DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Any other GTX's?

33K views 62 replies 38 participants last post by  jacksongutzman 
#1 ·
Reppin' another special edition that I don't see a sub forum for, so figured I'd post it up here. '04 hemi GTX.

See less See more
#6 ·
The wheels are one thing I'm not sure if i like or not. I'm not a big chrome person....for anything. I was thinking of going with the black powdercoated srt-10 wheels. But yeah, these wheels are even rare for the GTX's. They are the rims they started putting on them when first produced, but then for some reason (unknown to me) they switched to the 5 spoked Am. Racing wheels. Don't know exactly at what number they quit putting them on, but this is #62 of 433 and I've seen people with numbers less than 100 with the 5 spokes on them, so....

#7 · (Edited)
me like :p I think thats the rarest one...isn't it? Only 433...

I saw a lime green one around my area...very neat trucks.

Also, the one I saw had the wheels...somethings telling me it was #12, but, I don't recall 100%...so...don't take my word on that...lol

#9 · (Edited)
Directly from LA West:
211 Orange
97 Sublime
72 Plum Crazy
53 Banana Yellow
433 TOTAL

Note: Quad Cabs were built in two colors only: Orange & Sublime.

yeah. those are the numbers of the '04 year, and less than 433 were made in '05.

yeah. theres really nothing else chrome on the truck other than the headlights and exhaust tips..... which will be possibly changed as well. And i've thought about powdercoating these wheels. Still in the air at this point.

#16 ·
wow, i do like that white one. But yeah, I had heard they'd made some in white and some in black during the '05 production run of the trucks. Just never heard any numbers as far as how many of each, and never seen pics either. thanks for posting that up.

#18 ·
Thanks. The GTX's have nothing as far as performance go. Only thing different under the hood is the intake resonator is painted the same color as the truck. Other than that, its all just cosmetics. Paint job, cowl hood, rims, graphics, and the interior is black and orange(or same color of out side of truck for other ones) Italian stitched leather. And A matching steering wheel. Oh, The muffler is different than other rams too. The GTX's have a custom built Pacesetter muffler to give them a certain tone. Problem is, You can only get the exhaust through LA West (the shop who turned these into the GTX) since there is no part number for them. But they aren't the best quality mufflers. Right now, I have no tips sticking out the back, because the tailpipes have rusted off at the muffler, and the muffler is cracked causing it to rattle at certain rpm's. I figured this is just my truck, but on the GTX forum, it seems to be everyone that has that same problem, so I guess they just aren't that quality of a muffler.

#19 ·
SWEET TRUCK....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are 2 of these right here where i live in upstate NY.
One is lime green, the other one is plum crazy purple.
Both are authentic GTX trucks... i`ve checked them both out.
I hope you KEEP this truck forever dude....NICE...!

#21 ·
I had the chance to buy one about 4 years ago. they had all 3 colors, Sub Lime, orange and Yellow. All were brand new at a dealership here in CO. At times I wish I would have bought one, but then I wanted the QC. 4 years later I went through 1 more QC, then ended up with a REG cab sport. Go figure.

Sharp trucks for sure.

#24 ·
I just joined this forum, I found it searching for good dodge forums. I have an 05 gtxtreme quad cab 4x4 in plum crazy. The door tag say #0099. I bought it 1 1/2 years ago and it still has the original dealer business card from Rockaway, NJ. I live in south Arkansas. Once I get some good pics I will upload some. It has the purple fiberglass toneau (sp) cover, and I also had to replace the rusted out exhaust. It has the moto metal chrome wheels. Glad to see some other gtxtremes!

#25 ·
Nice to finally see another GTX owner on here. Mine isn't the gtxtreme.. pretty sure those were the '05 models, but never the less, same truck. Do you know how many were made in the '05 production run? Also, if you havn't found us yet, rumblebee.org has an entire section dedicated to the gtx trucks. So swing over there an check it out if not already a member. I'm gtx62 on there.

#26 ·
I just joined with the same name I have on here. I keep seeing on both sites that in 05 that q cabs were only made in 2 colors and one wasnt plum crazy, but I have the door plate to prove it. Maybe I can help someone figure out why that info is off. Thanks for the tip on the other site.

#27 ·
That is one sick truck!! I really like that hood, actually everything on that truck!! NICE!

#29 ·
04 plum crazy

I have a Plum Crazy 04 Ram. i love it. saw your discussion and was wondering if you know how many they still have? i have # 269. There are not a lot of people that know about these trucks, most people that ask to look at mine think i had it costomized. When it tell them about it, it blows their minds.

Attachments