DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-29-2014, 07:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
kai405 is on a distinguished road
Default First time baking headlights and a couple other things...

hey everyone i bought these headlights PRO-YD-DR09-CCFL-SM smoked spyders and im going to replace the crappy LEDs with CCFLs. im going to take out all the lights and wires except the halos, bake them at 230F for 8mins on a pan with cardboard underneath them and see how that goes. any other advice before i go ahead?

Also hidsusa is the only ones i could find that sell CCFL rings anywhere else thats a bit cheaper? Also im unsure about the millimeter size of the rings... anyone wana help me out with that? i would really appriciate it thanks
Sponsored links
Old 01-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Running Wide Open

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:988
Kamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to behold

I mean no disrespect but save your self the trouble and dont put in the CCFL rings, even the good expensive versions of them have trouble with the invertors going bad and being really finicky and a big hassle. If you are looking to upgrade the ring go to superbright leds look at these leds have such a longer working life and these are closely enoughed spaced that they will look pretty close to the CCFL look you want with out the head ache
Old 01-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

was thinking about going with leds but only found ones with the spacings and they didnt look very good but those look awesome! can i just splice them right in or do i need anything else with them?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Running Wide Open

Kamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to behold

I personally would go LED its a much more reliable product and trust me you dont wanna have to bake apart more than you have to I currently have to bake my custom builds back apart sometime to fix some issues and this will be the 7th time .. as for your wiring, i do not know off the top of my head the wiring that those lights come with and where they have them connected but you should be able to just spice them in to the existing wiring. That being said if they have any type of capacitor or resistor in line with the current LED ring leave that in there be cause it is to stop any flicking with the CANBUS system on the 4th gen

Also for the reseal of the lights you would be smart to get some butyl sealant, which is cheap and available at the retrofit source .com so put back in to save yourself from any condensation and leaking issues

Last edited by Kamanhart; 01-29-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat
Rep:68
Detroit3000 will become famous soon enough

TRS has the morimoto xb led angle eyes/halos for $45 set.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:52 PM
Running Wide Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit3000 View Post
TRS has the morimoto xb led angle eyes/halos for $45 set.
I saw those but didnt mention them because im currently facing both led rings that i got from them, which are the morimoto xb led, took a crap and arent lighting up uniformly and they are not wanting to stand behind them as of now
Old 01-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat
Rep:68
Detroit3000 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanhart View Post
I saw those but didnt mention them because im currently facing both led rings that i got from them, which are the morimoto xb led, took a crap and arent lighting up uniformly and they are not wanting to stand behind them as of now
That sucks, I have only used the morimoto projectors never the LEDs, but I seen the strips are ridiculously bright. With so many people using the product I assumed on name alone it would be a quality product. But with all the complaints about oracle products and how big of a company they are I'm not surprised.......
Old 01-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Running Wide Open

I love the projectors they have im running a set now and they are great so are there HID bulbs and components and thats why i went with the led rings from them as well, i understand that things go bad and quality control doesnt catch everything but when you advertise a 5 yr warranty you should step up to bat lol

sorry for the thread jack OP
Old 01-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

thanks karmanhart and detroit! i think im going to go with LEDs now. CCFL seems a bit more unreliable and less brighter imo.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Running Wide Open

No problem man you run into any issues you can always pm me ad il try and help you out best i can