DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram sport quad cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:52
chumley will become famous soon enough

Wow, first I wanna start off again by saying how much I love this forumz thing. You guys are all awesome an very helpful. I started it a couple yrs ago but never used it, I think I'm hooked now tho

So I think I came to the decision on buying a S&B CAI, the two questions I have are, " is this something a guy who knows how to use a wrench can install himself?" And "what type should I go with, there are two filter types from my understanding" I basically wanna keep the same idea of the stock, no extra maintanence...

And to reply to EXOASTIE, I have cut out the stock muffler and put in a 40s flow master. I was amazed how cheap of a mod that one was and man what I nice sound! And thanks for the info on that warranty, I'm definitely looking into that...

And for HUNTERGREEN, spray in Boxliner was my #1 priority when I bought the truck, has a great look an won't rust out like the tailgate in my 07 did lol and I just purchased the tonneau couple weeks ago, what a time I had finding a outfitter in Edmonton AB that could get me one that fits with my toolbox on the bed rail, $540 later an it's on.
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1034
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley View Post
Wow, first I wanna start off again by saying how much I love this forumz thing. You guys are all awesome an very helpful. I started it a couple yrs ago but never used it, I think I'm hooked now tho

So I think I came to the decision on buying a S&B CAI, the two questions I have are, " is this something a guy who knows how to use a wrench can install himself?" And "what type should I go with, there are two filter types from my understanding" I basically wanna keep the same idea of the stock, no extra maintanence...

And to reply to EXOASTIE, I have cut out the stock muffler and put in a 40s flow master. I was amazed how cheap of a mod that one was and man what I nice sound! And thanks for the info on that warranty, I'm definitely looking into that...

And for HUNTERGREEN, spray in Boxliner was my #1 priority when I bought the truck, has a great look an won't rust out like the tailgate in my 07 did lol and I just purchased the tonneau couple weeks ago, what a time I had finding a outfitter in Edmonton AB that could get me one that fits with my toolbox on the bed rail, $540 later an it's on.
Yes sir it is absolutely an install that i think anyone can do, the directions that are provided with the intake are fantastic and step by step in color with great pictures.

As for the maintenance the question the only difference is if you want to just throw away the old filter and put a new one on it you should get the dry filter, but if you have no problem reusing the filter and reoiling it yourself i would get the oiled filter
Old 11-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

aren't tuners released for 2013 hemis now?

within your price range, and would be an excellent investment I think.
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
aren't tuners released for 2013 hemis now?

within your price range, and would be an excellent investment I think.
Yea tuners are released now.. As of this week or last lol.

The S&B is amazing quality and very easy to install. I had never instralled an afrermarket intake and just went over the instructions a few times and followed and double checked everything, and it all went in perfect. The hardest part was dealing with my HID ballast hanging in the way, but got that figured out too.

I am currently running the dry filter, but ordered a reusable filter yesterday with a recharge kit to give it a try. Grubrunner has excellent reviews on the S&B right here And also about the dry vs reusable. He helped me greatly with my choice of intakes and recently about the choice to go with the reusable filter... His reason for re-usable can be found here

I know how people say that CAI don't do anything. But Since I got the truck I kept track of KM per tank with every different octane when it was bone stock to current. I did notice an improvement in fuel milage by about 50-70KM per tank contantly after the intake install. Noticed even more after my tuner too. The S&B is amazing quality and the company has amazing customer service. After ordering my filter a worker emailed me and discussed how the vancouver warehouse was out of stock but could have it there by tues-wed next week and that if I was alright with waiting it will be cheaper shipping and faster then me getting it from the California location and apologized for the error. They also have insanely fast shipping for ups ground. Most stuff is deliviered cross country within a week.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 11-05-2013, 04:19 PM

Ok guys, so here's the thing. I now have the permission to get the CAI, got the bills paid so Xmas comes early for me

I want the S&B but I live in Edmonton AB and nobody can order them in... My other option is Airaid and few others, but reading reviews I'm gonna go with airaid an it's about $480-520 depending who I get to order it.

Now, if someone out there can help me in the nxt couple of hours find a way I can get ahold of the S&B on my own, before I break an go with airaid because I'm like a kid with toys n can't wait to get a new one lol anyone out there order there own mods an get them delivered to there door or should I just go with the airaid n have a shop order it for me???
Old 11-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

can't bullysperformance here on the forum get the S&B for you?
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ok guys, so here's the thing. I now have the permission to get the CAI, got the bills paid so Xmas comes early for me

I want the S&B but I live in Edmonton AB and nobody can order them in... My other option is Airaid and few others, but reading reviews I'm gonna go with airaid an it's about $480-520 depending who I get to order it.

Now, if someone out there can help me in the nxt couple of hours find a way I can get ahold of the S&B on my own, before I break an go with airaid because I'm like a kid with toys n can't wait to get a new one lol anyone out there order there own mods an get them delivered to there door or should I just go with the airaid n have a shop order it for me???
Honestly, don't get an Airaid. They are extremely loud, to the point where it's obnoxious. I had one in my 1500 and was ready to take it out because it resonated so much. Plus the design of it is not near as good as an S&B. Email the guys at Bully's Performance (sales@bullysperformance.com). I know they were trying to get in with S&B a couple months ago, not sure if they have yet or not. Otherwise do some more looking online. You'll definitely be able to find a place that can ship to Canada or that might even have them in stock in Canada.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 11-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Have you tried ordering directly from S&B.. I ordered mine from there and it came to Hamilton Ontario no problem. HERE is there site.

I have not heard anything new about bully's getting S&B. Andrew told me few months back that they were trying and heard one update about them working on it, but nothing confirmed.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:38 PM

I just emailed them, hope they get back to me soon, I'll keep you guys posted! Thanks again... I'm still playing around and figuring out this forum, so if I wanna order my own parts I can do it here??? If so, man this site gets more addicting everyday
Old 11-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
I just emailed them, hope they get back to me soon, I'll keep you guys posted! Thanks again... I'm still playing around and figuring out this forum, so if I wanna order my own parts I can do it here??? If so, man this site gets more addicting everyday
If you wanna order an S&B, you gotta order from their site. Bully's is a major vendor here and you can purchase almost anything through them and they offer a discount for being a member of the Z.. Have had a great experience with them in the past.