DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 4.7L Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RCSB Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:470
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

If it does turn a cel light on,i'd try the easiest thing first,and that would be moving the sensor out farther by stacking another fouler on the first one.
They're the cheapest thing to start with,changing tuners ain't cheap ,lol.

Now that you've drove it for a bit,what's your opinion on the power.
I know yesterday you said you thought it made a differance,but you've got a few more miles on the system now,does it still feel like it's gained anything.

I'm lazy,if it's creates more power,i might do mine,but it's gotta be worth the cost and the "holy crap it's more work then i thought" syndrome,done enough exhaust systems in my time to know they're labour intensive,lol
Rick
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2013, 04:23 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Well what sucks is if I ditch the superchips I lose a lot of power and the transmission tuning, to basically only gain the ability to delete the rear O2's. I had a diablo to compare and it was not even close to the SC, then I got a mail order tune with the diablo and couldn't tell a difference between it and the SC, so I went back to SC to be able to switch between different octane performance tunes, towing tune, and ability to adjust shift schedule and TM instead of only having two options (stock and one octane performance).

I already have two stacked, and stuffed them with steel wool(first time using the steel wool trick). I would have thought it would have come on by now if it was going to, but we'll see...

Honestly, I'd probably weld the cats back in before changing to the diablo tuner.

I still haven't really been on it hard, I've only driven twice(once at 3am with a truck load of tools) and then to work this morning. I'm trying to drive easy until I find/patch the leak I have. I did floor it one time this morning from about 10mph and it seems a little stronger. Hard to know if it's in my head as the tone and sound is different, you know. Obviously I'm not gaining 50hp or something from an exhaust especially when I already had a free flowing exhaust before. But seems better, probably from removing the cats. The rest it is pretty similar other than 2.25" to 2.5" pipes and deleting the cats.

I got the muffler for free from a member(thanks again). I also got a speeding ticket for more than the cost of the muffler on my way to meet him LOL. I spent about $300 on all the pipe, mandrel bends, hangers, clamps, etc. to do this. Not bad really, it's all 409 SS. I have one 4' straight section and one J bend left over but wanted to buy more, not come up short.

I'll try to take a video on my way home today to show the sound and acceleration. Prob not much faster if any, but more than anything I did this to have a clean rust free system that is easily removable and will last the life of the truck with no issues. I HATE the person that invented U bolt exhaust clamps. Band clamps FTW. Well worth the ~$8 per clamp.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.

Last edited by snrusnak; 12-02-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:04 PM

Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

Give it till about a 1,000 miles,if it hasn't turned a cel on by then,you'll be good to go.

I'm taking it the idea is to create a poor mans oxygen chamber if you're stuffing the foulers full of steel wool.

Sum-bitch if you're buying Torque Tite (band clamps) for 8 bucks,they are considerably cheaper south of the border.
I paid closer to 16 bucks a clamp for the 2.5" clamps,and almost 20 bucks for the 3" ones.
LOL,i agree on the u-bolt clamps
Old 12-02-2013, 10:06 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Yep ~$8/ea for 2.5" or 3" on summitracing.com. I bought everything on there, seem to have he best price. I think all or most of what I bought was dynomax brand. The clamps are summit brand. The hangers were pretty expensive for a 10 pack and I only used 1 or 2.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:25 PM

Here's a crappy video. phone doesn't pick it up really:

Old 12-02-2013, 11:51 PM

It sounds good.
After seeing this video,i remember'd seeing your other video on the Superchips,stumbled onto it awhile ago,didn't realize it was your video till tonight

LOL,i can see a differance in your trucks weight .
Going by the speedo i think my little regular cab shortbox weighing probably 700lbs less,is a hair quicker after 40mph,but i think down low,yours would take mine easily.
I'm just going by the speedo,but i'd say you get to 40 mph faster,so you're definitely generating a pile more grunt.
I might be going back to the single pipe in the spring.

That was a full throttle shift wasn't it?

Rick
Old 12-02-2013, 11:57 PM

Yea full throttle after about 10mph. I also have a high stall torque converter which slips more so I have less top end pull. Going to switch that back to stock soon. My truck does about low 7 seconds to 60mph. I also have heavy AT tires/wheels.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:55 AM

My 1 -2 shift i think is faster.
But i'll have to double check that in the spring,i'm going by a month old memory.

(Yea i know that ones wide open,lol).

Did Darkknight ever get his convertor sorted out?

I read where he was having cels come on with his first convertor.
Gotta admit,that made me think twice about maybe a 2600 stall convertor for mine.
Rick
Old 12-03-2013, 08:50 AM

Might be, but I doubt it as I have the tuner and I assume you're stock with a 2013? (not tuned). I have reduced TM with the SC and also decreased shift duration so it should decrease shift time.

Yeah he swapped it out a while ago, they sent him a new one and he sold it to another guy I know on here and he bought a different converter. Both are working out great for both of them. I lost a lot of top end, my truck actually isn't any faster, so I want to swap back to stock(better for towing).

Old 12-03-2013, 06:15 PM

I just watched the video again,i'm gonna have to pay more attention to mines shifting this spring.
But i'd swear i think mine makes the 1-2 shift quicker,but it's hard when your comparing a video to something you haven't drove in awhile

I've been kicking the idea of a 2600 stall convertor around for awhile now.
Don't think i'd go much higher then that,i've had 2800 and higher stall convertors before,and i don't care for the as i call it "soft pedal" feel,when you're leaving a light normally .

What's your convertor rated at,and what brand,it's probably in your 80 pg build thread,but i haven't got all the way through it yet.

There's some reading involved to get through your build thread,lol.

Have you had any problems with the convertor,other then a top-end loss.
Rick