DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2750
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Weird HID issue

I have 35W 6000k HID low with halogen high in the same bulb.
So turn truck on but not lights for running lights, pass side goes halogen, driver side flicks HID.
Low beam.. HID's works, driver side flicks off the odd side.
High beam- Passanger side goes halogen, driver side stays HID.

Anyone know whats wrong?. Thanks for the help guys.

EDit.. I do have a relay harness with a fuse. I also bought these from a shop in my city which was sopose to have a year warranty, but apparently went out of business. They are RTX HID's. Had them in since December 2012.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters

Last edited by Canadian Hemi Pride; 11-05-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Running Wide Open

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:988
Kamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
I have 35W 6000k HID low with halogen high in the same bulb.
So turn truck on but not lights for running lights, pass side goes halogen, driver side flicks HID.
Low beam.. HID's works, driver side flicks off the odd side.
High beam- Passanger side goes halogen, driver side stays HID.

Anyone know whats wrong?. Thanks for the help guys.

EDit.. I do have a relay harness with a fuse. I also bought these from a shop in my city which was sopose to have a year warranty, but apparently went out of business. They are RTX HID's. Had them in since December 2012.
Im not quite understanding what the bold part is saying and also the herness that this shop provided you how does it split to power your highs?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanhart View Post
Im not quite understanding what the bold part is saying and also the herness that this shop provided you how does it split to power your highs?
I really have to go over my grammer lol.. In Canada we have running lights, so if I turn my truck on and just use running lights instead of turning on my lows, the one light goes halogen and the other just flickers HID.

The second part is when driving the odd time, the driver side HID will shut off and usually just have to flick lights on and off 1-3 times and it comes back on.

The light are bi-exenon so they are meant to have hid Lows with a halogen high filament built into the bulb. Worked great at first lol. So the bulb has 2 filaments, HID and a little halogen in it which I never really used. I have backwired the bulb to see if the halogen would be burnt out but I managed to get it to light up on the driver side.. So it does work. Just not how it is sopose too.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Running Wide Open

Kamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to behold

well judging by what you are saying it sounds like you either have a ballast going bad which is causing your flickering, or possibly just a grounding issue. i would check all of your grounds first take them off clean both mating surfaces up and apply a little bit of dielectric grease and see if that helps the problem. if not that switch the ballasts side for side to see if the problem moves with the ballast. if not it is in your relay harness somewhere and that is a whole nother box of worms
Old 11-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
well judging by what you are saying it sounds like you either have a ballast going bad which is causing your flickering, or possibly just a grounding issue. i would check all of your grounds first take them off clean both mating surfaces up and apply a little bit of dielectric grease and see if that helps the problem. if not that switch the ballasts side for side to see if the problem moves with the ballast. if not it is in your relay harness somewhere and that is a whole nother box of worms
Hopefully it is just a ground.. Changing ballasts will be hell. Driver side has my aftermarket alarm horn blocking it and then passanger side has my S&B in the way.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Running Wide Open

Quote:
Hopefully it is just a ground.. Changing ballasts will be hell. Driver side has my aftermarket alarm horn blocking it and then passanger side has my S&B in the way.
I feel your pain man i dont have the alarm but the S&B makes it real fun
but grounding issues will make some goofy stuff happen, i had one get weird 2 weekends ago my brights wouldnt turn on and if i went to hold the switch on it would kill the lights completely but only when the brights were on and it all boiled down to one ground had an issue i hope that will do it for you
Old 11-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
I feel your pain man i dont have the alarm but the S&B makes it real fun
but grounding issues will make some goofy stuff happen, i had one get weird 2 weekends ago my brights wouldnt turn on and if i went to hold the switch on it would kill the lights completely but only when the brights were on and it all boiled down to one ground had an issue i hope that will do it for you
I'm praying lol.. Will check tomorrow seeing I got class from 8-8 lol then 2 midterms tomorrow.. ahhh.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Running Wide Open

Quote:
I'm praying lol.. Will check tomorrow seeing I got class from 8-8 lol then 2 midterms tomorrow.. ahhh.
Ouch man that is rough keep us informed though deff wanna get that straightened out for you
Old 11-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Ouch man that is rough keep us informed though deff wanna get that straightened out for you
Oh I will be on it the moment I get a chance. Damn midterms and tests and projects. These profs really need to learn how to spread out stuff when its all for the same program lol.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Oh ya another thing. I have resistors at home, never installed them yet, but I bought them just in case. Would installing these help.. I think they are 50W 6 Ohms.