DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:124
js1977 will become famous soon enoughjs1977 will become famous soon enough

Brother you gotta relax, I don't think anyone is trying to piss you off. I think they thought your screen name meant something and they werent smart enough to figure out, LOL!!! Everyone here is on this forum for the same reason, learn and inform about the RAM. Only a few have been jack&$'s, and they are usually quickly dealt with. Hope you understand now, nice thread btw, you got me spending money, lol...
Old 10-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn, 5.7 hemi
Color: BRILLANT BLACK CREW CAB
Rep:172
FDBDW has a spectacular aura aboutFDBDW has a spectacular aura about

Again I could be miss reading the coments,
Statements like WTF does he mean and thats one hell of an abreviation.
Like I stated I chose that username because it is easy for me to remember when logging in and I didnt think it would affect anyone . If my post about the original topic " THE y-PIPE" is not being understood and we are not on the same page then clearify the question and I will try to clearify the response, no need to say WTF is he talking about.
As stated above I try to fully understand all angles of what is said , I understand alot is lost in translation and I appoligise if I have miss understood,
MOPAR CAI , 14" MUFFLEX, Diablo Intune 91oct , 2.5" LEVEL, K2 OPEN BLACK MESH GRILLE, FRONT WINDOWS TINTED, ROCKSTARS ON 295/70/18 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS, LARADO BED COVER, DEBADGED, GO RIHNO STEPS , RECON SMOKED TAIL & THIRD BRAKE LIGHTS , PAINTED HEADLIGHTS , SPEEDLOGIX CATCH CAN, FASTMAN PORTED TB ,
Old 10-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by js1977 View Post
Brother you gotta relax, I don't think anyone is trying to piss you off. I think they thought your screen name meant something and they werent smart enough to figure out, LOL!!! Everyone here is on this forum for the same reason, learn and inform about the RAM. Only a few have been jack&$'s, and they are usually quickly dealt with. Hope you understand now, nice thread btw, you got me spending money, lol...
You are correct sir, I do need to relax. People talking trash has alway been somthing that gets me fired up. I would love to sit down and have a beer with everyone and talk ( remeber when people did that)
MOPAR CAI , 14" MUFFLEX, Diablo Intune 91oct , 2.5" LEVEL, K2 OPEN BLACK MESH GRILLE, FRONT WINDOWS TINTED, ROCKSTARS ON 295/70/18 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS, LARADO BED COVER, DEBADGED, GO RIHNO STEPS , RECON SMOKED TAIL & THIRD BRAKE LIGHTS , PAINTED HEADLIGHTS , SPEEDLOGIX CATCH CAN, FASTMAN PORTED TB ,
Old 10-13-2011, 05:34 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:527
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDBDW View Post
Again I could be miss reading the coments,
Statements like WTF does he mean and thats one hell of an abreviation.
Like I stated I chose that username because it is easy for me to remember when logging in and I didnt think it would affect anyone . If my post about the original topic " THE y-PIPE" is not being understood and we are not on the same page then clearify the question and I will try to clearify the response, no need to say WTF is he talking about.
As stated above I try to fully understand all angles of what is said , I understand alot is lost in translation and I appoligise if I have miss understood,

O-M-G

He simply thought your username, as BlackHemI typed it, was an acronym for something else, confused by the fact that he did not use capital letters like your user name.

No one is questioning what you typed, why you typed it or why you chose your name

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 10-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Like i said alot gets lost in translation, and i apologize for the misunderstanding . Sorry to all for making a big deal over nothing, i feel kinda stupid now. Enough said lets get back to talking about trucks
Old 10-13-2011, 06:44 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

haha sorry bud, I didn't mean to tick you off... just like blackramhemi said, when blackhemi typed this:

Quote:
thanks fdbdw, you mind checking out my post http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=94196
I was sitting at the computer thinking to myself "man I'm an idiot....what the heck does fdbdw stand for?????" just as lol stands for laugh out loud...etc....

I'll meet you half way for that beer, I can carry a six pack on the back seat of my bike, and would love to ride across the country

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:44 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:296
BlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the rough

FDBDW i didnt mean any harm about anything...sorry if i didnt capitalized your name...no harm here, you've always helped me out, there is no reason for me to talk trash..like you said, i think we all got lost in this conversation lol... anyways!!!! how about that Y-PIPE??
14" magnaflow with custom magna y-pipe, 8k heads and fogs, hella FF 500's, 5% tint all the way, 60" LED brake light, Smoked tails and 3rd, Ballistic Jesters in 275/55/20 zeon ltz, color matched handles/mirrors, painted calipers, L.E.D interior, debadged & Viper 5901, 180 t-stat
Old 10-13-2011, 06:49 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

what are we talking about again....? I'm confused....

LOL (laugh out loud)....just kidding

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

right on brotha's , Im glad cooler heads prevaled. Unfortunatly mine usually does late in the game.
Anway as far as the Y-pipe I did notice some good pick up and a more responsive get up and go more in the mid-range. The other thing ive noticed is that I have a lot more roll out when coming to a stop, my guess is because of less back pressure. But I have been really hard on my brakes as I try to get used to it.
As far as the user name, FDBDW is my cossers from work, I have to use it all the time so I new it would be easy to remember, its basicly Fire Department then my initials. When I first signed up I thought it would only be used to log onto the site other wise I would have used somthing a little cooler.
You know the other thing that suprised me was my MPG went down a little, Im guessing with the more air flow the more fuel needed to keep the A/F ratio consistant. Could also be the computor hasnt fully adjusted yet.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:296
BlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the rough

could your name be Brian?? and what ah hell nah your MPG went down?? now im def worried about doing this mod lol...first mandrel pipe, then $$$ now MPG?? when does it end?!?!?!
14" magnaflow with custom magna y-pipe, 8k heads and fogs, hella FF 500's, 5% tint all the way, 60" LED brake light, Smoked tails and 3rd, Ballistic Jesters in 275/55/20 zeon ltz, color matched handles/mirrors, painted calipers, L.E.D interior, debadged & Viper 5901, 180 t-stat