DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:44
The Codes is on a distinguished road

heres my recon 3rd break light thread. Love it, looks great a puts out great light.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....ht=recon+break
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:44
The Codes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullivan View Post
Congrats, but you spent over 1000 on this. I got my headlights for $2 bills, they are better then the ones you ordered. And the Recon tail lights and everything are overpriced. You could have gotten this all for under $500 and better quality parts.

Just saying, next time shop around more.
out of curiosity because I may be looking to get some new tails, and possibly future head lights, where would you have ordered the parts and which brand would you have gotten?
Old 07-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

thoes are gonna look soooo sweet on your truck bud and i cant wait for the installed pics
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 07-30-2011, 07:29 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport Ram Hood
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:516
Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullivan View Post
Congrats, but you spent over 1000 on this. I got my headlights for $2 bills, they are better then the ones you ordered. And the Recon tail lights and everything are overpriced. You could have gotten this all for under $500 and better quality parts.

Just saying, next time shop around more.

Who said yours is better though? Again its all personal opinion/preference. Thats like saying my trucks better than your ha
Just wondering if you could post pictures of yours so I can see, just curious?? I know they are recons, but everywhere I looked they were pricey, so if you could find me a set for 2 bills, show me.

Doesnt bother me to drop a grand on these, best looking lights I found shopping around, a lot of projectors I looked at dont work with the dual headlight configuration. Ended up finding these and fell in love.

I got them from recon directly:
http://www.gorecon.com/

I didn't bother going to any parts store online, these were on sale right off the site and the best price I found at the time, so I ordered them. I do live in Canada so anything I order will be expensive!
Still so anxious to get them all.

Will start a new thread during/when the install is complete. Should be next week hopefully (damn fed-ex to canada)!

Last edited by Bordin; 07-30-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:14 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Sport 5.7
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:202
sullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordin View Post
Who said yours is better though? Again its all personal opinion/preference. Thats like saying my trucks better than your ha
Just wondering if you could post pictures of yours so I can see, just curious?? I know they are recons, but everywhere I looked they were pricey, so if you could find me a set for 2 bills, show me.

Doesnt bother me to drop a grand on these, best looking lights I found shopping around, a lot of projectors I looked at dont work with the dual headlight configuration. Ended up finding these and fell in love.

I got them from recon directly:
http://www.gorecon.com/

I didn't bother going to any parts store online, these were on sale right off the site and the best price I found at the time, so I ordered them. I do live in Canada so anything I order will be expensive!
Still so anxious to get them all.

Will start a new thread during/when the install is complete. Should be next week hopefully (damn fed-ex to canada)!
Maybe its the canda prices then, sorry.
06' Sport - 3.92 Gears - Superchips - Bilstein Shocks - HellWig Anti-Sway Bar - Cooper Zeon LTZ - Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Halo Projector Lights - 5k HID Lows & Fogs - Custom Emblems - Magnaflow - CAI
Old 08-02-2011, 06:18 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:53
Wayne084 will become famous soon enough

LOL @ sullivan "mine are better" , and why is that?

Anyway Justin, Your truck is getting to be bad ass, I can't wait to see everything on it. Your next photo op is going to be a drastic change. I was actually looking into the recon's myself a couple of months ago before I bought the anzo ones. Anyway, just thought I would drop a bit of info for other people who are looking to buy some aftermarket lights for their trucks in the future.

The ebay lights that look like the recon lights that are only $300 on ebay, well, they are the exact same lights. 100% serious. There was a group buy for them on another forum and they are made in the same factory, just different brands put their name on them. That being said, I would imagine that the customer service that you get from recon (should you run into any problems), is probably better than some of the other companies pedalling these lights. The lights that are only for dual beam rams will also work in rams with quads. I know because I asked Jeremy (0212353) and he informed me that the wiring is the same up to the headlights is the same, and the beam wiring is split inside of the quad headlight. So I ordered a set, and sure enough he was right, they work fine.

Back to the topic at hand...
Old 08-03-2011, 03:07 PM

Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Hey everyone heres the other thread with the install

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=88693
Still waiting for my headlights though, backordered. They shipped yesterday!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:20 PM

Vehicle: 2011 cc 4x4
Trim Level: laramie
Color: bright white/gold
Rep:71
Ramsrule123 will become famous soon enough

disregard, found it

Last edited by Ramsrule123; 10-11-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:42 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Sport
Rep:31
Rise Captain is on a distinguished road

Can't Wait for Install Pics Bordin

20% Tints, SS 409 Custom Exhaust, Stubby Antenna, 6K 55w DDM HID's in HI's Lows & Fogs, LED Interior & Exterior Lights, Recon Tails, Red Painted Emblems, Plasti-Dipped Grille, Mopar Racing Stripes, 22" Rockstars - 305/45/22 Nitto 420's, Two 12'' Alpine Type R's Under Rear Seat in a FoxBox
Old 10-12-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Captain View Post
Can't Wait for Install Pics Bordin
Sorry man, the thread was out already just didn't post it here
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89895