Originally Posted by AbnMP13
I like the idea of a rollup as I use my truck bed quite often but I also like the idea of being able to lock the bed however a hard tonneau is just totally out of the question.
I first looked at roll-up covers for those reasons but didn't want to sacrifice the bed space. Plus, apparently they may not do as well in harsher climates (moisture in the canister).
I've had my F1 on for just over a week and it's proven to be what I wanted (so far).
What I like:
- there're no exposed locks/latches so corrosion issues should be minimized;
- it seems to be pretty secure;
- it folds up and out of the way easily. Two days ago I hauled a snowblower and lawn mower in the bed and the F1 folded up and out of the way in seconds; and
- it looks good (IMHO) as it's low profile and matches the overall look of my truck.
What I don't like:
- how the panels sit against the cab of the truck. On my rig, it wouldn't prop securely against the cab and a metal edge would touch the edges of the glass surrounding the SRW. HOWEVER, the headache rack I have has remedied that issue altogether though; and
- the loss of rearward visibility out the rear window when the panels are folded up against the headache rack. HOWEVER, the tow mirrors and back-up camera go a long way to reduce that issue.