DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Dark forrest green
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Broyd is on a distinguished road

Maybe 'party ' mode is intended to be used only when the truck isn't running, so you can have the doors open and not drain your battery due to the lamps running (but you could still be blaring the radio away ...) but you could turn the individual lamps on if you need them, maybe to find something ...

Could you clarify what you mean here: 'Even the rear dome will not work when in this mode.' this mode? truck running or not? thx!
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

When lights in Party mode, both map lights and rear dome do not work if you try to manual turn them on.

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: Dark forrest green
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Broyd is on a distinguished road

Sorry Stump3r for dumping on your thread. So I'll wind my input up.

The only mode where the Putco replacements do not match the original filament lamps is the 'Party' mode with the engine not running. In this mode you cannot turn on the Pitco LED map or dome lights by manually depressing the lamp lens. You can with the original incandescent lamps.

I was able to restore the dome light function to match the filament lamps by soldering a 10K (10,000 ohms, K means multiply by 1000) resistor directly across the power and ground contacts on the LED dome light; there is plenty of room to do this, either on the front or back side of the circuit board.

The map lights are more problematic as they are sealed units that almost exactly match the size and shape of the original glass bulbs. The ideal place for the resistor would be inside that small case; trying to mount it on the outside may lead to accidental contact of the resistor leads with metal around the bulb socket with possibly a very bad outcome. With careful Dremel work and some heat shrink tubing you might be able to make something that would work and be safe ... I haven't tried yet. (I think you could forget about your Putco warranty).

The highest voltage I measured on the dome lights was 14 volts with the engine running. The heat added by that 10K resistor is 1/50th of a watt; inconsequential compared to the LED or filament bulbs.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:22
BlackLaramie is on a distinguished road

Hey man, those look nice! How much were the Heads and Fogs and what is there bulb life? I think I'd like to try those instead of getting another HID kit. My kit went bad after 5 days of use, so I had to return them.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L HEMI, Single in/Dual out Flowmaster Super 44 with 4" Tips, Extendable Towing mirrors, Cooper Zeon LTZ Tires, and more to come!
Thought this picture was neat looking. Ha ha.