DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > NAV-TV - MyGIG Integration - Dodge Ram Accessories

Notices

NAV-TV - MyGIG Integration - Dodge Ram Accessories The leader in OEM video integration for vehicles equipped with factory navigation. Dodge Ram MyGIG Parts and Accessories! - Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
tkrienke is on a distinguished road
Smile Allgig Receipt/Install Review

Just wanted to share my thoughts on Nav-Tv and their Allgig. I ordered through Susanne on Thursday afternoon for the 10% discount and received the product today. I guess what I am saying is: extremely fast shipping. Well done.

Onward to the install. I will post pics tomorrow with the dash disassembled for interested parties.

I will say that the setup is fairly easy, but more information and clarity would be welcome:
Specifically, the printed instructions that come in the box do not reference the update process on the computer prior to plugging the Allgig into your radio.
Secondly, I have a 2010 Ram with the RBZ (non-navigation) touchscreen. This is actually the new version of the REN, so that option must be set to "ON" when using the software updater. I feel like that should be mentioned somewhere so that I would have avoided making a bloody headprint against the wall when the video in motion feature would not turn on. I figured it out after a bit of Google searching, but like I said, nice to know.

Overall, the installation was relatively painless. There are multiple references on this site and others for dash disassembly, but they are mostly the Dodge schematics, which aren't the clearest. Like I said, tomorrow I will post the pics I have of the install.

Summary: Product performs as advertised, the shipping was very fast, and the instructions are adequate but could be more clear. I am satisfied with the Allgig, and thanks are due to Susanne and Nav-Tv!
Sponsored links
Old 05-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Pics as promised:

Remove the chrome trim piece by pulling up (it takes some force, so be prepared). It helped a bit to push in the tabs as more became visible.

The silver and black surround of the radio is one piece and is held in by tabs and a single screw behind the power outlet. Pull straight out. It helped me to take out the 4WD selector switch and pull from that side first. That's the blank area to the left of the A/C controls.

We didn't have to disconnect all the connections for the A/C controls and such, just pulled the bezel out and leaned it against the shift knob. The radio is held into place by four screws, and they were TIGHT. Use a closed end wrench or socket for more leverage if possible. Be patient. If you have any questions, feel free to post them or PM me.

Oh yeah, I have to say thanks to my wife, she was invaluable as a second set of hands and a calming influence when things were hard to remove!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 05 Sebring
Rep:78
NAV-TV will become famous soon enough

Thank you for the review. It is hard to remember because I speak to so many people, But I did look on your file and it does say rbz. I think I had my production team pre-program it for you to ren. I will definitely speak to my technical writers to tweak the directions. Enjoy your new toy and please continue to pass the word. Have a great day!
richard.flynn@navtv.com
Facebook.com/NAVTVCORP
Interfacing The Future Blog
Video In Motion
Contact me direct to receive your forum discount
Old 05-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 3500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White 2-tone
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
craiggo is on a distinguished road

OK, dumb question but I have to ask, when you say:

"Remove the chrome trim piece by pulling up (it takes some force, so be prepared). It helped a bit to push in the tabs as more became visible."

Do you me pull up towards the roof? As soon as my truck arrives from the factory, I'm going to install one of these but I can see myself with a new truck with 3 miles on it with a broken bezel (and a p/off wife yelling at me).

Craig
Old 05-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiggo View Post
OK, dumb question but I have to ask, when you say:

"Remove the chrome trim piece by pulling up (it takes some force, so be prepared). It helped a bit to push in the tabs as more became visible."

Do you me pull up towards the roof? As soon as my truck arrives from the factory, I'm going to install one of these but I can see myself with a new truck with 3 miles on it with a broken bezel (and a p/off wife yelling at me).

Craig
Yep, that's exactly right. Start at a corner and pull straight up. If you have a felt wrapped screwdriver or a tab push tool (available at Autozone or the like) that would be helpful, but not required.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSANNE View Post
Thank you for the review. It is hard to remember because I speak to so many people, But I did look on your file and it does say rbz. I think I had my production team pre-program it for you to ren. I will definitely speak to my technical writers to tweak the directions. Enjoy your new toy and please continue to pass the word. Have a great day!
You're welcome! Just trying to help out if other people had issues. I appreciate your customer service, and I will indeed pass the word.

Tim
Old 05-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Thanks Tim. Enjoy your new toy.
richard.flynn@navtv.com
Facebook.com/NAVTVCORP
Video In Motion
Old 05-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Nice to hear someone post up a positive comment . Not enough of that . Were all quick to let everyone know of a problem and dis the vendor . Thanks for the remarks Tim . I'm sure Suzanne will make the necessary improvements .
Old 05-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue
Trauco is on a distinguished road

Well, I just put an AllGig and a back-up camera on my Challenger this past weekend, and liked it so much that I placed an order on Monday for an AllGig for my Ram. It works fantastic! I ordered it on Monday, and received it yesterday (Wednesday).

I struggled a bit getting the front trim off, as I also have a column mounted shifter (sure wish Dodge would do it the same every time). However, it was as simple as removing the two screws up top, prying the trim off the electrical outlet on the right, and removing the screw under that piece of trim. From there, I just pulled OUT on the trim rather than UP.

NavTV does a great job all the way around, so it's definitely worth the purchase!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Thank you. Be sure you all call me directly to get your 10% discount
richard.flynn@navtv.com
Facebook.com/NAVTVCORP
Video In Motion