DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-23-2014, 02:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Dark Brown
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
2011RamCC is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Tow mirror turn signal and puddle lights

What is the procedure to remove and replace these LED lights? I already have the lights, I just need to know how to remove the old ones without damaging the mirror itself. Only the passenger side puddle light works, and only the driver's side turn signal light works, and then on either, some of the LED's are not working. So, I decided to replace them all.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored links
Old 03-24-2014, 02:06 PM

Anybody???
Old 03-24-2014, 02:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

I believe the turn signal just pops off the puddle light you need to remove the long thin mirror. it is a pain to remove the mirror it comes straight out and don't break the tabs.

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:32 PM

So, how does that concave mirror come off???
Old 03-27-2014, 07:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011RamCC View Post
So, how does that concave mirror come off???
Pull it carefully, and evenly

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:37 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl(Its effin Dark Red)
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:26
jdip is on a distinguished road

Wish I saw this earlier to help you. Since you said concave mirror I assume you have tow mirrors. I just did this last month, got screwed on ebay swapping an OEM ebay mirror that rattled for another used one. New one was perfect but turn signal was out on it. Swapped old turn signal to new mirror and bingo.
I never did the puddle lamp but I assume it looks like it has flanges on the lens and it just gently comes out.

For the turn signal, point your adjustable larger mirror all the way our to make it easier to slip your finger behind the convex mirror. I find it easiest to be flipped down in horizontal non tow mode. Make sure your convex mirror is completely in the middle and even on all sides. Slide your finger to the bottom right corner and top right corner. Gently begin "tugging" directly out at the same time top and bottom. DO NOT wiggle twist or turn. Work it nice and gently and the convex mirror should pop directly out. If your gentle nothing should happen to the convex mirror clips.
The turn signal is secure with I think a T10 torx? Whatever the odd star pattern screw is, cant remember off the top of my head. The wiring harness clip is right there for you to just pop out. Just be sure to allign the flanges when replacing the turn signal, and the signal has a little line of paint either silver or black depending on your mirror trim. Just be sure to line that up. Like a dope I put it in wrong, and at least I caught it before replacing the convex mirror.
Once your turn signal is secured hand tighten the screw, give it a little wiggle check it, and replace the new wire harness plug. Check the signal and your good for the convex mirror.

Try and line up the convex mirror clips and push it evenly in, work it until it snaps into place. Check the convex mirror because when I replaced it I missed one clip and it was a little lose, and luckily I didnt lose it on a speed bump.

The key is just remove and replace the convex mirror evenly and gently.

Hope it worked out for ya if you did it already, and if not hopefully this serves purpose for someone in the future. Any questions let me know, I should have thought to take pics during the swap. I even schooled my dealership I inquired to them prior to doing this, and they had absolutely ZERO knowledge the signal was even replaceable, or how to disassemble the convex mirror to access the signal.