DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Running Wide Open

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:988
Kamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by macc08 View Post
awesome! Great write up too, love it!

she sounds like a pissed off bull.
Can't wait for some WOT clips!
That literally made me spit up some water

I got my wideband in and installed and sent my first logs to Stu for some tweaking tonight, once i get the okay from him i wil try and get some in cab WOT pulls. Im trying to hold of because he told me to not be to hard on it tell after a tweak so i have honestly only opened her up twice and its killing me
Engineering- The art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:717
macc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanhart View Post
That literally made me spit up some water

I got my wideband in and installed and sent my first logs to Stu for some tweaking tonight, once i get the okay from him i wil try and get some in cab WOT pulls. Im trying to hold of because he told me to not be to hard on it tell after a tweak so i have honestly only opened her up twice and its killing me
I bet! either put a bungee cord around your foot so as not to press the pedal, or put a phone book under the pedal so you can't press down too far... lol..

Do phone books still exist...
Old 04-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Running Wide Open

Kamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by macc08 View Post
I bet! either put a bungee cord around your foot so as not to press the pedal, or put a phone book under the pedal so you can't press down too far... lol..

Do phone books still exist...
i honestly dont think they do..

But i have some pretty think books from my engineering courses that will work just as well, and the double bonus is its give me a reason not to study
Engineering- The art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:24 AM
Rockin the Burbs

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500/ 06 Ram 1500
Color: Clear Black
Rep:27
RockemSockemRambot is on a distinguished road

It's a nice job you've been doing on your truck. I love the sound after the cam was installed. I want to hear that thing wide open too.

I really like the blue lights you've done in the dash too. Nice job all around.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:13 AM
Running Wide Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockemSockemRambot View Post
It's a nice job you've been doing on your truck. I love the sound after the cam was installed. I want to hear that thing wide open too.

I really like the blue lights you've done in the dash too. Nice job all around.
Thanks man, Im hoping either this weekend or middle of next week. I decided to do a completely different exhaust setup so all the parts should be in this weekend, HUGE shout out to Andrew at Bullys Performance for excellent service and prices that couldnt be matched, so as long as i can borrow a tig to get it all welded up it will be near future
Old 04-23-2014, 08:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

The truck looks good great job

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:08 PM
Rockin the Burbs

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500/ 06 Ram 1500
Color: Clear Black
Rep:27
RockemSockemRambot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanhart View Post
Thanks man, Im hoping either this weekend or middle of next week. I decided to do a completely different exhaust setup so all the parts should be in this weekend, HUGE shout out to Andrew at Bullys Performance for excellent service and prices that couldnt be matched, so as long as i can borrow a tig to get it all welded up it will be near future

You mean with all that farm equipment you got in the background, you don't have a tig welder? lol
Old 04-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Running Wide Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockemSockemRambot View Post
You mean with all that farm equipment you got in the background, you don't have a tig welder? lol
Pshht, Hell i just convinced him about 2 years ago to split the cost of a mig with me, since i only am half owner i cant really lay down the law

that being said, if it came down to it i could buy a spool of stainless and a bottle of argon and get it done but my friend has a tig i can use and i much prefer the look and quality of tig welds.

All that aside when i got home today to what was an early chistmas.

Not everything is in, im still waiting on my 3" DMH cutout that should be in either tomorrow or friday.

Being that I put a fair amount of highway miles on my truck, after the cam swap the 18" maggie i had just wasnt cutting it, So i contacted Andrew at Bullys Performanceand he hooked me up with a 5x11x22 and i had it 2 days after the order. I cant stress how awesome these guys are!! To cope with the quietness of the 22" i picked up a stainless y from QTP and the DMH electric cutout so i can still have i loud when i want it. so hopefully after this weekend it will be a whole different sounding machine.

Last edited by Kamanhart; 04-23-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:25 AM
Running Wide Open

I ended up being able to borrow my buddys welding setup this weekend to get to the exhaust, but I still have not received my DMH cut out yet

To start off i had to take down my old exhaust so here is a comparison between the 5x8x18 and the 5x11x22 maggie.

I loved the growl of the 18" in town but i put a lot of road miles on and the drone was just getting to be to much after LTs and a cam.

After i had that down off the truck the next part was to remove the after market y-pipe that came with the headers to weld on 1 side of the v-band clamp.

After that was re-installed i moved on the the cutout y-pipe and the opposite side of the v-band to the 4ft piece stainless pipe.

Next after many fitment checks and cussing we were able to tack on the muffler and the tail pipe under the truck and bring them out to weld them solid.

For the hangers, i purchased some solid 1/2 in stainless bar, after some time finessing them with a torch and crescent wrench i was able to get all the contours i needed for a very solid fit

Being that is was raining most of the weekend i dont have any sound clips yet, i really would like to wait until my cutout comes in so i can do all of them at the same time. What i can say, i i really love the sound of the 22" its definitely quiet, but it has a much more defined rumble to the exhaust and it just sounds much cleaner.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:01 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1945
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Awesome job man! I'm very impressed with the welds. You don't see a lot of do it yourselfers who can weld like that.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's