DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: BLUE
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
stef0703 is on a distinguished road

Im wondering if I switch my reverse light, third brake light and plate light with led will it send an error code like it did when I switched my brake/signal lights????
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2012, 04:01 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef0703 View Post
Im wondering if I switch my reverse light, third brake light and plate light with led will it send an error code like it did when I switched my brake/signal lights????
I personally have a LED 3rd, had LED brake lights before switching to LED tails, and i have LED licenseplate lights, and I don't/didn't get any error codes. The only time I got a lamp out error code was when I switched to LED blinkers without the resistor.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:34
Jchaney579 is on a distinguished road

Did anyone figure out how to do the dash lights? I am tired of the random green they threw in these... I mean green? REALLY? My black ram truck with no green what so ever except the blade of grass stuck on the tire has green interior lights AND IT BOTHERS THE LIVING ... OUT OF ME. I want them to be white SO BAD. I mean hell with how much I hate blue lights on cars I would rather have those than the GREEN. I NEED TO CHANGE THEM!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:27 AM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchaney579 View Post
Did anyone figure out how to do the dash lights? I am tired of the random green they threw in these... I mean green? REALLY? My black ram truck with no green what so ever except the blade of grass stuck on the tire has green interior lights AND IT BOTHERS THE LIVING ... OUT OF ME. I want them to be white SO BAD. I mean hell with how much I hate blue lights on cars I would rather have those than the GREEN. I NEED TO CHANGE THEM!
I hope your talking about those blue under body lights and not my reverse lights or we're gonna have a problem here
Jchaney IDWB

lol jk bud, Honestly it was something SS4Luck was looking into doing at one point but it's actually a HUGE PITA even after you take your dash apart. He told me one guy on the Z has done it but didn't say who and did advise against the mod... But If I could I'd switch them to blue
Old 07-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
KevinGoodyear is on a distinguished road

Hey guys...I am new to the Dodge truck scene...had been driving a Ford F150 and have been seeing how nice the Dodge trucks were, decided to buy a 2009 4x4 Lariat with 60K miles, I did buy it from a dealership so I probably paid too much for it...but at least they got all the warranty work done it!

I am wanting to replace as many as possible of the stock OEM bulbs/lights (Headlights, taillights, foglights, side markers, etc, etc,) with a nice "cool white bright light", like the lights you guys have your trucks, which look absolutley FANTASTIC I must admit! I have been looking a website called SuperBrightLEDS.com and was wondering if any of you guys have bought from them or would you recommend any other supplier? Also, is it possible to narrow down the part number to the specific truck, like mine, for each light I want to replace? I just dont want to order the wrong light with the wrong part number and screw it up...I dont want blue or red, just want to go with that cool white look that I see...truth is my wife wants it and you know what they say...Happy wife nice life!

Thanks for any help and thanks for advice!

Kevin in Dallas
Old 07-14-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGoodyear View Post
Hey guys...I am new to the Dodge truck scene...had been driving a Ford F150 and have been seeing how nice the Dodge trucks were, decided to buy a 2009 4x4 Lariat with 60K miles, I did buy it from a dealership so I probably paid too much for it...but at least they got all the warranty work done it!

I am wanting to replace as many as possible of the stock OEM bulbs/lights (Headlights, taillights, foglights, side markers, etc, etc,) with a nice "cool white bright light", like the lights you guys have your trucks, which look absolutley FANTASTIC I must admit! I have been looking a website called SuperBrightLEDS.com and was wondering if any of you guys have bought from them or would you recommend any other supplier? Also, is it possible to narrow down the part number to the specific truck, like mine, for each light I want to replace? I just dont want to order the wrong light with the wrong part number and screw it up...I dont want blue or red, just want to go with that cool white look that I see...truth is my wife wants it and you know what they say...Happy wife nice life!

Thanks for any help and thanks for advice!

Kevin in Dallas
Well welcome Kevin In Dallas, glad to have another Ram owner of course. Most of us here go through SuperBrightLED's, it's a great site and easy to find the bulbs you need for whatever application you're woking on. As far as what bulbs you need for your 3rd Gen there is a list located on the front page (second post down http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90315) to help you find which bulbs you need for your swap Any other questions don't hesitate to ask
Old 07-14-2012, 04:54 PM

Hey DeepWaterBlue...thanks for the response! So, if I read this correctly for my truck (I have a 4th gen truck right? You said 3rd and now I'm looking at this differently), I can go thru this site for my bulbs, but is it ONLY my blinker LED's (front and rear) that I need the resistor (1000ohm 1 watt right?) soldered in? All the others...side marker, reverse, etc, will just plug up okay? Or is the 4th generation models plug and go?

Also, I am looking at KBCarstuff for my HID conversion...do I need a high beam and low beam set up for my truck? I want the 35w 4300, seems like this is closest to bright white right? KDude, I am about to drop some serious $$$$ and I really want to get this right the first time...I swear my family thinks I have lost my mind...!! But there cool about this...I want to order all my stuff and get ready to install!! Thanks for the reply, love your truck! Jealous
Old 07-14-2012, 09:13 PM

Hey Guys...going to add something here...I have a couple of pages open and I'm bouncing back and forth and I am looking at the 1st page of this thread dated 8/23/2011 (yes, waaaay back then!)...and I'm looking at the breakdown showing the description and the part number...is there anyway we can see the quantities for each one listed? Sounds corny, but after looking at the SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM and comparing that list...its not adding up...like the tail light and brake lights...are these not the same? Also, quad lights and dual lights...whats the difference on my truck? How can I tell? And the fog lights...is there a separate HID kit for these lights also? As always...big thanks go out to you guys! Kevin in Dallas
Old 07-14-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Hey DeepWaterBlue...thanks for the response! So, if I read this correctly for my truck (I have a 4th gen truck right? You said 3rd and now I'm looking at this differently), I can go thru this site for my bulbs, but is it ONLY my blinker LED's (front and rear) that I need the resistor (1000ohm 1 watt right?) soldered in? All the others...side marker, reverse, etc, will just plug up okay? Or is the 4th generation models plug and go?

Also, I am looking at KBCarstuff for my HID conversion...do I need a high beam and low beam set up for my truck? I want the 35w 4300, seems like this is closest to bright white right? KDude, I am about to drop some serious $$$$ and I really want to get this right the first time...I swear my family thinks I have lost my mind...!! But there cool about this...I want to order all my stuff and get ready to install!! Thanks for the reply, love your truck! Jealous
OK first off you have a 4th Gen, I don't know why but when I saw your truck was a 2009 in your info my brain said "Hey 3rd Gen" lol You definitely need the resistors for the front blinker however they are not soldered in. The correct resistor for the blinker can be found at SBLeds(dot)com, its a 6Ohm 50watt resistor found here:http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...html%23flasher at the bottom of the page RL650. All of the bulbs are plug and play, they go right into the stock sockets. The bulbs for the 3rds require a 1000ohm 1watt resistor or they'll "ghost". Its not really that big of a deal but if it annoys you then its a good way to go. Do some more research in the HIDs, I personally don't have a set but a lot of the guys on here seem to go with the 55w set instead of the 35w. Send a PM to GotBrains230 and Double0Ram, those guys have a lot more experience with HID's than I do and they put them in everything from reverse tails to PIAA Fogs lol

Quote:
Hey Guys...going to add something here...I have a couple of pages open and I'm bouncing back and forth and I am looking at the 1st page of this thread dated 8/23/2011 (yes, waaaay back then!)...and I'm looking at the breakdown showing the description and the part number...is there anyway we can see the quantities for each one listed? Sounds corny, but after looking at the SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM and comparing that list...its not adding up...like the tail light and brake lights...are these not the same? Also, quad lights and dual lights...whats the difference on my truck? How can I tell? And the fog lights...is there a separate HID kit for these lights also? As always...big thanks go out to you guys! Kevin in Dallas
As far as telling the difference between quads and duals its simple, the duals use 1 bulb for high and low where as the quads use separate highs and lows in the headlamps. A example of what to look for with LED bulbs, take the 194 wedge base bulb, this page will help you out http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...ini-wedge.html

When looking for a bulb just type the bulb number in the search box and you should be able find any bulb you're looking for
Let me know if you need any more help Kevin
Old 07-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: '12 RAM 1500
Color: Black
Rep:420
gotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nice

Hey I heard my name lol
Quote:
I would suggest you either get your HID kit from DDM Tuning or ****************
With Retro your gonna need the relay harness, with DDM your gonna need the error cancellers
Mine are from Retro, 55w 8000k
Since your wanting bright white, you either want 35w 4300k or 55w 6000k
Hope this helps man