DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

Nice write up and a great looking mod. I was very close to ordering a set when I first got my truck but had a few people get me thinking about our winters (formost the wife!) and the price is a big factor for sure. Please keep us informed how they do through the winter would you? Maybe with you as a test mule I'll get a set come spring lol...rep for the write up and pics
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Color: Flame Red
Rep:99
Ram Nut will become famous soon enough

Thanks for enduring the pain to test it! I'm just curious, that's all. My van had power sliders and I can put a finger in there when it closes and it will reverse without pinching.

Looks like snow is upon us. Had to buy winter wipers yesterday just to cope with the ice. Can't wait to get the new truck and enjoy the 4wd.

I grew up in Burlington and will certainly look up National4WD when I get some spare cash for accessories. I've never been in thier shop.

Thanks again. Appreciated.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:38 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Atlantic Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:42
ccga3359 is on a distinguished road

Well yesterday it was -9 with windchill, my tailgate was frozen shut, as was my flipbak cover, as was my drivers window, as was my left nut. The steps worked perfectly, ice build was not an issue. As mentioned in a previous post there is a pressure sensor sort of thing going on, a small amount of weight on the step will stop it going up, I just tested it by holding it up with my foot while opening the door and was able to stop it no problem. This suggests to me that if its frozen in the retracted position or blocked from stowing because of ice (buildup or blockage) that it will not allow itself to be forced to move. The worst case scenario would be the step stuck in the fully down position. It would still have the 9'' of ground clearance. I will keep this thread updated but I'm still hoping for another mild winter (one reason I didn't move up to Sudbury).
Old 12-14-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Nut View Post
Thanks for enduring the pain to test it! I'm just curious, that's all. My van had power sliders and I can put a finger in there when it closes and it will reverse without pinching.

Looks like snow is upon us. Had to buy winter wipers yesterday just to cope with the ice. Can't wait to get the new truck and enjoy the 4wd.

I grew up in Burlington and will certainly look up National4WD when I get some spare cash for accessories. I've never been in thier shop.

Thanks again. Appreciated.
They're on Harvester (northside) between Appleby & Burloak. I always thought that they'we expensive but I finding that this might not be correct. These steps and Mickey Thompson products are the same price as listed in USA only stores like Jegs!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:52 PM

Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

Was on their site and on the phone with them today. No stock on the 2010 ram and they can't say if I'd get it before the rebate oofer expires on jan 31 shit! price was only 1050 plus 75 shipping though. They are going to call me on Mon with answers lets hope!!!
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 12-18-2010, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Was on their site and on the phone with them today. No stock on the 2010 ram and they can't say if I'd get it before the rebate oofer expires on jan 31 shit! price was only 1050 plus 75 shipping though. They are going to call me on Mon with answers lets hope!!!
I'm assuming national4wd's site. They should honour the rebate if ordered before Decembre 31st when the rebate ends especially if paid in full (or even a deposit). The January 31st deadline is for when your rebate must be mailed in!. You could also contact AMP Research directly if National4wd can't give you an answer.

My thoughts are that these steps should be covered by OHIP for us old bastards that have difficulties getting into our trucks!
Old 12-18-2010, 04:16 PM

Yeah I'm thinking for that price i'm going to order them and if they can't get them to me in time to mail in the rebate I'll contact amp with my invoice and delivery statement and see what they will do for me. Considering the best price i've seen is 1300usd 1050cad is too good to pass up even if I don't get the extender!
I like your idea!! maybe send in the bill to ohip and see what they say!! lol
Old 12-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: sport
Color: white
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
tripblck is on a distinguished road

wow, this would be a perfect mod to my new ram. Curious on hiw the install would go on the 2010 being the computer/ dash board is totally diff from the 05
Old 12-19-2010, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crewcab 1500
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: Email: Chili1k@att.net
Rep:1092
Chili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud of

Good job....

thanks for the write up!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripblck View Post
wow, this would be a perfect mod to my new ram. Curious on hiw the install would go on the 2010 being the computer/ dash board is totally diff from the 05
It works independantly from the comp. Powered right from the battery and tapped into the "door ajar" idiot light.