DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram HEMI
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:20
coolerpooler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman664 View Post
You should have gotten some relays that came with your wiring kit. You need to install that and it should fix the flickering. Had same issue with mine.
How do you wire them in?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram MEGA cab
Color: Dark Grey Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:137
millon9 will become famous soon enoughmillon9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolerpooler View Post
How do you wire them in?
one power wire (red) connects to the battery to supply constant 12v power to the system. then you should have 2 sets of wires with plugs with a ground (black) wire off of them, and one plug that you should plug into the battery side OEM headlight plug. the 2 sets of plugs (one longer one that should run to the opposite side of the vehicle) plug them into the HID ballast, and find a solid spot to ground the wire. That should do it...I hope.

www.woundedwarriorproject.org
Donate and help the people who gave limbs to help you!

Jason
Old 03-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Color: Sagebrush Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
WTR388 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterdriver View Post
A question for the Canadian dudes that converted to HID's. I have the dual, not the quad headlight setup, my DRL's are low voltage that run off the highbeam, I am looking at Retro's marimoto elite conversion. Has anyone converted with the dual headlights? How hard would the bi-xenon setup be?
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=237 (or whatever kit you plan on using, just make sure it's bi-xenon)
and then:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=237 so we can switch to highs and so we don't get warnings on the dash.

For running lights, I think I'm going to run angel eyes in the shrouds, and wire it up using the low beam off the OEM harness. They will then be on with the lower voltage for our DRL and also when we are in low beam when the lights are actually on. Provided that the lower voltage will be enough to light them up... If not then it will be LEDs, I will probably put a strip in somewhere and call it a day.

Pretty sure this set up will work, but I've only been really researching it this morning... Read ALL of this and it very clearly explains pretty much everything. Best description I've read, very simple but informative. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/trs_tech.php

Hopefully if this is wrong someone will correct it, I'm self edumicated when it comes to this stuff, but I can usually pull it off!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram
Trim Level: Slt TRX
Color: Black.grey
Rep:10
DaeDae75 is on a distinguished road

i just installed my relay harness on my low beams and they both come on in all settings with my truck off but when i turn my truck onthen try to turn them on the relay buzzes real loud and the passenger headlight wont come on, "2010 dodge ram quad headlight"
Old 04-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Cherry Red
meydoodge is on a distinguished road

Has anyone had any problems with the ddm tuning, with the error eliminator box?? I had ddm on my old truck with no problems hence why I want to go back to them, I just hear of a lot of problems with peoples hids on here due to the computer programming these trucks are under. I would prefer not to pay retro fit price but if I have to I will.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Black
AZRAMRT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by meydoodge View Post
Has anyone had any problems with the ddm tuning, with the error eliminator box?? I had ddm on my old truck with no problems hence why I want to go back to them, I just hear of a lot of problems with peoples hids on here due to the computer programming these trucks are under. I would prefer not to pay retro fit price but if I have to I will.
That's what I'm running with no issues at all.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram SPORT Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Color: White
swat is on a distinguished road
Question 2013 Projector flickering low beams

Hey everyone, here's my issue.

I have a 2013 Dodge Ram Sport Crew cab 4x4 and i bought VVME.com HID kit 35 watt xexon's with relays for both sets of HID's.

THe fogs work great no issues...

The Low beams work if just the accessory power is on, but once i start the engine the hid's flicker and turn off and the relay is buzzing like crazy. Why is it that it works fine with the motor off??

I have read a lot on this issue and i guess i need a capacitor for both of the projector low beams, but i want to find out close by in michigan or ontario canada. Does anyone know where i can set a set of "capacitors" and maybe a more heavy duty relay too??

Do all the 2013's have this issue??? I've installed a few kits before from VVME.com and they are great with no issues, i had them in my srt-4 neon for 4 years with no issues ever and i installed them in my buddies 2013 dodge ram express (non projector style) and his worked fine without capacitors too, so im really lost on this issue......

please help asap...
Old 05-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Powerwagon
Color: Black/Red
Rep:29
Sledlvr is on a distinguished road

Had the same issue with my 12" , plug these in between the bulb and the ballast, no more issues, http://www.ebay.ca/itm/170875555581?...ht_3909wt_1393
37x12.50 17' Super Swampers , HID's, Bullydog tuner,Catch can,Volant Powercore CAI, 4" Dynomax exhaustfor a 6.7 diesel, Kenwood TM271 65w VHF radio,240mm Lightforce Blitz HID driving lights,Custom 8'x9' aluminum sled deck
Old 11-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Color: Grey
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
Chefy is on a distinguished road

So i went in last night and did the install on my projector headlights with the low beam conversion. I installed everything correctly, the HALO'S and LED'S to the parking lamp wires and the 9006 harness into the projector. no flickering at all.

My only issue is when i turn my high beams on the HID low beams will not turn off like there suppose too, normal?

Another question, i wired my HALO'S and LED'S into my parking light wires because i have the quad lamp lights with the DRL's and when i do the remote start everything lights up but when my lights are turned off and the DRL's are running the HALO's and LED's wont light
Old 12-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500 BigHorn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Maximum Steel
TheAbsoluteBest is on a distinguished road

I am hoping someone can clear this up... I have a 2013 ram 1500 Big Horn, Quad lamps

At first I was going to install 6000k 35w AC hids for my lows and fogs with error eliminator or just get the canbus ballasts. A buddy of mine told me to use the relay harness for em so I dont fry my computer if anything is defective. I am confused and cannot find the answer I am looking for anywhere. Seeing how the electrical system in these trucks are so sensitive, I wanna do it right the first time. Getting to the point, how am I supposed to install these properly?

All help is greatly appreciated!