DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:999
Kamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to behold
Talking Finished out my S&B

Well thanks to Grubs review on the air scoop for the S&B i went a head and ordered one, it came in today and i got her put on.

Size comparison, it caught me off guard how big it really was

I have not had any wheel time behind it yet except for a hot lap up the street but have a 400 mile trip this weekend so im excited to see the difference.
Engineering- The art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats.

Play around with your right foot and let us know how you like it.

Grub out!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:24 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:193
DevinC has a spectacular aura aboutDevinC has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for posting the pics. As stated above, keep us updated on any gains with it.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:28 AM
Man Up And Cam Up

Kamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to behold

Well I am about 300 miles in and I got pleasantly surprised with missing a rain at the farm so I will be adding another 150 one way to the trip so will have more glass time than expected.
Initial thoughts so far, for the first 100-150 miles I didn't notice anything to speak of but after that it was a different sort of increase than I expected from 0-30 I couldn't really notice anything but from 30 on is when tge truck turned on it wasnt so much of a hold your hats kinda of power but more of a rather strong reinforcement of what was already there it made the powerband very pronounced and strong. The interesting part was I was ysing my tuner to watch gauges and the intake air temp that is usually 10-15 degreea above ambient temp due to the long tubes was now sitting at a constant 2-3 degrees above ambeint temp. As for gas mileage there hasnt been enough time yet to tell as well as I have been kinda heavy on the right foot for a good stretch of the trip. The real test is coming tomorrow as I will be pulling a 18 foot enclosed trailer for duration of the trip so it should really show me what its made of.
Engineering- The art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:49 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x2
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:10
deekum1627 is on a distinguished road

nice im ordering my S&B Tuesday and maybe this will be next on the list. keep us updated
Old 10-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Man Up And Cam Up

I finally got back to the house late last night so i didnt have time to check in, but i put another 600-700 miles on 300 of which was pulling that damned trailer, but let me tell you there was absolutely a difference, cruising down the high way even with the 18' enclosed if you came up on someone you wanted to pass it didnt even second guess it dropped a gear and it pulled hard all the way through the R's there was no "weak" spots in the RPM ranges that i had before where it seemed to lack before it was just all monster, i am very impressed with it and if i had to spend the money again i would do it in a heart beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekum1627 View Post
nice im ordering my S&B Tuesday and maybe this will be next on the list. keep us updated
Congrats you will love yours it has a mean sound and wakes the hemi up, def post some pictures when you get it installed i would love to see it, and as far as the scoop goes if you are having doubts even after this i suggest reading this
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....116526&page=10

by far one of the best reviews on it i have seen

Last edited by Kamanhart; 10-14-2013 at 09:15 AM. Reason: fixed the link
Old 10-15-2013, 02:18 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x2
Rep:10
deekum1627 is on a distinguished road

yea i will. i read that review it is great
Old 10-21-2013, 03:16 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Color: Dark Red Cherry
Rep:201
audio1der has a spectacular aura aboutaudio1der has a spectacular aura aboutaudio1der has a spectacular aura about

Do you plan on keeping the scoop on for winter driving??
I'm getting nervous about pushing a bunch of snow (crystals/powder) up towards the filter.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Yes I am going to keep it on, but im going to buy a pre filter and they way I look at it is has a long vertical sweep to get into the air box. If I start getting moisture I will remove it but I cant see the snow being able to make its way all the way there but this is just my opinion
Old 10-21-2013, 03:52 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

very nice mod

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!