DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear all the issues you are having.
I too do not agree with the subject line, but can understand why you have it as that and all the issues you are having would have me furious as well.
Id like to know what the dealer/Chrysler will do for you
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
craigsredram will become famous soon enough

As far as the key getting stuck when you turn it off. Its happened to me a few times. Simple fix. Make sure the console shifter is resting when you put it in park and then turn the key to the accessory to release the key lock, sometimes the lever would get stuck pulled toward the steering wheel.

I hope your dealership can sort out all of your other issues. I wouldn't call it a lemon, it has some issues that need to be sorted out. A lemon is when your car leaves you stranded at a Six Flags parking lot and the car won't do anything and it has to be skull dragged onto the tow truck like my Chevy I had.

Last edited by craigsredram; 09-04-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:10
quest is on a distinguished road
Default Water leak

It would seem all the trucks have some issues.. Mine had a water leak after 4 days. The dealer was nice and applied a blob of silicone on the windshield. The mats and passenger side were totally soaked and they let it dry... Nice to purchase a 50K truck that has issues.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:13 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:26
toober is on a distinguished road

My 2013 tradesman has only needed the radio replaced twice since I got it two months ago. The check engine light they can check while your truck is in the service line you drive into and they can tell you what it is indicating. Maybe you have a fuel sensor that is bad and that one item is causing two of your issues. I agree that there should be stricter consumer product laws. Companies need to honor their product with quick resolution or not sell it.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:44 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie Limited
Trim Level: Limited
Rep:42
Alter Ego Trip is on a distinguished road

That's a bummer. I can understand your frustration. Other than some typical qc issues, the truck performed flawlessly.

I only have about 500 miles on my new 13, but so far so good. Only weird thing is; I swear my 13 is noisier inside than my 11.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:23 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:19
CowboyZ51 is on a distinguished road

ive had mine since Dec '2012 and it has 8k miles. really hasn't been any issues as far as things not working or breaking. the doors are starting to squeak a bit even after white lithium grease, but other then that and poor fuel mileage, i have no complaints
Old 09-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram 2500
Trim Level: tradesman
Color: silver
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
lukeott is on a distinguished road
Default ????

I would think with having more options there could be more thing to go wrong. That's my thought on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDusty View Post
I disagree with your title but can understand why you feel this way. I have only owned my 2013 for about 3 weeks now and have had only 1 problem and that is that sometimes my preset Sirus stations disappear but a quick turn off and back on and all is right in the world.

I see you bought the Tradesman model, I have the laramie longhorn perhaps there are two distinct quality control procedures one for top of the line and one for entry level vehicles?????

That is my only problem and that I am not getting 25 mpg as they advertise but it has only 1100 miles on it so far.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:42 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Luke. And I can see your frustration in the title. Count to ten and give the dealership a chance to make it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrex View Post
Sorry for your troubles. Makes my old 2005 look better and better. Almost 200,000 miles, nary a problem. Every time I see a new Ram, I'll look straight ahead, kinda like when you're walking with your wife and see a woman with great cleavage.

Yeah, I have to do that too. I'd love some new cleavage, er... um a new Ram, but my 05 has run like a champion and treated me so good. She's got a lot of life left in her (the Ram, too) so I'd hate to give up all that life and take on another truck payment.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the Rams have a spring loaded flapper in the gas tank fill tube
with my '09, i also forget to push the gas pump nozzle far enough in to open that flapper sometimes, gas all over the paint job
I was recently at a station where the nozzle was really curved, i couldn't seem to get it down into the tube far enough, i ended up having to pivot the nozzle a quarter turn, push in, then rotate the nozzle back to a more normal position to pump gas

my Ram won't let me remove the key, if the floor console shifter is not fully in Park, in fact a notice comes up on my EVIC
When Parking on a hill, i shift into PARK & before taking my foot off of the Brake Pedal, i set the Parking Brake. That relieves any pressure on the transmission Parking Pawl.
It may not seem to do anything, UNTIL you go to shift it out of Park when you are ready to take off again. The shift from Park to any other gear goes smoothly, you don't get forceful arm movement, then a bang & a harsh lurch
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 09-04-2013, 06:08 PM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:500
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

OP its unfortunate that you got a lemon. I did not, and neither did a lot of other members with 2013s. Please do not let your frustration cause you to make patently false blanket statements like the title of this post.