DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-26-2014, 11:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 QC 4X4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:54
LS1EB will become famous soon enough

The Toyo M/Ts are a great tire for sure but they are the ridiculously heavy. Just something to keep in mind if you value your acceleration, braking, towing ability, or MPGs. Granted any 37" will hurt all those, but the Toyo M/Ts even more so. Just my .02 if you don't really need an aggressive tire.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram express crew 4wd
Trim Level: express
Color: white
Rep:10
benchkrusher is on a distinguished road

Well to my wife those are always factors to take into consideration. For me if it was my truck I would just want it to be badass haha no matter what sacrifices would have to be made. Now If running 37s regardless if A/T or M/T im sure recalibration would have to be done with the computer but would there be any issues with gearing or the rear end? I just dont want to have other suprises pop up in the outcome. Realistically I could do a leveling kit with 35s and the wife would get over not doing a lift. I know this may upset you guys but I myself am an air ride sitting low to the ground kinda guy I have always been a LOW LIFE haha so this really Is all opposite to me. I think thats why the wife and I gel so well because we are polar opposites. Also does anyone have pics of a lifted ram with at style tires on it. Im not seeing much on the web except a dually on Falkens.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramguy45 View Post
Even though I have never been stuck, I agree that the Toyo M/T is probably a better tire for mudding or offroading, But I'm assuming it's like other offroad tires, Noiser than the BFG's, a rougher ride, and probably not going to get 70-80k miles out of it. (That's just a guess though). I think both tires have there place, I guess it just depends on what's the primary use going to be.
The toyo's are actually very quiet for an M/T tire, the guy with the BFG's just swapped out the cooper discovery SST tires, and they are loud. His BFG A/T were only a little bit quieter. With my exhaust and such, my truck is never quiet anyways I really do like the BFG A/T though, and highly reconmend them and the Toyo Open Country A/T2 for a solid all around A/T.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 03-27-2014, 07:43 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:722
macc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
The toyo's are actually very quiet for an M/T tire, the guy with the BFG's just swapped out the cooper discovery SST tires, and they are loud. His BFG A/T were only a little bit quieter. With my exhaust and such, my truck is never quiet anyways I really do like the BFG A/T though, and highly reconmend them and the Toyo Open Country A/T2 for a solid all around A/T.
I'll probably the A/T route next with one of those two options. Either the BFG or the Toyo A/T. Just depends on price at the time. and weight too i guess... These M/T's are HEAVY! lol. Truck drives like a dream though.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by macc08 View Post
I'll probably the A/T route next with one of those two options. Either the BFG or the Toyo A/T. Just depends on price at the time. and weight too i guess... These M/T's are HEAVY! lol. Truck drives like a dream though.
I was just looking at those, but neither of them offer a 37/13.50/17 tire. Makes me sad
Old 03-27-2014, 08:34 PM

macc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
I was just looking at those, but neither of them offer a 37/13.50/17 tire. Makes me sad

LOL im sure you can get a metric one close though!
Old 03-27-2014, 08:52 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by macc08 View Post
LOL im sure you can get a metric one close though!
I tried that too with little luck
Old 03-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:10
Dave665 is on a distinguished road

Not sure how to post pictures, but if you click on gallery and type in black ram in the advanced search. My pics are labeled black ram lifted. I'm running the 6"RCX lift, bils@1.4" with 22" Fuel Hostages on 37" Toyo MT's . For a mud tire I expected them to be really loud on the road. I don't find them noisy, first winter with them and I had no problem through deep snow or ice. Their great in the mud and I'm glad I didn't go with an AT tire. Good luck with your wife's build. Can't wait to see your pics.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave665 View Post
Not sure how to post pictures, but if you click on gallery and type in black ram in the advanced search. My pics are labeled black ram lifted. I'm running the 6"RCX lift, bils@1.4" with 22" Fuel Hostages on 37" Toyo MT's . For a mud tire I expected them to be really loud on the road. I don't find them noisy, first winter with them and I had no problem through deep snow or ice. Their great in the mud and I'm glad I didn't go with an AT tire. Good luck with your wife's build. Can't wait to see your pics.
did you get new rear coils with your lift or just spacers? We just had this discussion in another thread because another member got new rear coils with his kit and the site advertises spacers instead now... i contacted Rough Country and they didn't mention anything about "changing" from coils to spacers...

Just curious.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave665 View Post
Here you go Dave, I got your pictures from your album and posted them up here to make it easier for everyone to view. Gorgeous truck by the way