DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute
Default Using the Ram Logo in the dash to install Auxiliary Switches

Well, a while back I had made an auxiliary switch bank unit out of the Ram Logo on the center dash area, I had used Red LED's, well I like Blue so I decided to redo it today. Here's what I did.

Not installed yet, will do that this week.

first I had to setup the switches, 4 of them, wire them up and shrink wrap everything so its nice and tidy

Then had to drill and install switches, 5/8 Roberson Drill bit and make the 4 holes, the location is pretty tight so once installed you cannot use the bolt to hold them in so basically glue them into place, 5 min epoxy or JB weld does a great job, just sand the plastic around the area for a good Stick lol.

Once set they look like this:

so this week will install them and get them hooked up.

Since I have 3 sets of lights, the light bar, the D2's and the PIAA's that will be installed behind the grill, the 4th will stay empty till I got something extra to install.

If anyone has questions let me know here or pm me.
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2013, 08:04 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Looks great!!

Any reason this over replacing it with the mopar aux switches? Price im guessing?
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 12-29-2013, 08:04 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

Cool man. I love the blue. That sort of thing would look killer on my truck with the blue lighting it has already.

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 12-29-2013, 08:43 PM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnu View Post
Looks great!!

Any reason this over replacing it with the mopar aux switches? Price im guessing?
Thanks shawnu, I just like doing something diff, and the Blue halo's look sweet at night in the truck, well they will, I have them in red now and like ram357 said, will look great with my ambient blue foot well lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM357 View Post
Cool man. I love the blue. That sort of thing would look killer on my truck with the blue lighting it has already.

Thanks bro, Lmao, yup, thats the reason for doing them in Blue.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:48 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light
Default Using the Ram Logo in the dash to install Auxiliary Switches

sounds good to me!! with some extra lighting i can see how it woud tie in better.

i just like an oem appearance on most thing, to ea their own. it still looks great!
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 12-29-2013, 08:57 PM

Here's what my red ones looked like:

Old 12-29-2013, 09:07 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

That really looks killer Asur.

It's difficult to get a feel for the colour of the RAM badging you installed them into, but I was thinking it might be cool to tape off the lighted portions and paint that whole pc so it matches the interior highlights - either what it was or a smokey pewter etc. That would tie the switches into the badging for a fully stock, yet trick appearance.

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 12-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Man Up And Cam Up

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1034
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

Definitely diggin the incognito switches Asur , i think the 4th one should be some james bond stuff with machine guns out of the front bumper or something , reps when it lets me
Old 12-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Here's what my red ones looked like:

Like always Asur fantastic you never disappoint. your mods are great

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM357 View Post
That really looks killer Asur.

It's difficult to get a feel for the colour of the RAM badging you installed them into, but I was thinking it might be cool to tape off the lighted portions and paint that whole pc so it matches the interior highlights - either what it was or a smokey pewter etc. That would tie the switches into the badging for a fully stock, yet trick appearance.

You can get these in black, but since there are many items around the dash with chrome accents on them its not bad and does not stick out too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanhart View Post
Definitely diggin the incognito switches Asur , i think the 4th one should be some james bond stuff with machine guns out of the front bumper or something , reps when it lets me

Lmao, t-yop with ejection seat, ya baby!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqudayo View Post
Like always Asur fantastic you never disappoint. your mods are great
Thanks bro, your truck is sweet, love them new wheels you go and well the bumper I told you before its more than sweet.