All the planets aligned today. It was a day off and it finally stopped snowing, raining, and the temp is above 40. Mod season has begun. The wind shifted and it started to rain at the end but I got it done.
Today I put The Punisher emblems on. Even though they came with an adhesive applied to them I used 3M two sided tape to make sure I can remove them if I needed to. I don't think they will survive removal as they are not hard plastic.
The front Ram head emblem was harder to remover but easier to clean the surface. The tailgate emblem was easy to remove but harder to clean the surface. The front emblem had a small piece of tape in the dead center that I didn't know was there until 10 minutes into trying to take it off. There are four tabs in the back and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't come off after I got them all pressed in. I finally got a trim removal tool and slowly pried the emblem off. That is when I saw the tape. I used my finger nail to get the residue off.
The tailgate Ram emblem was a different story. I sprayed a little Turtlewax Label Remover in the top of the emblem to loosen it up. I used the trim tool again just to pry the top off a little. Then I noticed the adhesive was a 1/4 inch thick. I used the tool to pry the emblem off resting it on the adhesive and not the paint. It came off with most of the adhesive. there was about an inch wide strip at the top I needed the Turtlewax for. Then I just used that and the nail on my thumb to get the stuff off.
I think the factory guys get out some frustration on the parts that are usually covered. The scratches in the paint under the emblem are not from me. I went in from the left side.