DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:114
Kuzikan2010 will become famous soon enoughKuzikan2010 will become famous soon enough
Default Fitting 22x14's...HELP

I own a 2010 Dodge SLT 4x4. I'm looking to see what it would take to fit 22x14 w/ -76 offset on Toyo Open Country M/T's 37x13.50/22. Right now I plan on getting the BDS 6'' kit w/ a Zone 1.5'' body lift, would that be enough to properly clear the x14's? I know they are wide so clearing them is essential. Would I need more than just 7.5''(6'' BDS + 1.5" Zone) to clear them?

2nd question
Will the M/T's 37x13.50x22's actually fit on the x14's? I don't want the ballooned look on the tires, if they are stretched what would fit better? I'm not really a tire guru.

Thanks
Old 10-18-2013, 12:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:1056
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

The tire will fit the rim. It will look like this..

Old 10-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

In terms of clearance, you'll have an inch and a quarter more than stock 20x9 rims w stock 275/60/20 tires on the inside. The new tires will sit about six inches further out on the outside.
The new tire circumference is 4" bigger than stock 275/60/20. Only half of that is above the hub. So you'll clear w that lift nicely.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

But make sure you have the gear ratio to push those tires. If, like me, you're running 3.55 gear ratio, the most you'll want to run is a 35" tire. Here's to hoping you have 3.92 gears.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Rep:114
Kuzikan2010 will become famous soon enoughKuzikan2010 will become famous soon enough

LowUFO,
Thanks for the help. I tried doing all the conversions in my head and well, that's why I posted on here. Thanks a lot! That wheel doesn't look too bad, kinda wanted a more square/flush look but that's not bad at all.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Then maybe look at a 22 x 10 or 22 x 12 rim. Then the tire won't be as stretched and it will square off better.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:29 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Generally I do not recommend running a wheel that is wider than the tire, most who run 13.50's will run a 10" wide or 12" wide wheel, if you are looking into a 22x14 I would be much more comfortable advising you to run a 15.50" wide tire, with that said you are going to for sure need to go up a little higher or do some trimming to have clearance at full lock, a 13.50 you should have no issues with the lift you are wanting to do.

If you have not yet decided where you are buying your wheels/tires/lift reach out to us we have some of the best discounts for our fellow forum members, and some very steep discounts on BDS you will not find a shop selling it for less. We can have everything delivered to your door all you have to do is have it put on, and our wheels and tires come mounted/balances/ w/TPMS installed if you need them so all you have to do is take your old ones off and put the new ones on

Let us know how you come out and once you get it all done be sure to post up some pics

Thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 10-19-2013, 04:32 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowUFO View Post
The tire will fit the rim. It will look like this..

those are some pricey wheels right their, just quoted a guy for some American Force Bravo's at almost over 1k per wheel, they are very nice, but very pricey too, the quality is top notch though, and you do not see them every day so they are eye catchers for sure!

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:512
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Im no help at all for the fitment part... but i can help for motivation!!

I seen a 4th gen 2500 lifted up with that stance...needless to say i had to go home and change my britches...lol
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s, Sundown SA8v2, Kicker ZX750.1,BT 964SP, Smoked Tails, 'Dipped 22" Boss 329 on Falken 305/40s, and some LEDs...

RIP- 06 Ram NightRunner QC
Old 10-19-2013, 05:39 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnu View Post
Im no help at all for the fitment part... but i can help for motivation!!

I seen a 4th gen 2500 lifted up with that stance...needless to say i had to go home and change my britches...lol
those 2500's with the 20x14 -76 wheel are sexy! here is a couple pics that popped up in conversation over on the ChargerforumZ that has been going all day you can check out the thread here http://chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=159517&page=3

Thanks
Jeremiah