DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport Ram Hood
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:516
Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954rrmike View Post
Nice truck man, do you have any TPMS or fm radio issues with the hids? I want them for my 11 sport but I don't want any lights to stay on in the dash. Did you order the 8k raptor kits from ddm with the bulb out for the lows? Are you still running your daytime running lights? What model ram is the black honeycomb grill from?

My TPMS sensor has been flashing and been getting a notification even before the HIDs went in. I installed new rims without the sensors.
Although it will flash for about 3 seconds and go off with the HIDs, you might get a notification on your screen too. There is no way to get around that!

I ordered everything from DDM tuning. My lows with error codes and just the fogs. Decent price and they do seem to last.

My running lights are still on, they provide a certain % of voltage to my high beam bulbs (which are still halogen bulbs) for the running lights. I did have HIDs in them, but they acted funny so I said screw it. Got some 6000K halogen bulbs from RECON.

Black honeycomb grill I got from another forum member out on the east coast. Any 09+ grill will fit an 11. They are the exact same thing

Hopefully that answered all your questions, if not send me a PM I can help you out a bit more!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:20 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Rep:10
954rrmike is on a distinguished road

Thanks man, what a pain in the ass TPMS is. Have you read of any hid kits that causes no issues. Why does it turn the tire light on and does it only come on when the lights first turn on then go out?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:13 PM

Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954rrmike View Post
Thanks man, what a pain in the ass TPMS is. Have you read of any hid kits that causes no issues. Why does it turn the tire light on and does it only come on when the lights first turn on then go out?

I haven't heard of any kits that don't cause the sensor to screw up.

The light only comes on when the lights turn on and flashes a few times (so start up) and it stays off after that
Old 10-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram Sport
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
08h3misport is on a distinguished road

Bordin truck looks sick IMO Just picked up Recon projectors myself already have HID bulbs installed on truck and do not see how did you fit HIDS into the Recons installed 3rd brake and tails without problem but would like advise for the headlights
Old 10-12-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08h3misport View Post
Bordin truck looks sick IMO Just picked up Recon projectors myself already have HID bulbs installed on truck and do not see how did you fit HIDS into the Recons installed 3rd brake and tails without problem but would like advise for the headlights
Did you order a set of projector HID bulbs? Because stock bulbs won't fit.

I believe they are H1s you need to order
Old 10-16-2011, 10:39 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express Regular Cab
Trim Level: Express
Color: WHITE
1sickram is on a distinguished road

Hey bro can you post a couple different angle photos of the taillights. Im just trying to see how dark they are. I'm debating have the stocks tinted or the recons thanks a million.