lights and ballasts(from DDM) but used their relays specific for my truck with the DDM kits and currently they are operating without a hiccup. I still want to get their full kits but need to get through the winter first and they helped me do it. Think it was around $40 for both relays and shipping. Much MUCH better quality relays than what you get from DDM. They consist of 1 for the headlights and one for the fogs. Once again lights currently operating amazing and won't go with anyone else because of their customer service. First time since I went with these POS kits.