DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1010
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Awesome job man! I'm very impressed with the welds. You don't see a lot of do it yourselfers who can weld like that.
Thanks man, i appreciate that. I honestly didnt figure anyone would pay attention to the welds I worked in a welding and machine shop for 3 years in high school doing just about everything, including alot of stainless semi tank repair, some food grade, so it definitely comes in handy now and then.
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1969
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Well that definitely explains it! I always appreciate a good weld; I've seen way too many people do a terrible job at it which just wrecks the look of a nice finished piece.

Welding is definitely a good thing to know for any mechanic. You never know when you might need it. I have no where near the welding experience that you have but have done enough to be pretty decent at it. About 5 or 6 years ago now me and my Dad went out and bought a mig welder to have in the garage or shop. We don't use it overly often but it's so nice to have when you do need it. It was very handy to have when we put the lift on my truck just to throw a few tack welds on where needed.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 04-28-2014, 02:16 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well that definitely explains it! I always appreciate a good weld; I've seen way too many people do a terrible job at it which just wrecks the look of a nice finished piece.

Welding is definitely a good thing to know for any mechanic. You never know when you might need it. I have no where near the welding experience that you have but have done enough to be pretty decent at it. About 5 or 6 years ago now me and my Dad went out and bought a mig welder to have in the garage or shop. We don't use it overly often but it's so nice to have when you do need it. It was very handy to have when we put the lift on my truck just to throw a few tack welds on where needed.
I couldnt agree more, welding is a very useful thing to know how to do, it can save you lots of money down the road. I was lucky my dad started me welding when i was young for fixing stuff on the farm and when i got that job it just grew from there. I was certified at one point from everything from pressurized vessels to FAA cert for welding aircraft components, we did alot of manifold repairs for local crop dusters pilots.

A good mig welder is a fantastic tool, if you ever get a chance to work with a TIG dont pass it up it is an even better and more fun skill to have, once you start youll never want to use anything else
Old 04-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

I took a welding class and I suckkkkkkkkkkkk

hahaha well I mean, it wasn't bad for just learning how to weld. But damn, come weld a new exhaust for me any time you want to! Cause mine would look no where near that good.
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Old 04-28-2014, 02:40 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanhart View Post
I couldnt agree more, welding is a very useful thing to know how to do, it can save you lots of money down the road. I was lucky my dad started me welding when i was young for fixing stuff on the farm and when i got that job it just grew from there. I was certified at one point from everything from pressurized vessels to FAA cert for welding aircraft components, we did alot of manifold repairs for local crop dusters pilots.

A good mig welder is a fantastic tool, if you ever get a chance to work with a TIG dont pass it up it is an even better and more fun skill to have, once you start youll never want to use anything else
Ya I'd definitely like to try it out. My brother is a very good tig welder, he's done it for work for years. So when we need really nice finished stuff or aluminum to be welded we give it to him and he does it at work. I think one of my Uncles just bought a tig though so I might have to get down to his shop and try it out.

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Old 04-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer View Post
I took a welding class and I suckkkkkkkkkkkk

hahaha well I mean, it wasn't bad for just learning how to weld. But damn, come weld a new exhaust for me any time you want to! Cause mine would look no where near that good.
Hey man its just like anything else with out the proper fundamentals its crazy hard but once you learn the basics its not bad at all. It honestly just comes down to preparation if you have good clean metal any one can do it lol

Quote:
Ya I'd definitely like to try it out. My brother is a very good tig welder, he's done it for work for years. So when we need really nice finished stuff or aluminum to be welded we give it to him and he does it at work. I think one of my Uncles just bought a tig though so I might have to get down to his shop and try it out.
It would def be a good way to kill a lazy sunday I bet just from what I have seen from your build thread and around the forum youd love it. And it does take a long time to be great at it even more so aluminum, im rather out of practice being I have only done it here and there for the past 3 years. It would take me a solid hour of practice before I thought about touching aluminum or magnesium
Old 05-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Well it finally stopped raining long enough for me to grab a few quick videos in the drive tonight, i plan on grabbing some more this weekend of interior and exterior passes but it started rain right after i finished these tonight

So i ended up getting the DMH cut out installed on tuesday

Dave is an incredible guy to work with and i would purchase from him hands down again in the future

And i put on a turn down just so it didnt rattle in cab so bad with it opened up and help protect the cut out

So here is the 18" magnaflow that i had on before the swap at idle with a quick rev.

This is an idle clip of the new 22" magnaflow, (thanks to andrew @ bulys)

Here is a idle clip of with the DMH cut out opened up

And finally here is a quick clip of the transition between open and closed along with a couple little revs

Thanks for watching
Old 05-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:42
tonw07 is on a distinguished road

Nice work. I've always loved the idea of doing this just have never looked into it too much. Thanks for the videos!

Bilstein 5100's, 20" SRT10's, 34.1x10.8 Toyo ATII's, Truxedo Deuce Tonneau Cover, DiabloSport I1000 inTune, S&B CAI, Swing Case,Window Deflectors,
12" Kicker Sub, Mopar Front Floor Mats, Mopar Mud Flaps, BugFlector, Tinted Tails, 14" Black Billet Antenna, LED Cargo Lights, DeeZee tailgate assist.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:27 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonw07 View Post
Nice work. I've always loved the idea of doing this just have never looked into it too much. Thanks for the videos!
Hey thanks man! And honestly its probably one of my top 3 favorite mods, is great watching ricer punks faces when you flip the switch
Old 05-30-2014, 01:31 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Sound great man! Definitely a nice mod to have to open it up when you want some noise and then close it when it's time to just cruise around.