DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
buf2pdx is on a distinguished road
Default Uconnect phone functionality

Hello. I just realized that when I'm on a call using the Uconnect bluetooth in my 2010 Ram 1500, it won't transfer the call to my phone after I turn the engine off, take out the key, exit the vehicle and close the door behind me. I expected it would transfer the call to my phone when I open the door, similar to how the radio turns off, but a local Dodge service department told me this is normal. Is this really how it works for you all?

Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 11 Dodge Ram Laramie longhorn
Trim Level: Lariame longhorn
Color: Brown/Gold
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
Kop8456 is on a distinguished road

Dealer is full of crap. Mine auto transfers it. I have a iphone 4 btw if that may make a difference in mine working.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2533
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

when i shut down my Ram, i need to shut off the bluetooth on my cell phone first
it is a pain sometimes
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 09-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Actually, Yes this is normal (even though it is not desired). The reason for it is because of this scenario:
say your on a call and are pulling into a parking lot to pick your kid up from soccer practice and you have turned the key off, you are now in the accessory delay time window. So your setting there talking to your buddy and your kid comes up and opens the door to get in. What happened? you just lost the hands free function, have to grab your phone in a slight panic while your buddy realizes that he is talking to dead air,"hello, Bob, Hello" and possibly hangs up and now tries to call you and you are calling him, both are getting voice mail.
So here's how you do it:
you are driving and getting ready to pull into work while in a call, before you turn the key off, tell the other person "hold on a second", pick up your phone, press the VR button on the radio and say "transfer call", Uconnect will say "transferring call to phone, give it a couple seconds, continue the conversation.
Quite simple after you do it a couple times it becomes normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
when i shut down my Ram, i need to shut off the bluetooth on my cell phone first
it is a pain sometimes
Old 10-18-2011, 08:04 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:74
AirborneSilva will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
So here's how you do it:
you are driving and getting ready to pull into work while in a call, before you turn the key off, tell the other person "hold on a second", pick up your phone, press the VR button on the radio and say "transfer call", Uconnect will say "transferring call to phone, give it a couple seconds, continue the conversation.
Quite simple after you do it a couple times it becomes normal.
Thanks xsdbs, that's good info

2013 Ram Sport
1976 Corvette L82

Old 10-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:12
pgienger is on a distinguished road

Isn't there a button on the screen just for that purpose? I could have sworn there was...
Old 10-26-2011, 04:07 PM

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

No, not directly, you have to either transfer the call by using the VR button and saying transfer call or some phones have the option of transferring the call easily from the handset. while in a call, select menu and there is an option for handset. On some phones it's easier to place the BT icon on your home screen and turn BT off before exiting the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgienger View Post
Isn't there a button on the screen just for that purpose? I could have sworn there was...
Old 10-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2533
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I have the 730N RER radio
Just the other day i had nothing to do, while waiting for a Oversized Load to come across the border from Mexico
I broke out my Owners Manual & started reading up on my radio & Uconnect, jeez there is a lot to read, the vocal commands alone cover 2 or more pages
I read until my eyes crossed & glazed over

I have had the Ram now since February 2009 & i am just getting used to some of the Navigation features, programming it orally while in motion can be frustrating sometimes & i don't want to get the fancy allgig or whatever .........
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle