DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 & 2011 Wrangler
Trim Level: ST
Color: white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:35
Wandell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3T View Post
Please see below this is what im trying to get too maybe a bit lower than this any perfered vendors for lift/wheels?

Beautiful truck! But that thing is huge. Trust me, pics don't do them justice! My truck doesn't look huge in pics, but in person, it's enormous! If that's the look you like, a 4 or 5 inch lift and 35's will be a good option.
Contact Bully Performance, he'll take care of you.

Last edited by Wandell; 08-09-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Power Wagon ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:87
Trail Whale will become famous soon enough

You can stay WAY lower than that and run 35s! A leveling kit, or even better a small lift will do it fine. I will be pulling the trigger on a 3" Carli lift today, it will fit 35s easily! (I'll be cutting the fenders some so that I can stuff 37s under it with full flex but, 35s will fit easily!)

The main thing your have to watch out for is the width of the tires and the backspacing of the wheels, those are the main criteria for putting big tires under a 4th gen. DON'T go by the stated tire width, research the tire and look at its actual width (prime example that I have come across: the popular Toyo Open Country mud terrains are listed as 37x12.50R17 BUT their actual width (on an 8" wide rim) is 14.6 inches!!!) get a fairly narrow 35 on a wheel with close to stock backspacing and you will be good to go!!! If you go with less backspacing than stock, the tires will stick out more and will give more control arm clearance but, they will be more likely to contact your fenders. Do not go with more backspacing than stock, as you will have a lot of issues including (but not limited to) a lot of increase in turning circle diameter since your tires will hit the control arms well before full steering lock. I would stay close to stock backspacing (I'd run a little less backspacing than stock to get more control arm clearance and to get a bit beefier stance) and maybe look into some control arms that give extra tire clearance. (their are MANY on the market to choose from!)

The truck in the pics above looks really cool but, to my eye, it needs 37s or even 40s to look perfect at that lift height! You don't need a big lift to fit 35s! Also, remember, the larger lift you go with, the more $$$ you'll be spending, not only on the lift but on other things that have to be modified for more lift:
extended brakelines
extended driveshafts
long arms (any lift over 4" and you'd be well advised to go long arm, tall short arm lifts compromise geometry and ride)
new rear springs (with a big diesel's torque, tall rear blocks are not gonna be a good thing!)

Last edited by Trail Whale; 08-12-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F350
Trim Level: Lariat
Color: White
Rep:10
WydOpen is on a distinguished road

I've been looking at lifted Mega Rams lately and looking for a similar setup you're going for. Here's something along the lines of your preferences...

2013 Mega Cab 2500 with 6" RCX lift, 325/55-22 tires, and 22x12 wheels:

He's "megaram13" over on Cummins Forums.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1772
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Man that lift Mega ^^^ has me drooling
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!