DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:158
chuck2417 has a spectacular aura aboutchuck2417 has a spectacular aura about
Default HID Questions (Projectors)

So I am thinking about taking the chance and installing some HID's in the projectors on my 2013 Sport. I am extremly worried because the wiring from the instructions I have seen are very complicated and I have seen many threads on Flickering, blub out error etc. I am hoping for something straight forward with plug and play. Just a heads up, if you use promo code "Dodge" you get 10% discount. Tried it today and it still works. I haven't ordered as I am waiting on information from another company on their HID kit (GTR Lighting). Was hoping to get some advice from people who have installed HID's in their 2013 projectors successfully and haven't had any issues. I'm considering 35W 6000K kit.

Response from Retro Solutions;
Thank you for your inquiry. We will be happy to help you out with getting the correct kit for your vehicle. Our kits include everything for your specific vehicle to function properly so you will not get flickering or bulb out warning lights for example. Also, with the projector type lamps, the projectors handle low and high functions where there is a separate bulb for your daytime running lamps.

Here are the links and selections for what you will need for your particular vehicle application:
Head Lamps
35w DIGITAL headlight kits:
http://****************.net/product- _HID_KIT-pid663.html

-OR-

55w DIGITAL headlight kits (30%-40% more output):
http://****************.net/product-info.php?55W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid664.html
Please select "9012/HIR2" for low beams, the color of your choice (see below) and for vehicle application, "Dodge Ram 2013+." No bulb capping is required for this application.

Fog Lamps
35w DIGITAL fog lights:
http://****************.net/product-info.php?35W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid748.html
-OR-

55w DIGITAL fog lights (30%-40% more output):
http://****************.net/product-info.php?55W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid746.html
Please select "9006/HB4" for fitment, the color of your choice, and "Dodge Ram 2013+" for application. Here we would suggest the bulb capping service as the factory fog lamp housings do not have built in bulb covers.
35w lumen
55w lumen
color description
yellowish-white
warm white
cool white
noticeable blue hue
30% blue to 70% white<Bulbcolorlistdigital_1.jpg>

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2013, 01:34 PM

Also, I am in Canada so I have daytime running lights that need to continue to work (LEDs).
Old 10-16-2013, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Retrosolutions has great kits, I have installed a ton of them, never got any back or any defects. 55w, 5000k is your best bet, if you want a little tinge of blue go 6000k. get a complete kit with the wire harness that's made for your truck, no chance of screwing up your TIPM. install is easy, you can look at there FAQ's for more info on the install.

Check the other threads in this section you will find tons on information on this subject.

http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78
Old 10-16-2013, 02:04 PM

The daytime running lights are the LED's correct? the high beams are the bulbs beside the projectors? Also what's tha major difference between 55w and 35w? Will bulbs burn out faster with 55w?
Old 10-16-2013, 02:41 PM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck2417 View Post
The daytime running lights are the LED's correct? the high beams are the bulbs beside the projectors? Also what's tha major difference between 55w and 35w? Will bulbs burn out faster with 55w?
Low beams are inside the projectors, the high beams are on the outside of the projectors, daylights are the led's in canada If I am not mistaken, All you need is a kit with wire harness for the low beams that are your projectors, you might want to get a kit for your fog lights if you have some, I would go 35watt for the fogs since they are not projectors and 55watt will cause flaring to on-coming traffic.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:24 PM

I was going to leave the fog lights as is for now. Maybe upgrade the bulbs to the Silvania ZXE blubs in the future. I get confused easily so too many wires I won't be able to keep it straight. The 55w kit in the projectors, I assume more light output, but what are the downsides to the 55w kit?
Old 10-16-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
I was going to leave the fog lights as is for now. Maybe upgrade the bulbs to the Silvania ZXE blubs in the future. I get confused easily so too many wires I won't be able to keep it straight. The 55w kit in the projectors, I assume more light output, but what are the downsides to the 55w kit?
in projectors I cannot think of any, if it was standard reflectors then you would get some flaring. JMO, I have been running 55watt kits in my Grand cherokee for 3 years and the ram for almost 2, would not go with anything else, JMO
Old 10-16-2013, 05:19 PM

Thank you. Also found 2 other kits. Seems like the one from HR is the simplest and easiest to install. Doesn't require any extra wires or harnesses? Perhaps I am missing something?

Headlight Revolution (HR):
http://www.headlightrevolution.com/2...oj-low-hid.htm

Retro Shop US
http://shop.*************/ProductDet...4G%2E13%2EHIDs

The kits from Retro Shop and Retro solutions are about the same price. The kit from HR seems to be the most expensive but the most straight forward install. Anyone tried any of the above with success or faults?
Old 10-16-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Thank you. Also found 2 other kits. Seems like the one from HR is the simplest and easiest to install. Doesn't require any extra wires or harnesses? Perhaps I am missing something?

Headlight Revolution (HR):
http://www.headlightrevolution.com/2...oj-low-hid.htm

Retro Shop US
http://shop.*************/ProductDet...4G%2E13%2EHIDs

The kits from Retro Shop and Retro solutions are about the same price. The kit from HR seems to be the most expensive but the most straight forward install. Anyone tried any of the above with success or faults?
The Canbus will work and they are plug and play, but thats up to you, if your are willing to take the chance with Canbus ballasts thats your prerogative, I will not run a canbus kit as I explained why earlier, I run wire harness. JMO
Old 10-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Rep:60
ScoMo will become famous soon enough

I just installed a low beam 55w 5000k and fog 35w 5000k kit from retro on my 2013 laramie with projectors. They installed flawlessly and look great. No issues so far.