DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM357 View Post
I run LED headlights on my HOG and KTM. Harley, and Baja Designs respectively. Bright as hell.

My interest is peeked. Do you have a link to the overseas supplier?

Thanks
I don't have a link, you need to type in "Guangzhou C.K. Electronics Co Ltd" on Google and they come up. They are a first year gold seal supplier. Everything about LED lighting is there.
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
SShadow1974 has a spectacular aura aboutSShadow1974 has a spectacular aura about

Very intersting site, Otterdriver... But I see at least three different H11 listed there, but I can't tell what the difference is between the three...?
In any case, I am going to wait to see what yours looks like before I go dropping cash on replacement headlights...
Old 01-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

I noticed after browsing for awhile that they include sub-categories on the side, some lights are listings for motorcycles, others are for different wattage kits. They have very good descriptions and pictures, most all kits are canbus compatible, it would really be nice to just plug them in and they work without dinkin around with add-ons.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:17 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Rep:156
SShadow1974 has a spectacular aura aboutSShadow1974 has a spectacular aura about

Dinking around with harnesses and so on is what I don't want to have to deal with.
I simply want to remove the existing light and plug the LED in.
If your experience is like that, then I am going to follow suit - as long as the lights are brighter than stock...
Old 01-15-2014, 04:01 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

Don't HID retros in STOCK projectors create an unruly bright glare to oncoming drivers, which is why lots of guys change out the stock projectors to aftermaket ones designed for HID apps?

Along this line of thinking, would these high lumen LED bulbs create the same, less clean, light output in our stock projectors?

Thats a question I'd want answered adequately before seriously considering LED's.

Looking at their site I don't readily see any Hi/Lo bulb for our RAM projectors. I see a single beam 9006…

Also they acknowledge that not all vehicles can accommodate the huge heat sink they're bulbs have.

*Did you see these bulbs have internal fans? Failure of that fan = engine compartment fire?

Not trying to be a Debbie downer .. just widening my focus a tad.

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 01-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I've thought of your points, they are all valid, the low beam kit I ordered is from a different distributor, I stumbled upon this place through researching. My H11 low beam kit, the total lumen output from both lights are 3600, 1800 aside, this will be like a measuring stick for a potential upgrade to the lights from CK Electronics. If the housing seems to handle the higher output ( without a lot of light scatter or glare) then I am going to order the higher lumen kits for low and high beams and possibly the fog lights. There is no way that 1800 lumen lights will over-power the stock housing. Anything will be miles better than the factory low beams.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

So here it is boys and girls......I did the install today, the install was very easy, tried the bulbs first outside the housing and they worked flawlessly. Worked the lows and highs with the truck off and running.....perfect, so I buttoned everything up and waited for night fall.....well!!.......what a f#**#n disappointment........groan! they just don't work worth a SHYTE. Man what a let down. So I would like to think I wasted $125 so you won't have to, sylvania ultras going back in tomorrow morning. Peace out.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:24 AM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

Sucks man. Thats a bummer for sure. Sorry that had to happen…

Was it a reputable supplier?

Are you absolutely sure you got what was advertised? Did you check the part numbers etc?

Kinda hoping for your sake they sent you the wrong parts.

If not, and the seller is solid, will they refund your cash?

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 01-18-2014, 09:39 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:16
NCBEAST is on a distinguished road

Yeah, really sucks...I wanted some of these.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I really thought I stumbled onto something with these lol, I just thought it would be a really good compromise between HID's and standard halogens.......dam. Lol, anyways, back to reality, I did cross reference the part numbers, the shipper was a top seller. I'm probably gonna take this one on the chin and write it off, I cancelled a different order with another company out of Florida through paypal and it's been like pulling teeth to get my refund. There are higher lumen kits that I mentioned in earlier posts but I am totally gun shy now, as far as the install, the only mod I had to make was dremelling a hole in the back of the dust cover, everything else plugged right in, no extra wires or resistors, the ballasts were nice and compact, I 3m taped them to the back of the light housing, they fired right up, no error messages or flickering, in this regard they worked totally as advertised. I might consider HID's at some point, right now I'm going to grab a light bar, there's no question what these put out for light. Thumbs up!