DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > VARARAM - Dodge Ram Performance!

Notices

VARARAM - Dodge Ram Performance! Vararam Industries was created to bring true racing technology to the street, the most efficient air induction systems on earth. Our air induction systems produce more Power and Torque, offering you more real world performance than any of the other intake system out there, We've been tested to be the best, compared to the rest and each time VR comes out on top. - Dodge Ram Performance!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:41
Vararam Industries is on a distinguished road

Thanks - we will get you taken care of!!!
Sponsored links
Old 02-13-2014, 06:59 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

I found this picture on my PC. It doesn't accurately depict the bump but it does show the rear curves where the salt residue is missing. These are, I suspect, areas of blow by. They would likely coincide with the sport hood's negative voids, allowing a weakness in the seal/liner interface.

More to come tomorrow!

Var

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 02-14-2014, 10:35 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

Another photo. It's so damn tough to illustrate that bump I mention. Hoping this photo shows it. It's there but understated .. you'd almost have to see it in person.

Incidentally there is another guy I just saw posting in the 5.7 HEMI performance area that has a thread going. He seems dismayed with the Air Grabber, but his issue seems similar to mine. He put flour on the upper portion of the AG seal and closed the hood. Clearly you can see that much of the AG isn't contacting the hood liner, particularly where the hood rises and leaves a negative void below.

I've asked him to try loosening the upper connector (AG tube to silicone tube) and after raising the tray, close the hood while loose, and then immediately tighten the connector again.

I'm going to try this as well when I have the first chance.

Cheers,

Var

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau