DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-26-2013, 03:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
SlowRed57 is on a distinguished road
Default 2006 Volvo S60R vs Me

My friend just bought a 2006 volvo s60r, anyway he was telling me how they come stock with 300hp on stock boost @ 13psi but his is on 16psi with MBC. I was like thats awesome man, then out of no where he was like dude I would smash on your truck. I'm lighter then you and my 0-60 stock is 5.9 seconds. Wow its like that huh? So its going down after that kind of talk. We are on the way to the spot super secluded btw and we decided taking the hwy there is faster. On the hwy he keeps pulling next to me and doing his BOV then takes off, does a couple of fly bys. At this point I really wanted to floor it but I stayed calm. So we get to the spot and he was like lets do a 35 roll Ill shut down when I cant see you in my mirror anymore. lol He 3 honks it, "the Hemi loves 35 rolls" instantly the truck pulls the volvo 3-4 cars and I shut down. We go to sheets after to get food and he was like...dude wtf was that? I was looking at Rams on youtube they run 17s 1/4 miles. You should of just told me you were going to win I just wasted money on gas. The whole day he talked about buying a bigger turbo
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light
Default 2006 Volvo S60R vs Me

good stuff. its always fun to suprise people. my friend just got a sonata 2.0t and wants to race, that thing suprised me for sure and will make for a good race. but with all the rain we havent been able to have a chance.

good kill story!!!
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 12-28-2013, 10:55 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4WD Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:33
theGSE10 is on a distinguished road

Nice man! My last car was a 2004 S60R (with only a CAI). I'll admit it was a quick car and cound definitely take corners like a go-cart but in a straight line the Ram feels so much faster. I never got to do a direct comparison cause it was sold right before I bought the truck but I'm glad you answered that question for me
Hellwig rear sway bar / Green filter / Borla XR-1 / Line-X / Bak Roll-X / AMI shorty antenna / Raptor 4" nerf bar / Mopar tow hooks / Moroso Catch Can / Bilsteins @ 2.1 / Fox 2.0 rear / TGC .75 rear spacer / Air Lift 1000 / Bak Box 2 /

Pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ut4enlwx4fslgd8/slpdRXv6z2
Old 01-05-2014, 12:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
SlowRed57 is on a distinguished road

well....that victory was short lived... told him to go out and get Superchips, gut the cat and buy a fuel pres reg. Now he puts the hurting on me. I cant come close on a roll cause that little bastard brake boosts and hardly get the jump on him 0-60 then passes me like a bat outa hell. lol Hes on 1.9bar now, stock they're 1.0bar=300hp. Not sure on hp for the new setup but if id have to guess its making 375whp-400?
Old 01-10-2014, 10:06 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4WD Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:33
theGSE10 is on a distinguished road

To be honest with you he better dial it back a bit or get a bigger turbo soon or he's gonna burn it up. Don't get me wrong those Volvo's are almost bulletproof but 1.9bar is like 27.5psi. I think the best tunes out there, Rica and ViVA, only pushed around 23 psi max. Unless he's gonna upgrade the intercoolers and start modding internals he's gonna be pushing his luck.

But yeah that Haldex awd can will make anyone into a pro, it'll launch with the best of them. Loved that car, only downfall was it's really susceptible to heat soak....ask any owner, they know. Race him again on a real hot day in the summer after driving it around for a while...I'd expect him to still win....but not by nearly as much.
Hellwig rear sway bar / Green filter / Borla XR-1 / Line-X / Bak Roll-X / AMI shorty antenna / Raptor 4" nerf bar / Mopar tow hooks / Moroso Catch Can / Bilsteins @ 2.1 / Fox 2.0 rear / TGC .75 rear spacer / Air Lift 1000 / Bak Box 2 /

Pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ut4enlwx4fslgd8/slpdRXv6z2