DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone use Spec-D headlights?

So in my search for new headlights I cam across these Spec-d headlights on Autoanything and they are a good price.. I am looking at the black projector ones for my Ram.. Just wanted to know if anyone has used these before and what was the verdict? I already know that I will have to seal them because online headlights always leak apparently... Here is the link..
http://www.autoanything.com/lights/spec-d-headlights
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Man Up And Cam Up

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:1029
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

My roommate has had the F150 version of them on his truck for about 3 months now and the only complaints he has is the low beam projector output, which could be fixed i think with a better bulb but he has had no leaks and loves them otherwise
Old 10-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanhart View Post
My roommate has had the F150 version of them on his truck for about 3 months now and the only complaints he has is the low beam projector output, which could be fixed i think with a better bulb but he has had no leaks and loves them otherwise
Well I won't have a problem with that as I do run HID's and plan to keep doing it... Do projectors use the same bulbs as the halogen style?
Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Man Up And Cam Up

Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

i will not speak for all of them but no his ford oem housings are h13/9008 and the hid bulbs in his Spec d are an H1 bulb you might have to pick up an adapter for your existing ballasts but theretrofitsource carries about any possible combo you would need
Old 10-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
i will not speak for all of them but no his ford oem housings are h13/9008 and the hid bulbs in his Spec d are an H1 bulb you might have to pick up an adapter for your existing ballasts but theretrofitsource carries about any possible combo you would need
Well I am planning on ripping out my 35W kit and getting some 8000k 55W's soon installed at a good shop near my house.. My bud got everything needed, with install for 160 and if they install they offer warranty and even replace for it .. I've done it myself and my HID's ballast and even bulbs are just a bitch to get to because my alarm system horn has to be removed to even get your hand down near the driver side bulb, or remove the whole headlight.. And my passenger side light has to come right out because of my S&B intake being massive ... Let someone else deal with the pain.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Man Up And Cam Up

i feel your pain man, i dont blame you letting someone else mess with it , i just finished my customs and i dont know how many times i had them in and out of the truck it was a massive PITA and for that price i dont see how you can go wrong
Old 10-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
i feel your pain man, i dont blame you letting someone else mess with it , i just finished my customs and i dont know how many times i had them in and out of the truck it was a massive PITA and for that price i dont see how you can go wrong
Thank god the only problem I have had with my HID's is the halogen high beam/ running light.. If I don't turn my lights on.. My passanger goes halogen and driver side just flickers away.. And then when I turn on high beams the passanger side goes halogen but driver side stays HID.. Damn 35W lol.. Then the odd time the driver side HID will flick off when its cold outside.. mainly when moving from stop to go.. I think the ground may be bad or it is just a ballast on its way out.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Man Up And Cam Up

who did you buy your kit from? and that sounds like a start to a massive headache to me haha i can 100% see why you want to transition to having a warranty and someone else mess with it
Old 10-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
who did you buy your kit from? and that sounds like a start to a massive headache to me haha i can 100% see why you want to transition to having a warranty and someone else mess with it
A sketchy shop downtown in my city where my bud got his and I bought on inpulse one day for like 100 bucks cash.. I installed them at the beginning of January and they have held up this far.. Sopose to have 1 year warranty but everytime I go down the shop is always closed with a note saying they are off doing service work for dealerships (common around here with dealerships bringing in aftermarket stores to put on running boards, bed covers, box liners and such). Will try going down in a few days and see if I can figure er out.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Man Up And Cam Up

dang man well for 100 bucks you arent out a whole lot a suppose besides the inclement headaches and if your GF is anything like my the countless "i told you so" but best of luck and im looking forward to picture updates of anything you get installed it will for sure make your already sweet truck look even more so bad ass