DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Outdoorsman 1500 CC
Rep:10
robb471 is on a distinguished road

xsdbs,

I cannt send PM's yet but am looking for the uconnect update. Can you help?

Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

correct me if i have made any mistakes

the CD from the dealer, it covers the TRAVEL LINK, not the traffic link
This explains it, note the Sirius freebie, as sort of an apology
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/css_wk2_k4011.pdf

The RBZ Media Center Radio is made by
Contact Info for RBZ:

Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America, Inc.
Sales/Marketing, Engineering, Distribution
15603 Centennial Dr.
Northville, MI 48167
Phone: 734-453-6200
Fax: 734-453-6211

Unofficial MYGIG website, covers most radios
http://mofv.com/MyGIG/

copying songs to your hard drive
the audio files MUST be MP3 or WMA files
Apple audio files will not be compatible

Many times your Smart Phone or Ipod controls have to used to control the music, the radio controls are not used after initial setup

Adding pictures to Media Center 430N radio
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
954rrmike is on a distinguished road

Does anyone think there will ever be a update to make the iphone4 plug into the usb and work?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:03 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:67
Rough 01 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954rrmike View Post
Does anyone think there will ever be a update to make the iphone4 plug into the usb and work?
By this point in time it's obvious that Chrysler is not giving this a high priority AND Apple isn't making it easy on them. I would suggest you either load the songs onto the radio HD or get a Lockpick CHR550 to use your ipod/iphone. I did both and I use them instead of the factory ipod hookup. I haven't had any issues with either and have stopped worrying about it.

If you don't like my answer then talk to your Dodge dealer or email Dodge directly. There is not much anyone else can do at this point. It did work and then Apple updated their SW and it stopped working for some people. It appears that is going to be a trend and I have chosen to not participate in that endless loop by going around it.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: 1500 Sport Crew cab
Rep:28
dodgemanz is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

I contacted Chrysler canada about this issue and below is there response::

Thank you for your email of November 17, 2011.

We regret to inform you that the Apple I phone 4S is not on the U
Connect compatibility list as of yet. You may visit http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/quality/
to view the compatibility list. We encourage you to contact U Connect
directly for information regarding your phone compatibility at
1-877-855-8400.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to review this matter with you.

NOTE: Please do not use the 'Reply' function of your email. If you have
a need to respond to this email, please visit us at our reply form (link
provided below). Our system is NOT able to accept any emails at this
address.

I haven't yet called the U connect people but plan to tonight, also on this radio we dont have the sirius travel thing in canada.. we always get ripped off with these things, if i knew what i know now i would have never paid for the upgraded stereo and just bought aftermarket radio instead.

Last edited by dodgemanz; 11-17-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: wrong # posted
Old 11-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

The Travel Link is not that BIG of a thing really..
SiriusXM Travel Link is fully integrated into your vehicle's navigation system to bring you important and useful information while you're on the road, with minimal driver distraction. Whether you're reviewing a three-day weather radar forecast, finding the best gas prices along your route, looking up movie times and locations, or checking sports scores, SiriusXM Travel Link provides you updated, detailed information.

The thing to have that is much more useful is SIRIUS TRAFFIC
With SiriusXM Traffic you'll be able to see color-coded traffic information, including average speed and traffic flow, accident locations, (displayed on the map with an icon), road construction and other incidents. Helpful information about road closures and predicted delays is also available.
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 11-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: 1500 Sport Crew cab
Rep:28
dodgemanz is on a distinguished road

Well we have neither in Canada so it still blows, also Chrysler gave me the wrong number for Uconnect problems actual number is: 1-877-855-8400

Anybody wtih Iphone problems should call relentlessly this number to get an answer and a fix.

This number is for american chrysler customer assistance... which i called and they were saying "oh yeah no problem we can send you an update CD" until they found out i was canadian and directed me back to canadian chrysler customer assistance, who didnt help at all and said sorry Iphone 4s is not currently compatible with Uconnect... ANY CANADIANS ON HERE HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND KNOW AN ANSWER?? its really starting to annoy me that i am going to have to go out and buy a hands free bluetooth kit even when i have a $1500 radio that has all that in it already.... still researching this problem, ill update any changes

Last edited by dodgemanz; 11-18-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Once you install the software for SIRIUS TRAVEL LINK

you will get a FREE year of SIRIUS RADIO, & that is a good thing

this explains everything, it also works on the RAM 430N media center

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/css_wk2_k4011.pdf

many people think that the installation is finished when it SEEMS to stop doing anything, but it is still running in the background, let it continue running longer
the Travel Link will end up being a on screen Soft Key & there will be some kind of color change on the screen, if i remember correctly
Old 11-20-2011, 08:52 PM

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Hello, what radio do you have? It will be a 3 alpha code on the lower right of the radio faceplate. If it's the RES, , RHB or RBZ, then Chrysler has a TSB (08-036-11A) that will fix this for you. This TSB was originally released on June 29th 2011 and a revision of it was released on Oct 26th 2011. The update takes about 20 minutes to perform. Let me know if you need further assistance with this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgemanz View Post
Well we have neither in Canada so it still blows, also Chrysler gave me the wrong number for Uconnect problems actual number is: 1-877-855-8400

Anybody wtih Iphone problems should call relentlessly this number to get an answer and a fix.

This number is for american chrysler customer assistance... which i called and they were saying "oh yeah no problem we can send you an update CD" until they found out i was canadian and directed me back to canadian chrysler customer assistance, who didnt help at all and said sorry Iphone 4s is not currently compatible with Uconnect... ANY CANADIANS ON HERE HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND KNOW AN ANSWER?? its really starting to annoy me that i am going to have to go out and buy a hands free bluetooth kit even when i have a $1500 radio that has all that in it already.... still researching this problem, ill update any changes
Old 11-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport CC
Eurotrash is on a distinguished road

Ok, the posts have been a bit scattered which is somewhat confusing.

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram with with the 630N.
My old iphone worked fine but with the iPhone 4s plugged in to either usb port it doesnt read.
Bluetooth still works though.
So which update do I need Uconnect or radio?

Thx