DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM357 View Post
Well that sucks! They should have done them like my Fox coil-overs. Special tool to just crank 'em. Increase the preload and up she goes. Same setup on my KTM's rear suspension. Infinite adjustment, within reason

Var
Then it would not cost $200-$220 for the pair. The pricing would significantly jump up
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2014, 03:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: tradesman express
Color: black
Rep:10
omarP is on a distinguished road

thanks for clearing that up about the bilsteins. u sure it dosent void the warranty? when i bought my truck i asked him if it would void he told me anything under a 4" is fine because u don't have to change any brake lines or anything, but then the other day the lady in management told me the only lift i could do is a leveling kit so i asked her if i did a 4" or 6" lift & my motor or trans blows up its not covered? & she said nope it will come out of your pocket. is that correct??? or is it up to the dealership?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Bilsteins are essentially a leveling kit if you want them to be. They're an adjustable strut that you can set to be longer rather than adding a spacer on top of your OEM strut. It's a cleaner, better way of leveling that will give you a better ride. Check out the Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing linked in my signature if you want more information on the Bilsteins compared to spacers.

Your dealership is wrong... no mod you do can void your warranty completely. Yes if you put a lift kit on the dealership isn't going to cover that or any parts that might fail prematurely because of the lift. But the rest of your truck will still be fully covered. Check out THIS thread for more information about aftermarket mods and warranty.

No a 3" leveling kit from eBay is not good... the highest you want to go on a 4wd truck is 2.8" and that's pushing it. Any higher and you're going to start running in to problems. If you want to go the cheaper route and just run spacers then take a look at Hell Bent Steels 2.5" spacers.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: tradesman express
Color: black
omarP is on a distinguished road

do you have any before & after pics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrew View Post
I just put a 2" spacer kit on my struts and am pleased bc I'm just wanting to level it off, no tire upgrade plans for the moment but I do have a question about the alignment. I brought it to the dealer and asked prior to adding the spacers if there would be any warranty issues and as stated previously this mod wouldn't but even if I went with a total lift kit I would still have my warranty but they just wouldn't warranty any after market parts or problems caused by them and that would be determined by the dealer????? My question is after getting the dealer to do a front end alignment I'm noticing the camber (I guess that's what it's called, top and bottom of tire) the adjustment seems off if I'm looking at the front of the truck the tire isn't straight even with the back tire, it's towed out at the top, is that normal? I never noticed it before but I see it now since it's lifted about 2". Just curious, thanks for input.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Crew Cab
Color: white/silver
BigBrew is on a distinguished road
Default level kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarP View Post
do you have any before & after pics?
I'm still totally stock so my profile pic is before, I will take some after pics today when I get home to see what you guys think. No before pics from front which is where I notice the difference but I will have those today. Thanks
Old 02-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1962
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarP View Post
thanks for clearing that up about the bilsteins. u sure it dosent void the warranty? when i bought my truck i asked him if it would void he told me anything under a 4" is fine because u don't have to change any brake lines or anything, but then the other day the lady in management told me the only lift i could do is a leveling kit so i asked her if i did a 4" or 6" lift & my motor or trans blows up its not covered? & she said nope it will come out of your pocket. is that correct??? or is it up to the dealership?
Nope, it won't void the warranty at all. Obviously they wouldn't cover the front struts and if any other front end component fails prematurely because of the level they won't cover that. But the rest of the truck has to be covered. Even with a 4" or 6" lift (neither of which require you to change brake lines BTW) will be covered. By saying that your engine or tranny won't be covered if your truck is lifted is just wrong.... Again, read through the Magnusun-Moss Warranty Act. It states all the rules about warranties and dealerships honoring them etc. No single mod can void your entire warranty on your truck, it's not possible.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 02-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500
Trim Level: laramie
Color: blue streak pearl
14bluelaramie is on a distinguished road

my 2014 blue streak ram 1500 Laramie build consists of bilsteins set at 2.8 and rcx rear 1.75. using factory wheels with 10mm motorsport tech hub/wheel centric pacers with bfg all terrain 12.50x35-20. does anyone see any issues?
Old 02-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Rep:1962
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14bluelaramie View Post
my 2014 blue streak ram 1500 Laramie build consists of bilsteins set at 2.8 and rcx rear 1.75. using factory wheels with 10mm motorsport tech hub/wheel centric pacers with bfg all terrain 12.50x35-20. does anyone see any issues?
Nope, should be good to go!

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 02-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Black
IBEWSteve is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with lift and 37 setup

I see a lot of guys rockin a 6" RCX lift and 37s. I have a 2012 4wd crew w/ 3.55 gears and I want that setup. Besides switching out my gears to something in the mid 4 range, do I need to go nuts and rebuild anything? I want to do a 6" lift, Bilsteins set at 2.1, spacer to avoid raking, 37 x 12.5 20 Nittos and 20 x 10 -12mm Fuel Hostages.

Thanks for the help!

I know Candy08 has this setup and it looked amazing.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:52 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=IBEWSteve;1325618
I know Candy08 has this setup and it looked amazing.[/QUOTE]

I did too! minus the rims of course.
Even after our emails back and forth. Lol

I'll let others chime in
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 02-13-2014, 12:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 2500 Mega
Color: Western Brown
Rep:36
cbroussard is on a distinguished road
Default 2013 Mega Cad with 6" Fabtech, 22's & 37's

Here's a few pictures on my 2013 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
-Fabtech 6" Lift
-22" Moto Metal Wheels
-37" Nitto TG's