DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1969
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Thats sucks about the tuner man, all the time you put in for that annoying thing to happen.. But shit happens sometiimes.

And damn you on holding back the pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
At least you found this out BEFORE you installed everything else and made it to where you needed the tuner to drive your truck.

One small problem avoided a much bigger headache.

Note to self... Install tuner first... then other parts later.
Ya definitely sucks but as Arth said, definitely a good thing that I found out now rather than later when I actually delete it. It really would have sucked if I would have been set to install everything and then find out the tuner was no good. That would have made me beyond pissed. lol.

Haha, well I can't show pics of something that's no complete. The overhead mount just looks so bare and wrong without the tuner in it. I'll tell you what... I'll let you see the little video I took to send to H&S showing what the tuner is doing. It gives a bit of an idea at least. On the video the tuner isn't sitting up in the mount properly, that's why it looks a little funny.

Yes Arth I'll definitely be making sure the tuner and custom tunes are all working before I install the EGR delete and exhaust. As soon as I get the tuner back from H&S I'll put it in as a gauge monitor so I'll be able to make sure that side of it is working.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Sponsored links
Old 11-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future
Default A few new updates and pictures of the truck

After the issue with the MiniMaxx last weekend I had a few things to deal with during the week. I called H&S Monday morning and let them know what was going on with the tuner. Right away they agreed that it was most likely a faulty tuner. They agreed to send me out a new one with a packing slip enclosed for me to ship out the faulty one. I was pretty happy with that. It arrived Friday already so I went down, picked it up and plugged it in to see if it would work. At first there was a bit of an issue with the SD card. It wouldn't accept the SD card from that faulty tuner that has my custom tunes on it. So I put the new one that came with it in and then it started up no problem. Everything works 100% so I boxed up the old one and shipped it out.

Then the next issue I ran in to... which is 100% my own fault and not a big deal. But it was kind of funny once I realized what I did. To install the ignition wire that powers on the MiniMaxx I didn't want to run a wire up to the fuse box. First of all I think that's a pretty dumb way to install it and I hate the idea of that messy install of having a wiring running into the fuse box like that. So it got under the dash with a test light to see what had keyed power and would stay on when the engine cranked. Didn't take long and I found one on the brake pedal switch. Used a wire tap and got power no problem. Well it wasn't until I plugged in the new MiniMaxx and started driving until I noticed that the tuner shut off every time I hit the brakes. Right away I knew exactly what I did. There were two wires with keyed power on the brake switch. One is a feed and one turns off when you hit the pedal which must trip a relay to turn on the brake lights. I obviously hooked it up to the wrong one So I felt kind of stupid but at least it was a super easy fix to get it working.

The install of the rest of the MiniMaxx stuff was fairly straight forward. Running the HDMI cable up to the overhead mount was no issue at all. The hardest part was getting the slack in the wiring going to the rear view mirror in order to get the overhead mount in the right spot. I had to drop the front of the headliner in order to get it done right. The other issue I had was the overhead mount itself. It's definitely not made 100% perfect. First off it didn't fit the contours of the headliner as tight as I would like. Then once I had it in I realized there was no way I could get my rear view mirror angled high enough to see everything. So out came the sharpie and I started marking where I needed to grind away the mount. I spend a couple hours last weekend marking it up, grinding parts off and then going back to the truck to see how it would fit. Definitely took some time but I've very happy I did it; it fits great now.

I have a few things to figure out with the SD card and custom tunes which I'm going to work on as soon as I'm done with this post. Hopefully that all goes well. Then next week I'll probably be ordering the exhaust system to get everything deleted

This afternoon we actually had some good weather so I took a couple hours to detail the entire interior of my Ram. First gave the entire interior a good vacuum. Then I used Mcguiars Leather Conditioner on all the seats and leather accents within the truck which worked very nicely. I hadn't used it on this truck yet but I'm very happy with how it turned out. Then went over all the plastic with Mcguiars Interior Shine and Protectant which also works very well. Isn't ridiculously shiny like some products, just leaves a nice clean black look to everything. Then of course a quick once over on all the windows with a good glass cleaner (forget the name at the moment). Overall I'm very happy with how it looks; made me fall in love with the interior of the truck all over again. lol.

Here are a bunch of pictures I took after the detailing this afternoon. The pictures don't even do it justice. The interior is just so nice in this truck.

Obviously in the pictures of the MiniMaxx I had just started up the truck to get the pictures. Otherwise that pyro would be WAY to cold. lol. With just having it on for a day or so and trying to take a look when I can the numbers I'm seeing are pretty good. It's been peaking at 32 psi of boost, and 706 ft pounds of torque. Pyro is normally between 450 - 800 degrees (but that sensor is down far in the exhaust) and the rail pressure is between 4000psi and 18,000 psi. Nothing out of the normal so that's good. It will be interesting to see where the numbers are at once it's tuned and deleted.

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Old 11-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1010
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

I love the over head mount, im subscribed and very eagerly anticipating the delete!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 01:23 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 EcoD (ordered)
Trim Level: Longhorn: CC, 6'4"
Color: Granite Crystal
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

I must say.... I do like where it's mounted.
Nice and outta the way
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 11-12-2013, 02:34 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly @ BP View Post
I must say.... I do like where it's mounted.
Nice and outta the way
Yes that's what I thought. Still accessible to switch tunes and monitor a few things when needed but not right in your face. Plus it looks really clean and leaves the A-pillar open for the other gauges I want to put in.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Looks amazing man. And damn you and your super clean all black leather interior. My grey cloth interior is so boring to that
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 11-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Looks amazing man. And damn you and your super clean all black leather interior. My grey cloth interior is so boring to that
Thanks bud! I definitely do like the all black interior. So clean and classy looking.

Ordered up the next mod for the truck today. The final piece of the puzzle to get things thing deleted, loud, and powerful. I ended up going in a different direction than originally planned. The more and more I thought about it I figured it wasn't worth the money to buy a kit with a muffler because I'm 90% sure I want to keep it straight piped. And if not I'll probably just want a resonator not a full muffler. So I did a little more digging to find different kits and decided to go with a Flo Pro 4" Turbo Back Stainless Steel kit with no bungs and no muffler.

Unfortunately the guys at Bully's weren't able to get any Flo Pro products so I had to go else where. I found the kit for the best price at a company called Performance Truck Products and started reading up some reviews on them. They seem to have good feedback from all the diesel guys so I figured I'd give them a shot. So far I can't complain about them at all. Very competitive pricing and a very good selection of products on their website.

I also ordered up a 5" dual walled stainless steel tip from them to go with this kit. Ended up going aFe for that because I didn't want any logos on the tip like the MBRP ones have. Again, very good price from Performance Truck Products for this tip.

I'm hoping the exhaust will show up next week sometime and then it will just be a matter of throwing it on there. Not sure if I'll do it next weekend or end up waiting until I hit the 10k km mark first.... We'll see how things go. I'm getting pretty sick of my truck doing regens and watching my fuel mileage plummet plus I definitely want it to be louder. Time to start waking up the neighborhood when I leave in the morning and come home at night

Old 11-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

OHh hell I can't wait to hear this.. I saw your status on Facebook and liked it lol. Gonna be a killer sound.

I like my MBRP writing on my 5" tip.. If only it was meant for a gasser
Old 11-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Ya I'm pretty stoked to get this on there. For one it will sound great and two, it will be peace of mind for me to have it fully deleted. I won't have to worry about it idling too long and clogging up the DPF and all that BS which is a big thing for me now that it's getting colder and I remote start it all the time. Plus the better fuel mileage will definitely be easier on the credit card every month.

I didn't mind the MBRP logo as much as some of the other companies. I just like the clean look better. With this truck I want to keep everything as clean and tight looking as possible.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:17 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Ya I'm pretty stoked to get this on there. For one it will sound great and two, it will be peace of mind for me to have it fully deleted. I won't have to worry about it idling too long and clogging up the DPF and all that BS which is a big thing for me now that it's getting colder and I remote start it all the time. Plus the better fuel mileage will definitely be easier on the credit card every month.

I didn't mind the MBRP logo as much as some of the other companies. I just like the clean look better. With this truck I want to keep everything as clean and tight looking as possible.
Fair enough.. Ya I hate all the exhaust filters and that garbage.. Driving my F350 today and it popped up that it was cleaning it. No need for that crap.