DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-28-2014, 05:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:42
tonw07 is on a distinguished road
Default TonW07's 2008 1500 Build Thread

Hi, I'm Tony. This is my second shot at a build thread now that I understand how this works a little better.
This is, as best I can show, from when I got the truck to where I am at currently with it. I took as many pictures as I could so hopefully you guys like where I go with this!

Here is a picture the dealership had online and how it looked when I brought it home. It came with a spray in bed liner, dual exhaust, and the SRT10 20" Rims. I actually really disliked the rims at first and about had the dealership swap them out but they grew on me pretty quick and now I couldn't be happier with them.

Here is a shot a few days after I bought it right after I washed it up a bit.

The first thing I did was buy some Front Mopar Floor Mats and Mopar Mud Flaps
I painted the Ram emblem on the flaps to make them a little more my own.

Here are the Flaps on the truck.

The next few things I bought for the truck was a Mopar steering wheel cover with white Ram emblems, Shorty 14" Black Billet antenna (pictured below), and a TruXedo Deuce Roll-Up Tonneau Cover.

The next thing I got was some tinted WeatherTech window deflectors and a SwingCase. With the swingcase, I really liked the idea of an out of the way storage option for things I didn't want under my back seat like my chain, some tools, jumper cables, etc. I did a little customizing to make the case fit tighter into the side of the box by cutting the bracket up a bit and heating the case up to form it around the tie down loop.

What I took out of the front of the bracket to bring the case closer to the box.

Where I heated up the case to form it around the tie down loop.

All finished up.

The next thing I bought was an S&B Cold Air intake. It took me a lot longer than I expected to get it installed but I am very happy with the quality of the S&B. It made the engine sound a lot meaner inside the cab and even helped my mileage 1/4 to 1/2 mph ha!

I wanted a little better thump out of the sound system so I bought a custom fit box to fit under the rear passenger seat and threw in a shallow 12" kicker sub ran off an amp my uncle had sitting around. I need to have someone that knows audio to take a look at my setup because I really believe it have push a little better than it currently does.

I was wanting to shoot for a little better mileage again so I decided to go with the DiabloSport I1000 inTune Vehicle Programmer. I set it on the mileage tune and honestly haven't taken it off that in the 7 months that I've had it. I was happy with the tuner, it seemed to make the throttle response a bit better and did help with my mileage a little.

Then came up deer hunting season and I got an opportunity to try the truck out for what it was made for. I had a great time mudding and hunting and was even able to get it stuck for the first time but I did realize the street tires had to go in the near future. Click on the second picture, it is a video of me being pulled out..

VIDEO: Getting Pulled Out

A few months went by and I needed to do some more modding since I was trolling around on the forum so much and I found the DeeZee tailgate assist. A nice easy little mod that got me to do something on the truck after the long winter.

I then finally got some money saved up and got me some Bilstein 5100's to level out the front and after a lot of research I put on some 34" Toyo ATII tires on all around! Man was I happy with the way it turned out. The few months I have been running this set up I have been very happy. Sure changed the look of the truck for the better!

This is the only picture I have gotten of the truck since the Level and Tires.

I have a couple more things coming up that I am in the process of doing so will get those updated when I can get some pictures

Bilstein 5100's, 20" SRT10's, 34.1x10.8 Toyo ATII's, Truxedo Deuce Tonneau Cover, DiabloSport I1000 inTune, S&B CAI, Swing Case,Window Deflectors,
12" Kicker Sub, Mopar Front Floor Mats, Mopar Mud Flaps, BugFlector, Tinted Tails, 14" Black Billet Antenna, LED Cargo Lights, DeeZee tailgate assist.

Last edited by tonw07; 05-28-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 05-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Default Build Sheet

I finally emailed Chrysler to get a list of what came on my vehicle from the factory. The funny thing is that I learned that my truck is the Big Horn Edition. I had no idea..

Model Year 2008
Body Model DR 6 H 41
Color PW1- Stone White Clear Coat
In Service Date 07/30/2008

Sales Code Description

M9 Cloth 40/20/40 Prem Bench Seat
D5 Med Slate Gray
AHC Trailer Tow Group
APAS Monotone Paint
BAZS 136 Amp Alternator
BCQP 750 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
BRRS 4 Wheel Disc Rr Anti-Lock Brakes
CBEP 40/20/40 Split Bench Seat
CGDS Front Height Adjust Shoulder Belts
CG3S Advanced Multistage Front Air Bags
CKES Floor Covering Carpet
CLES Front & Rear Floor Mats
CSPS Passenger Assist Handle
CSXP Rear 60/40 Split Folding Seat
CUES Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
CUSS Overhead Console w/Trip Computer
CVHP Front Center Seat Cushion Storage
DGQ 5-Spd Automatic 545RFE Transmission
DH5S Elec Shift-on-the-Fly P/Time T/Case
DJMS 205MM HD Front Axle
DMHS 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
DRBS Corporate 9.25 LD Rear Axle
EZB 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS Engine
GACS Tinted Glass Windows
GFES Rear Power Sliding Window
GNAS Rear View Day/Night Mirror
GNMS Passenger Side Sun Visor w/Mirror
GTSS Power Heated Mirrors, Fold-Away
GVBC All Vehicles W/Power Mirrors
GXMS Remote Keyless Entry
GXXS Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System
HAAS Air Conditioning
HGAP Hood Insulation
HGBS Dash Liner Insulation
HGDS Deluxe Body Insulation
HGFS Floor Tunnel Insulation
JAYS Instrument Cluster w/Tach
JBYS Instr. Panel Color Keyed Bezel
JCBS 120 MPH Primary Speedometer
JHAS Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
JJAS Cigar Lighter
JJBS Dual Note Electric Horns
JJJS 12V Auxiliary Power Outlet
JKYS Power Accessory Delay
JPBS Power Locks
JPDS Power Windows, Driver One-Touch
JRDP Power Driver Seat
JTHP Power 6-Way Driver Seat
LABS Tire Pressure Monitoring Warning LP
LMAS Halogen Headlamps
LNJS Fog Lamps
LPES Cargo Lamp
MBFS Bright Rear Bumper
MCMS Body Color Upper Fascia
MCTS Bright Front Bumper
MDAP Front License Plate Bracket
MF1S Bright/Bright Grille
MGAS Ram's Head Badge
MUSS 4X4 Badge
MWDS Removable Tailgate w/Caliper Latches
MXBS Front Air Dam
MXCS Front Air Close Out Panel
MYFA Bighorn Badge
NAA Federal Emissions
NFWS 26 Gallon Fuel Tank
NHBP Auxiliary Transmission Oil Cooler
NHMS Speed Control
NHNP Electronically Controlled Throttle
NMCP Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
NZDP Next Generation Engine Controller
PW1 Stone White Clear Coat
QW1S Stone White C/C
RAAC All Radio Equipped Vehicles
RCDS 4 Speakers
RDDP Fixed Long Mast Antenna
REFS AM/FM Compact Disc Radio
RSAS Sirius Satellite Radio
SBAS Power Rack and Pinion Steering
SCFS 4-Spoke Steering Wheel
SFBS Front Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers
SGBS Rear Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers
SHAS Front Stabilizer Bar
SUAS Tilt Steering Column
TBBS Full Size Spare Tire
TBMS Tire Carrier Winch
TTJS P275/60R20 BSW All Season Tires
TZAP Goodyear Brand Tires
WF1S 17" Steel Spare Wheel
WLZC All Aluminum Wheels
WMJP Center Hub
WPAS 20X9.0 Aluminum Wheels
XA8S Non Adjustable Pedals
XBNP Tip Start
XBSS Pickup Box
XFHP Class IV Receiver Hitch
XFKP 7 Pin Wiring Harness
XFUS Trailer Tow w/4-Pin Connector Wiring
XGWP Stain Repel Seat Fabric
X81S Instrument Panel Parts Module
X88S Tire & Wheel Parts Module
X9AP For More Info, Call 888-539-7474
X97P 1-Year Service Provided by SIRIUS
YAAS Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications

Bilstein 5100's, 20" SRT10's, 34.1x10.8 Toyo ATII's, Truxedo Deuce Tonneau Cover, DiabloSport I1000 inTune, S&B CAI, Swing Case,Window Deflectors,
12" Kicker Sub, Mopar Front Floor Mats, Mopar Mud Flaps, BugFlector, Tinted Tails, 14" Black Billet Antenna, LED Cargo Lights, DeeZee tailgate assist.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome looking rig man. And I just died laughing at the video of you getting pulled out. You know you are going hard when it requires a a tow train with a Cummins rolling some coal at the front.

Keep up the mods, It's lookin sweet.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 05-29-2014, 09:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Awesome looking rig man. And I just died laughing at the video of you getting pulled out. You know you are going hard when it requires a a tow train with a Cummins rolling some coal at the front
Thanks! That GMC actually pulled me out of the hole most of the way but it didn't have enough to get my rear end out of the hole and up the hill so we brought the dually in. It was a helluva good time.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:31 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:1034
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

Thats a great looking truck bud, and i love the white paint on the mud flaps! its all about the details. Also props for but being ashamed of having to have a chevy pull ya out, i never would have admitted to that LOL
Old 05-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanhart View Post
Thats a great looking truck bud, and i love the white paint on the mud flaps! its all about the details. Also props for but being ashamed of having to have a chevy pull ya out, i never would have admitted to that LOL
Ha! Just keep in mind, a GMC being pulled by a Dodge is what got me out in the end! This is why I'm not so ashamed. Also a large part of me getting stuck was the fact that I had street tires that needed to be replaced.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

So I went and drove my pickup around last week for the first time in about 2 months just to get some things together before my permanent move up to Alaska in a week and a half and when I was driving across town it felt like the rear end was locking up intermittently, more so when I gave it gas. I was able to limp it to the shop and get it looked at, when they opened up the rear end they said there were a hand full of gear teeth laying in the bottom.. Thankfully it looks like the extended warranty will cover the majority of this because at $2-$3k that would have been a tough hit!

Getting pretty excited for this road trip through Canada!!