DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1056
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

If you want it, its worth driving to see it and be prepared to buy it. Have cash in hand. Money talks, bullshit walks. Check all the lights to make sure the bulbs work. Inside and out. When you drive it, make sure it doesn't pull left or right. See if it's got get up and go. See if it hesitates under acceleration. Should be smooth. Check the braking. Look at the rotors and pads see if they're worn out..
Be thorough but don't expect to buy a used truck and not have some things to replace. Its got enough miles that things will be going on it..
Old 11-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: White/Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:11
5.2firefighter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowUFO View Post
And get underneath it and check for rust and crusty old mud indicating that it might have been driven offroad. If so, that's money off for possible issues down the line for having been driven hard. And while you're under it, check joints, boots, seals for leaking..
Ok, thats one thing when i looked under the white truck, the driveshaft looked brand new, it was completely rust free, he told me he never took it off road and it sure looks like it, also they said the black truck had been a work truck, pulled a trailer for most of the 120000. For some reason i just really like the white truck, maybe its the paint but in person it looks great, it sits perfect with 1.5 in lift. I think a big factor is seller trust.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
If you want it, its worth driving to see it and be prepared to buy it. Have cash in hand. Money talks, bullshit walks. Check all the lights to make sure the bulbs work. Inside and out. When you drive it, make sure it doesn't pull left or right. See if it's got get up and go. See if it hesitates under acceleration. Should be smooth. Check the braking. Look at the rotors and pads see if they're worn out..
Be thorough but don't expect to buy a used truck and not have some things to replace. Its got enough miles that things will be going on it..
Yes, thats where i get a jam, with 3000 out the door i have a 1.5k buffer for things to be put on or fixed replaced, on the white truck he has paperwork on new reared, new battery,tires, brand new headlights with replacment bulbs, new brakes all the way around. Also he told me the tranny has had a rebuild in 2010.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

Sounds to me like you're already sold on the white one. And having a buffer is key. Its not a new truck. No warranty. And it doesn't matter how much stuff has been replaced, There's always going to be something else eventually. I say rock the white one.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Sounds to me like you're already sold on the white one. And having a buffer is key. Its not a new truck. No warranty. And it doesn't matter how much stuff has been replaced, There's always going to be something else eventually. I say rock the white one.
Haha im glad you agree, with a different tire and wheel that truck will look really good.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

For sure. And I hate it when I want to buy something and the seller won't negotiate. It's not a Faberge egg. It's a truck. There are literally millions to choose from. If the seller of the white one has given you a good price and you like the truck, AND you have money left over for after, you're good to go.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
For sure. And I hate it when I want to buy something and the seller won't negotiate. It's not a Faberge egg. It's a truck. There are literally millions to choose from. If the seller of the white one has given you a good price and you like the truck, AND you have money left over for after, you're good to go.
Yeah thats one thing with the white truck he has worked with me and come down a lot. It seems like he has taken all the preventive maintenance possible, you should see the tool box, should be called a parts box, he has every fluid in there, replacment belts filters, lights, gaskets. He really took care of the truck. It will get up and go even being stock, steering steers like my grandfathers charger, and brakes are brand new so they do there job. all it needs is a new ac condenser installed he already has the part. Ant the tranny fluid gasket but thats no big deal.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

That's it. The sense that the truck has been well looked after. That's what you want.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
That's it. The sense that the truck has been well looked after. That's what you want.
Yes it is! He was a mechanic in the army at ft. bragg and now mechanic at sears. To me showing that someone cared for the truck will make or break a deal.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I agree. Even better that he's a mech. If I were you, I would jump all over the white one while you can.