DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1772
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer412 View Post
Please forgive my ignorance. I am new to the forum and have always been interested in lifted trucks. I love the style of this particular truck. I am pretty uneducated in regards to what I would need to do in order to modify my truck in this manner. Can anyone give me price estimates for the modifications done to this truck? Also, if I am not planning on using the truck for anything other than normal city driving, will a body lift do just as well as a suspension lift? I would appreciate any help you guys can give me. Thanks and again, please forgive my lack of knowledge.
hi drummer, I can certainly assist you.
Which truck were you referring to as there are many in this thread?
Either way, send me an email and we can build you truck very similarly with either a suspension lift or level/body lift

If you are only going to be using your truck in the city and not offroading, a level/body lift may be your ticket as it is cheaper.
However installation (if you dont do it yourself) is similar $$ wise to a suspension lift

send me an email and we can go over this fastNugly@bullysperformance.com
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Sponsored links
Old 07-21-2013, 09:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: silver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
drummer412 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly @ BP View Post
hi drummer, I can certainly assist you.
Which truck were you referring to as there are many in this thread?
Either way, send me an email and we can build you truck very similarly with either a suspension lift or level/body lift

If you are only going to be using your truck in the city and not offroading, a level/body lift may be your ticket as it is cheaper.
However installation (if you dont do it yourself) is similar $$ wise to a suspension lift

send me an email and we can go over this fastNugly@bullysperformance.com
Thanks for replying to my post. I have sent you an email with more specifics and a picture of the truck I was referring to. I am still getting out the kinks of posting on this forum. Thanks for your patience.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks for replying to my post. I have sent you an email with more specifics and a picture of the truck I was referring to. I am still getting out the kinks of posting on this forum. Thanks for your patience.
Sweet!
Yes, received and hope to get you looking the same if not better
Old 07-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Snow White
Rep:160
Yo Nadz has a spectacular aura aboutYo Nadz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Please forgive my ignorance. I am new to the forum and have always been interested in lifted trucks. I love the style of this particular truck. I am pretty uneducated in regards to what I would need to do in order to modify my truck in this manner. Can anyone give me price estimates for the modifications done to this truck? Also, if I am not planning on using the truck for anything other than normal city driving, will a body lift do just as well as a suspension lift? I would appreciate any help you guys can give me. Thanks and again, please forgive my lack of knowledge.
I am in the same city driving condition as you. I wanted a lift, but still wanted to be somewhat economical and able to park in my garage at home as well as parking garages. I went with the 3" body lift and havent looked back since. To me it is the PERFECT amount of lift to really set this truck off.

Pics in the build thread link in my signature.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Color: Black
Rep:13
trojanman22 is on a distinguished road

Hey yo nadz what fuel mileage are you getting???
Old 07-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

2012 Dodge Ram SXT QCSB 4x4

Stock:

2.5" HBS Level:

2.5" HBS Level, 0.75" TGC Coil Spacers, 35x12.5 Toyo MT's:

6" RCX Lift with Bilsteins at 1.4", 35x12.5 Toyo MT's:

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 07-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Here's what my personal thoughts are on lifting and what lifts to use. Spend the money and do a suspension lift first. That's the proper way to do it. Then if you want more height on top of the suspension lift add a body lift. Everyone has their own opinions but to me it just doesn't make any sense to do a body lift before doing a suspension lift. It just seems a little half assed to me.

I'm sure Andrew gave you a bunch of information regarding pricing so I won't go into huge detail there. Obviously a suspension lift is a lot more money than a body lift but definitely worth it.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 07-23-2013, 04:24 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Snow White
Rep:160
Yo Nadz has a spectacular aura aboutYo Nadz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanman22 View Post
Hey yo nadz what fuel mileage are you getting???
I average 14.5mpg on paper if I'm easy on it, and 13.1mpg if I drive it like it wants to be driven. Thats with 50/50 city and highway with the lift, 35s, Vararam, Moe's throttle body, and exhaust cutout open almost all the time.

Hoping for 16mpg-ish with DiabloSport and HemiFever, if they ever release the damn thing.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:32 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Color: Black
Rep:13
trojanman22 is on a distinguished road

Must be nice! I got a 6" cst lift, 1.25" body, 37x13.5x20's, stock everything else. Average is 9.1 right now lol
Old 07-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanman22 View Post
Must be nice! I got a 6" cst lift, 1.25" body, 37x13.5x20's, stock everything else. Average is 9.1 right now lol
WOW!
9.1?

I have 6" lift, bilsteins at 1.4" on 37's and avg about 15-15.5 MPG