DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 07 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: st
Color: silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:68
moparmike07 will become famous soon enough

Sweet man looks great

2007 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 5 percent tint all around 35 percent windshield, ported tb, diablo sport, arh headers, magnaflow dual exhaust, magnaflow y pipe, krc210x cam,nitrous,CNC ported head. 4.56 motive
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2013, 12:49 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Black
Rep:214
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet4 View Post
Hey man truck sounds amazing I just bought the same cam and couldn't find a sound clip on it anywhere. so thanks for that. if you don't mind me asking what other parts did you have to buy? I got the 6.1l pushrods and springs any info would be great thanks
Lets see if I remember all the parts I got. I went with the custom forged pushrods from Inertia. Anyways here's the list:

Crazy Jay Plus Cam
16 6.1L Exhaust Valve Springs
Custom forged pushrods
6.1L timing set (the whole thing, tensioner chain, everything)
Timing cover gasket
5.7L Crank bolt (6.1L is the same bolt also but a different part number)
New Cam bolt
Left and Right head gaskets
2 sets of head bolts (one for each head)
Exhaust manifold gaksets
About 4 gallons of coolant (save some money and buy 2 gallons of pure coolant and 2 gallons of distilled water)
7 quarts oil
Oil filter
Optional: intake manifold gaskets (they are O rings), valve stem seals

I was leaking oil in my heads and burning it off through the exhaust so that's why I replaced the valve stem seals since that seemed to be the problem. My intake manifold gaskets were very oily so I replaced those as well. I would go with FelPro gaskets. They are the company that makes Mopars gaskets. All Mopar does is put their name on them and sell them for more money. So go with the FelPro gaskets. I can see if I can find my list with the part numbers as well and I'll get you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Curious how is your exhaust set up?
I'm running a custom made true dual exhaust. Pacesetter longtube headers into 3" piping, no cats, with 3" DMH electric cutouts, into Magnaflow mufflers with 3.5" black slant tips before each rear wheel. I'm essentially running 2 exhausts as I don't have any connection between both sides. No H or X or Y pipe at all.

Headers into piping

Piping to the cutout then muffler

Muffler to tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollers888 View Post
Your truck sounds mean. I love it. You mention you told them what you were looking to get out of your truck, what exactly do you plan on getting out of it. I want to do a cam swap in the future and I love the way your truck is sounding.
I was looking for alot more bottom end torque. I want to be thrown back in my seat when I hit the gas pedal. I'm never going to need to go 150 mph so I don't need acceleration from speeds like 70 mph. I plan on doing a Sharadon stage III valve body and a 2800-3000 stall converter next. These should also help with what I'm looking to get from my truck. I have taken my truck to the track before and I will probably go again, but being the fastest on the track isn't my first priority. If I can be first from the red light then I'm happy
-Full Custom Dual Exhaust by Big Power Racing - Inertia Crazy Jay Plus Cam -Pacesetter LTs - BFI Composite #83 - Inertia Custom Tune - Dual DMH Cutouts - 87mm TB - 180* t-stat-
Old 12-03-2013, 12:53 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

That's a pretty cool exhaust man. Have you thought about adding an h pipe between them, under the trans? Should help power output a little and would be cheap/easy.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:01 AM

Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
That's a pretty cool exhaust man. Have you thought about adding an h pipe between them, under the trans? Should help power output a little and would be cheap/easy.
I've thought about it but I'm not sure I have a place close enough the put one in. It wasn't my original plan to have the exhaust made this way, but with how I wanted it to look and the placement of things that's how it ended up being made. I have been considering adding an H in there though recently
-Full Custom Dual Exhaust by Big Power Racing - Inertia Crazy Jay Plus Cam -Pacesetter LTs - BFI Composite #83 - Inertia Custom Tune - Dual DMH Cutouts - 87mm TB - 180* t-stat-
Old 12-03-2013, 06:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: silver
Rep:10
silverbullet4 is on a distinguished road

Thanks man I appreciate it sounds like we got about the se build goin on I just bout the sharadon stage 2 tranny with stage 3 valve body and 3000 stall but my exhaust is a little different I got the pacesetter long tubrs with cat delete but I got two dynomaxx race bullet mufflers they a y pipe with a 4 in tip and I also looked into getting the high volume oil pump too but thanks again for the info
Old 12-03-2013, 08:25 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Color: Satin Orange
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Looks and sounds mean..You going to add a wide band if not already?

Old 12-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Man Up And Cam Up

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Silver
Rep:1029
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

That sounds wicked mean bud, definitely jealous!!! looking forward to the WOT video and hearing it scream
Old 12-04-2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSatinPumpkin View Post
Looks and sounds mean..You going to add a wide band if not already?
I've been thinking about it. Would you say its a good idea with everything I've done so far?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:26 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Color: Satin Orange
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Most definitely. always good to get real time readings of your AFR w/ your mods. Also a important value to whom is doing your tuning.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:48 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Very Nice, sounds really good, a video of the cam replacement would of been so cool