DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-19-2011, 06:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Siver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:32
k5clm is on a distinguished road
Default Interior Lighting & Emergency Lights

Hey yall, thought I would post pics of my most recent addition to my 2005 Dodge Ram. I am a Volunteer Fire Fighter, so 4 of these pics are of my exterior emergency lighting. Also, just FYI, in the pictures, two of the pictures appear to be blue in the pictures, but they are actually white...Fire lighting is Red and White here in Texas...

I plan on putting some other LED blue lighting under the dash and under the rear seats to give me lighting on the floor at night since the factory lighting sucks! I am going to put two on each side of the cab, one light on the regular door switch so they light when I open the door, the others on a switch that I can turn on manually...

Pic 1 : Interior Dash with switches turned off. On the panel with the power back window, there are two areas, one of each side, that Im guessing are for other switches that will fit two switches just perfectly.

Pic 2 : Shows the Interior Center Dash with each switch on. One of the switches controls the blue light that you see. I found a flexible led 6" light strip that someone else found at walmart and posted. Inside the area where the cup holder folds up into, there is a slight indention that the 6" strip fits right into and doesnt cause a problem when the cup holder is folded up.

Pic 3 & 4 are of the front of my truck. I have two fog lights mounted behind my grill and two 12" LED light strip like the one inside my truck on an alternating flasher. The lights are Red and White, even though the white appears Blue

Pic 5 & 6 are of the rear of my truck with two more 12" LED light strips that are mounted between the bottom of the tailgate and bumper.

I have a video of both the front and back, but alas my iphone doesnt save it in a format that I can just email to myself to post, I have to actually sync it with my computer and change the file type, but I dont have my computer with me here at work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inside Off.jpg (125.3 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg Inside On.jpg (128.4 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg Front Red.jpg (117.8 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Front White.jpg (119.6 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Back Red.jpg (118.4 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg Back White.jpg (118.1 KB, 81 views)
Sponsored links
Old 07-20-2011, 09:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Nice set of lights and a good looking response vehicle.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:39 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Color: Silver
Rep:24
Exxzaust is on a distinguished road

looks good! how did you access the area to put the switches there??? I want to do that but don't know how it comes apart
Old 08-09-2012, 02:18 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport 4x4 SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:26
Crobber is on a distinguished road

Very Nice. Are you sure about the Red/White. We all run Red/Blues here (H-town Texas).
I literally spent the last two weekends running all the wires to my lights to one control panel so that I can turn everything on at once or one at a time.
If you want to light up the inside of your truck. Leds work ok, but you might want to look into cathode tubes that light up computers. I ran them a few years back and they light up 10x better than any led. I will be putting them in my truck come next weekend. If I can remember I will post pictures.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500
Color: Siver
Rep:32
k5clm is on a distinguished road

in case you are still wondering, Crobber, when you pull the dash apart, there are 4 screws that you unscrew to remove the panel, unplug the rear window button wiring and u can do what you need with it. I took lighted rocker switches(bought at wal-mart) and cut out the holes to just drop them in and wired them up.