DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4


Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 10-12-2012, 12:00 AM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 17,735
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofakind View Post
going to go with the pocket style busch wackers
Pocket flares stick out 2.5"
So if you want a flush look, go with 20x10, -12 offset
If you want 1/2-3/4" to stick out go with the -24 offset.
All depends on what look you want.
I personally like it to poke out a tad at minimum

Heck, my wheels that are arriving are 20x12, -44 offset
Which will stick out 4.5" from the fender.
I haven't decided on whether ill run OE flares (which I have and still need to install) to hide an inch of it or go pocket
__________________
for the best pricing in the business, email me @ sales@bullysperformance.com
2014 Ram Hemi Tuning now available from Diablo Sport get yours today!
OB-Trinity T-1000's only $489!
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #122  
Old 10-13-2012, 11:31 AM
1ofakind's Avatar
1ofakind 1ofakind is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Edson, Alberta, Canada
Age: 20
Posts: 143
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: maximum steel
Rep Power: 0
Rep:13
1ofakind is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Pocket flares stick out 2.5"
So if you want a flush look, go with 20x10, -12 offset
If you want 1/2-3/4" to stick out go with the -24 offset.
All depends on what look you want.
I personally like it to poke out a tad at minimum

Heck, my wheels that are arriving are 20x12, -44 offset
Which will stick out 4.5" from the fender.
I haven't decided on whether ill run OE flares (which I have and still need to install) to hide an inch of it or go pocket
ok perfect! didnt know how much the flares would stick out. now i just have to make a decision on some wheels!

so another question for you, will i have to get some new tpms for my new wheels? if so where can i get some for pretty cheap?
__________________
6k Lows & Fogs / 40" SR / 308's / 325 60 20's / Husky Mats / 5% Tint / Debadged / Wrapped Dash / 2" Level / Ez-Down /
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 10-13-2012, 01:03 PM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 17,735
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofakind View Post
ok perfect! didnt know how much the flares would stick out. now i just have to make a decision on some wheels!

so another question for you, will i have to get some new tpms for my new wheels? if so where can i get some for pretty cheap?
yes sir!
pocket flares stick out 2.5"
OE flares about 3/4"-1"

You will need sensors, unless you like the dash light
any rim and tire place should have it.
If you need a great place to buy tires/wheels, I have purchased many from a shop in the US that knows me now and I can connect you with them
send me a PM

I always try to give business to locals, but even when factoring in shipping, and customs, Im still ahead by quiet a bit
__________________
for the best pricing in the business, email me @ sales@bullysperformance.com
2014 Ram Hemi Tuning now available from Diablo Sport get yours today!
OB-Trinity T-1000's only $489!
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Jeepdork Jeepdork is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 35
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram SLT Crew Cab
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
Jeepdork is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11HEM1 View Post
2011 Crew
4" Mopar (superlift)
325/60/20 Nitto
No rubbing



With 35x12.5x20 Nitto MTs
no rubbing
You went with the superlift over the BDS curious why? I have looked at a lot of your posts and I am curious as to why you went the way you did and how it's working out? Did you use spacers on the stock wheels? On the after market wheels what offset did you use? How far out do the tires sit compared to the body edge? You truck looks PERFECT, not too tall not too short. I am looking at 325/60/20's for my 2010 1500 CC and I really like the look of your's. Any problems or things you would have done differently if you did it again? Thanks for any input you can give me.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 10-14-2012, 12:52 PM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 17,735
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepdork View Post
You went with the superlift over the BDS curious why? I have looked at a lot of your posts and I am curious as to why you went the way you did and how it's working out? Did you use spacers on the stock wheels? On the after market wheels what offset did you use? How far out do the tires sit compared to the body edge? You truck looks PERFECT, not too tall not too short. I am looking at 325/60/20's for my 2010 1500 CC and I really like the look of your's. Any problems or things you would have done differently if you did it again? Thanks for any input you can give me.
My guess is warranty but could be wrong.
See what he says. But his truck looks good
__________________
for the best pricing in the business, email me @ sales@bullysperformance.com
2014 Ram Hemi Tuning now available from Diablo Sport get yours today!
OB-Trinity T-1000's only $489!
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 10-14-2012, 03:16 PM
1ofakind's Avatar
1ofakind 1ofakind is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Edson, Alberta, Canada
Age: 20
Posts: 143
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: maximum steel
Rep Power: 0
Rep:13
1ofakind is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
yes sir!
pocket flares stick out 2.5"
OE flares about 3/4"-1"

You will need sensors, unless you like the dash light
any rim and tire place should have it.
If you need a great place to buy tires/wheels, I have purchased many from a shop in the US that knows me now and I can connect you with them
send me a PM

I always try to give business to locals, but even when factoring in shipping, and customs, Im still ahead by quiet a bit
i hate the dash light. im ordering my rims and tires on monday. only thing ill need are some sensors... i live in canada btw lol
__________________
6k Lows & Fogs / 40" SR / 308's / 325 60 20's / Husky Mats / 5% Tint / Debadged / Wrapped Dash / 2" Level / Ez-Down /
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 10-14-2012, 06:16 PM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 17,735
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofakind View Post
i hate the dash light. im ordering my rims and tires on monday. only thing ill need are some sensors... i live in canada btw lol
Yea, so order some sensors then
That will get rid of the light
__________________
for the best pricing in the business, email me @ sales@bullysperformance.com
2014 Ram Hemi Tuning now available from Diablo Sport get yours today!
OB-Trinity T-1000's only $489!
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 10-18-2012, 11:03 AM
boomer boomer is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: North Eastern Minnesota
Age: 29
Posts: 141
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2007 Ram 1500 quadcab 4x4
Trim Level: bighorn
Color: white
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:20
boomer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofakind View Post
i hate the dash light. im ordering my rims and tires on monday. only thing ill need are some sensors... i live in canada btw lol
you can swap them from your OE rims, thats what i did because they wanted close to 70$ a piece for sensors, no dash light issues as i have original sensors in afer market wheels. looking at pocket flare like you guys were talking i went with a leveling kit and 33 12.50 20s with a 20x10 fuel wheels 4.5 inch backspacing. I have about 2 inches of tire now outside of my fenders looks perfect in my mind but i would like the fender flares to protect my paint
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 10-18-2012, 11:05 AM
boomer boomer is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: North Eastern Minnesota
Age: 29
Posts: 141
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2007 Ram 1500 quadcab 4x4
Trim Level: bighorn
Color: white
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:20
boomer is on a distinguished road
Default

heres how it turned out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 615320_10151281553053745_909105087_o.jpg (118.0 KB, 264 views)
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 10-18-2012, 11:31 AM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 17,735
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer View Post
you can swap them from your OE rims, thats what i did because they wanted close to 70$ a piece for sensors, no dash light issues as i have original sensors in afer market wheels. looking at pocket flare like you guys were talking i went with a leveling kit and 33 12.50 20s with a 20x10 fuel wheels 4.5 inch backspacing. I have about 2 inches of tire now outside of my fenders looks perfect in my mind but i would like the fender flares to protect my paint
You can do this as well.....
the older the truck gets, the chances of it seizing on. So get them of ASAP!


Boomer, got pics of your set up?
Direct side shot and from the front showing how far they stick out.

It sounds soo good, that I wanna see it
__________________
for the best pricing in the business, email me @ sales@bullysperformance.com
2014 Ram Hemi Tuning now available from Diablo Sport get yours today!
OB-Trinity T-1000's only $489!
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
lift, setup, tire, wheels

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum