DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-09-2013, 01:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
Crazycanuck7403 is on a distinguished road
Default Quad Cab Child Car Seat Suggestions

I post this not seeking assistance, i am posting merely to assist others that may have or will have the issue that i have had. First and foremost, we love our truck, so much so that the wife pretty much claimed it and i get stuck driving the suv or car. We have a 2010 1500 Quad Sport 4x4 5.7 hemi, and before everyone starts telling me "why didnt you just get the crew cab?" we were not expecting to start a family at the time when we bought the truck but life decided to send us a surprise.

So here was the problem, im 6'2", so when i drive we could not put our baby in her car seat behind me as there was no room as i have the seat pushed all the way back. We had to have her behind the passenger seat, which she fit great unless i was stuck in the passenger seat lol. We have been searching for a forward facing car seat that was compact enough for her to fit comfortably and still allow me to have the leg room that i need. Oh sorry forgot daughter specs are 23 months, 27lbs, hieght not sure but she is of average hieght.

we have at last found 2 car seats that allow us to both fit on the same side of the vehicle and both are comrfortable. These car seats of both FORWARD FACING

Diono Radian R100 and Evenflo Maestro Combination Booster Car seat

Both are compact and both have 5 point harness.

The Diono is quite a bit pricier, but it is far sturdier, has an steel and aluminum frame, excellent strength and great features with padding etc. It also folds flat for easier storage (really handy when you travel on planes alot). The only negative thing about the seat is its weight, my wife is on the petite side so asking her to lug a 25lb (yes 25lbs! lol) carseat in and out of vehicles is out of the question.

The Evenflo was not quite as compact, but it was only an inch difference. but its wieght was what we are used to. still has great features including 2 cup holders and small head pillow. the price was alot more reasonable at 100. We decided to go with this one, as the weight was a bigger issue for my wife than the price.

These prices are in CDN, so for those in other locations they may be less (or higher which i doubt).

well hope this helps others that may have experienced car seat issues.

Cheers!
Sponsored links
Old 07-09-2013, 08:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

Thanks man, I am only 5 10. My son has a front facing seat and barely fits behind my chair. Not as bad as the mustang tho...
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 07-09-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astartes View Post
Thanks man, I am only 5 10. My son has a front facing seat and barely fits behind my chair. Not as bad as the mustang tho...
Your Welcome, Cheers
Old 07-09-2013, 11:04 AM

Oh i did forget to mention a couple things:

1. removing the rear head rest helps tons for the carseat to sit in proper position, and does make a little bit more room.

2. we did find another car seat that was compact and would have worked, but it was made by fisher price, and the colours were less than desirable was white, red, yellow blue. classic fisher price colours so keeping that clean would have been impossible, besides we have black ext/black int so that would stick out like a sore thumb. and for those might be interested the Diono does look sporty, kinda like a aftermarket recarro bucket.

Cheers
Old 11-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: True Blue
Rep:110
didimauw will become famous soon enoughdidimauw will become famous soon enough

When i bought my truck, we knew we had a baby on the way. we looked at the quad cab first. Took one look in the back seat and said nope... next! lol
Old 11-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:481
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Good info, one reason I got a Quad was in case I ever have kids but I don't like Crews. If you can do it at 6'2'' then I'm sure ill be fine at 5'9''.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:1056
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

I bought a crew cab specifically because we had a baby on the way. And trust me, w the seat in rear facing for the first two years, you'll need every inch of space. I'm on my second seat. The first one (Graco Snugride) was good for up to 30lbs or 29" and the baby out grew that real quick. So I picked up the Britax Boulevard 65. With my seat a little more forward than I would normally have it, the baby's seat is pressed up against the back of mine. It won't be an issue once it goes forward facing, but that's a year away. Quad Cab wouldn't have worked for us as we're both tall. We looked at the Diono Radian car seat but when it is rear facing, it is too upright for the baby to be able to sleep. It's only adjustable when its front facing. The Britax is adjustable both ways.