DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:91
ttredraider78 will become famous soon enough
Default superchips 3842 vs bullydog...2013 ram r/t

Let me start off by saying, I had the bullydog installed on my truck for the better part of a year. I have a muffler delete, custom y pipe, volant intake and 180 t-stat already on my truck. After reflashing the truck to stock and taking my truck to the dealer several times for maintenance and having the Bullydog "lockup" my truck when I went to re-tune, I decided to leave it off the last go round. Honestly, the truck felt stouter without the Bullydog than with.

After having awesome results with the flashpaq on my 05 hemi, I decided to pull the trigger on a 3842 from 4 wheel parts here in Nashville. All I can say is WOW after installing the flashpaq! It took the better part of 2 hours to update the device and install the tuning on my truck. The computers on these trucks are ridic as we know. The truck now consistently scratches in 3rd gear on the 93 performance tune, something that never happened with the bullydog. The truck is much snappier shifting and much less lag than the truck had with the BD as well. I am truly amazed at difference in the 2 devices. So for all you on the fence on deciding between the 2 tuners, there is a night and day difference performance wise with the 2. One other thing, you can take the shift points much higher with the superchips tuner than you are able with the bullydog. Less glitches, more thorough tuning with the flashpaq!!
Sponsored links
Old 07-05-2014, 05:44 PM

Vehicle: 2013 DODGE RAM 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: SILVER
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:16
HammerHead is on a distinguished road

Just orders the Superchips and will installing the tune on Monday. Glad to hear the good review. Can't wait
Old 07-05-2014, 10:36 PM

I wish I would have waited like I had planned too. The bullydog has been relegated to paperweight status lol
Old 07-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:10
firefighter830 is on a distinguished road

I'm new at the whole tuning game..does each individual person have to buy the tuner, or could say 1 guy buy one and use it to tune several trucks?
Old 07-07-2014, 10:34 PM

One tuner, one vehicle. That's the way all these tuners work.

I've been driving the truck for a few days now. Its amazing how hard and precise the truck shifts with the super chips tuner. I'm literally blown away compared to the bullydog. I read about all the nightmares with the 65rfe and 545rfe trannies and can't help but think that its gonna go at some point because I can't keep my foot off the gas . knock on wood.....I had all the bolt ons and a tuner on my 05 rcsb and it still runs hard as hell and shifts perfect to this day. Hopefully the trannie in this truck holds up good as well. If it goes, I'm going built transmission and supercharger route. The truck literally feels like it went from a high 13 truck to a low 13 truck.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:52 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram1500 4x4
Color: White
Rep:48
dustin72 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttredraider78 View Post
One tuner, one vehicle. That's the way all these tuners work.

I've been driving the truck for a few days now. Its amazing how hard and precise the truck shifts with the super chips tuner. I'm literally blown away compared to the bullydog. I read about all the nightmares with the 65rfe and 545rfe trannies and can't help but think that its gonna go at some point because I can't keep my foot off the gas . knock on wood.....I had all the bolt ons and a tuner on my 05 rcsb and it still runs hard as hell and shifts perfect to this day. Hopefully the trannie in this truck holds up good as well. If it goes, I'm going built transmission and supercharger route. The truck literally feels like it went from a high 13 truck to a low 13 truck.
That's good to hear. Did you have any issues installing the tuner? I tried installing mine a couple weeks ago and it said that my truck's calibration didn't exist yet. Said it should be available in a couple weeks. That was two weeks ago.

Black SRT10 22's with 305/45/22 Nitto NT420S Tires, 6000k Low and Fog HID's, Debadged, Custom Mopar Badges
Old 07-09-2014, 08:02 PM

make sure you update the tuner right out of the box via the spark tool on superchips.com first. I did this before installing the tune on my truck. it takes a little while but that should allow you to install it on your truck unless its a 2014 or its an 8 speed. it seems like a comprehensive tune. it takes all of 5 minutes to install a bullydog tune. the superchips takes at least 30 minutes to install
Old 07-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Vinnie the Wrench is on a distinguished road

I had the Bully as well. Worked good with a stock truck, but once I started swapping parts I had a lot of issues especially with the MDS. It made it run really shitty in my opinion and I couldnt customize the tune so I was throwing the CEL. I ended up going back to stock and the truck ran better but I hate having that damn CEL lit up. I ended up selling the BD and getting the Diablosport with a custom 93 octane tune from Hemifever. Now I love the way my truck runs.

"I will never leave a fallen comrade. I will never surrender though I am the last. If I am taken, I pray that I have the strength to defy my enemy." -De Opresso Liber
Old 07-10-2014, 07:01 PM

My CE light never came on but the tuner damn sure locked up my truck twice. For whatever reason, the BD tuner had to be wiped out and reset by their customer service remotely via computer to get the tuner working right again. Their customer service is great. Their tunes are meh.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Vinnie the Wrench is on a distinguished road

I agree, the customer service is great! But the product just isnt up to par for modified Hemi's. I was throwing the CEL for tripping the downstream O2 sensors after I put on my headers and high flow cats. Problem is there is no way to kill the sensor with out a custom tune and BullyDog doesnt support custom uploads like the DiabloSport.

"I will never leave a fallen comrade. I will never surrender though I am the last. If I am taken, I pray that I have the strength to defy my enemy." -De Opresso Liber