DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: pink
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
imazman is on a distinguished road

I forgot to get my head examined
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2013, 03:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:69
The Hemster will become famous soon enough

Always hated Dodge. Grew up with a GM dad. First Chevy was a 2003 Trail Blazer. Piece of crap! Last two trucks were Toyotas. I was gonna buy a Chevy Camaro when the new ones came out, but the interior was just stupid. I test drove the Challenger, loved everything about it. When it was time to get a new truck I test drove the F150, Tacoma, new Tundra and Ram. Ram won me over.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Red Esprit is on a distinguished road

I was looking for an inexpensive truck to tow my periodic project cars. Working on a Lotus Turbo Esprit now. The dealer had a white 2013 Express single cab with with the RamBox option, 20 inch chrome wheels and tow mirrors on the lot. Couldn't beat the $23,200 price. Looked at Ford, GMC, and Chevy and they simply don't play in that price range when it comes to tow capability, looks, etc. Put some N-Fabs on it today and probably upgarde to some Katzkin leather along with a bed cover. Perfect truck for my needs at a drop dead great price.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:52 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Big Horn Quad
Color: deep cherry Red
fireman21 is on a distinguished road

my first car was a 91 cougar with a 5.0 ho in it...timing chain went so i got rid of it. wanted a truck but was given a 02 taurus...pos couldnt even get out of its own way to get on highway and was terrible in snow...traded in for the only thing i could afford which was a 04 buick rendezvous fwd....what another pos...regretted that decision from time i went off lot with it. got rid of it as it too was terrible in snow.

I helped a buddy of mine out so the first truck i ever had was an 89 full size blazer with a 350 in it. I loved that thing, put in a new 350 motor that i just so happened to find at a junk yard my buddy owns...and yes it truly was brand new. ran it for a few years, 3" body and 4" brand new rough country new spring lift kit under it and took it wheeling, beat the heck out of it and loved that beast. but body was falling apart. rusted out at every bolt, then the trans went. wasnt dumping anymore money into it so i went looking.

to craigslist i went and found my first "real truck" in an 02 ram 1500 5.9l magnum 4x4 quad cab slt with 295/70r17 terra grapplers, true dual exhaust, bed cap. all decked out...guy hit remote start when i was walking up driveway and i fell in love lol. truck had 210k on it all highway miles and it ran like a top. no noise, no nothing. this thing was beautiful inside and out, guy took really good care of it. I bought it for 4500 bucks which at the time it was still worth over 8k on kbb..

starting around mid june my awesome truck had been starting to have more and more problems, defrost went, then front hubs were making noise, front end shimmy, front drive shaft cv joint worn out, intermediate shaft on front diff worn out, list goes on and on, lots of rust..i started noticing that it was gradually taking longer and longer to get going in am and trying to take off took more and more gas. which btw i was only getting 10 at the most per gal anyway. so back in the end of august i had officially had my ram for 3 years and the trans really started slipping so i off to dealer i went...they dropped pan found chunks of metal all over bottom...walked up front and started looking.

the first dealer i looked as were ignorant and when they tried to put me in a demo truck with 1500 miles on it and i turned them down they started giving me lip and cursing at me so i walked out. I work for a company that owns a ford dealer and a toyota dealer, went and looked at both because of the discounts i get and even with that, to match in specs and options that the ram has it would have to bet at 12k more for the truck to start atleast. and with the discount they still couldnt touch price i got my new ram for. so i went to another ram dealer, picked up my cherry red hemi 8spd big horn quad cab 4x4 8.4a for a hair over 32k out door...i love the truck in ever way, ive got 1600 miles on it in a month and it has been awesome. I couldnt beat the deal i got or the comfort i got when i bought this truck. I wouldnt change my purchase decision for anything in the world.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram sxt qc 4x4
Color: Grey
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
cliffkar is on a distinguished road

I was always a ford guy .But in 96 was shopping for a new truck and ford body style sucked and I liked what dodge had done with theirs, Tried out a 2500hd and liked it.The local dealer was way out there on price, I contacted a dealer four hours away and his price was right. So first dodge was a 96 ram 2500hd V10 excab 4x4, this truck was atreat to take out on the hwy. and sit back and go. Since then a 2003 Dakota that my son has and now my 13 ram 1500 4x4. And never look back.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:52 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black
countryboyloaded is on a distinguished road

Why did I go with Ram? Hmm... Where to start? I love dodges and Mopar is in my blood. I've always had a ram just like my dad and and my grandfather before him. My first truck was an 01 1500 sport 4x4 that I saved up and paid cash for. I later put a 6" lift and 35s on it and it was a HOSS! I loved that truck and to this day I regret not keeping it to use in the woods. When the 4th gens came out and I saw a black sport it was love at first sight! I was fresh out of high school and knew I couldn't afford one but I told myself I would own one just like that one day. A couple years later I got a pretty good job and went to the dealership for a new truck. The Lord had answered my prayers and they ram had came out with the Express. Inexpensive but still as beautiful as the Sport that I had liked so much! I test drove it and all the power that the 5.7 Hemi had was just the cherry on top! About a month ago I was able to trade it in and get the Laramie Longhorn and I also love it. It is my hope that I will one day be the proud owner of a 2500 Cummins Laramie Longhorn. That is my dream truck.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Prairie Pearlcoat
Elvis51178 is on a distinguished road

This is an easy one...395HP!
You gotta love that Hemi
Old 09-29-2013, 11:33 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram SLT
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:18
RamOnTheHill is on a distinguished road

My first truck was a new '87 Chevy S10, extended cab. Loved the truck, but had to sell it in 2001 when we moved into a new house with a 4x4 winter driveway (spent the first winter walking up that steep 500' driveway way too many times!). Bought an '01 Silverado with an extended cab, had many more mechanical issues than the S10 -- two head gaskets, wheel bearings, power window, fuel pump -- most in the first 70K miles. Gave up this year with 102K on it when the body started to rust through.
We now live in a smallish town that boasts one new car dealer -- went there first, liked what I saw, and came home with a quad cab Big Horn. (Others are all within about 15 miles, but I can just about walk home from the service center, and they pay taxes to our town).

Only serious issues with the 8.4A is the mute problem -- solved by leaving the volume at 1 instead of muting. Coming up on three months and about 2500 miles and the only other issue I can find is a door latch that needs adjusting.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:12 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:159
CaptDuff has a spectacular aura aboutCaptDuff has a spectacular aura about

1st car was a late 80something Buick Skylark, ran that for a few years in high school until I wanted a truck. Of course I wanted a Ram at this point since I absolutely fell in love with the 2nd Gen Ram, especially when the movie Twister came out. But being in high school and only really working during the summer, went up to a 95 Chevy S-10.

Finally though, while cruising a local Chevy dealer, there sat my 01 Ram QC Sport 4x4 and fell ever more in love with the 2nd Gen. This was my only vehicle until gas prices shot through the roof, so bought a 08 Saturn Aura as a work commuter.

Finally very early this year, my 01 Ram started showing her age, pretty much something broke every time I went on a trip, which was kinda sad with only 73xxx miles on her. And the 4th Gens I fell in love with just as much as the 2nd Gen. But I was waiting for Ram to change the stupid cruise controls on the early 4th Gens. Really didn't like that little arm hanging down from the column.

So between a nice raise at work and some great financing options, finally got my 13 Ram. No problems so far in the 1700 miles on her, and installed almost all the goodies I want. Hoping to have a nice long run with this truck.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Express
Color: White
Rep:99
zero will become famous soon enough

Took a job with local Parks Dept. out of High school in 1982. All the trucks were Dodge and we abused them like you would not believe. When I left that job to start a construction biz it has been Dodge for me ever since. I have owned at least one model from every decade since. We abuse them daily. Always run them over 200,000 mi. Had a 97 that we had to put a padlock hinge on to keep the driver's door closed. That one nearly hit 300,000 before I sold it to a kid for 500 bucks still running strong and full of dents, spilled paints, and enough scratches to turn you stomach. Just bought another new one couple weeks ago (traded an '05 1500 w/255k mi.) and happy to abuse this one too.

ETA: I am not saying other brands would have performed worse, I just use Dodge because I haven't found a reason not to for 30 years.

Last edited by zero; 09-30-2013 at 12:38 AM.