DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-10-2014, 12:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PRP Deep Cherry Red
Rep:75
CherryRam will become famous soon enough
Default Cherry 12' 1500 Sport Build

Figured it was time to get a build thread going since I've got a fair bit into the truck already.

Bought it new in August of 2012 for a screaming deal that I made 2 dealerships fight over the sale for. She's a 2012 quad cab sport (turned down the crew cab so I could fit my bike in the back) Tows a horse trailer in the summer and runs meaty studded winters down the highway on the snowy days. I didn't go for the full load, liked the half leather sport seats, went for the non nav touch screen head unit, needed the trailer package with controller, has the oversized fuel tank and of course all the standard sport options. Dealer threw in the aries side steps for free.

So I brought her home like this

First change was to ditch the rc car antenna and get a shorty

Then she got fender hash marks and a painted to match bug deflector

Sitting in the drive with my show truck before I sold it (I put hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars in that truck only to get $5000 when I sold it )

Then one horrible night on my way home from the bar (not drunk! I was DD) a taxi cab decided I shouldn't be allowed into his lane when I tried to signal and move over and he floored it to squeeze me out before I realized and this happened

But this was prime opportunity to get recon lights in replacement and since I had the paint out (I do autobody painting for a living by the way) I figured I should paint my engine cover as well. And I put on a K&N intake around this time as well and debadged it.

This past winter she got her studed winter pumps and a set of tow hooks put on along with a home made winter front.

This spring I got her a set of 2014 rims and cooper zeons and also picked up a diablo trinity tuner.

About two months ago she got a magnaflow cat back system. And installed the power tailgate lock kit. (sorry no pics of it)
Then a month ago I got a hold of a slightly damaged sport hood that I bought off a customer who was getting his replaced. Had one of our body techs put a few hours into carefully massaging out the aluminum and fixed it up for me and this past week I painted it up. Painted the whole front clip as well since this finicky colour was REALLY hard to match.

Next project is to finish my red ram eye tailgate emblem, order some white leds and make a grille one. And finally my retroshop projectors are in so I can finish my stock light retro fit with custom paint project. Also have an EZ tailgate strut on order. And the next investment will either be a leveling kit or long tube headers. Depends on how much money I feel like spending

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Vararam Intake~Custom Retro'd Headlights~And Plenty of Other Mods~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750

Last edited by CherryRam; 08-10-2014 at 12:32 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RCSB Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:460
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

Truck is looking really good Heather.

You're styling now girl,lol.

Rick
Old 08-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Drewficus

Vehicle: 2012 RAM
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Mineral greay
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:51
Sixfive will become famous soon enough

Very nice, love the hood
Old 08-10-2014, 10:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Thanks guys, been working on my headlights all day. Had a snag with the stupid chrome plating separating when I primed them so I've got some sanding to do now. Should look pretty good when I'm done though. I like having custom stuff that you wont see around locally. Have yet to see anyone in town with retroshop style lights so I think I'll be one of the very few at least. And with only the cost of a used headlight since my passenger one was wrecked in the accident, and the retrofit kit. I'll be $400 into them.

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Vararam Intake~Custom Retro'd Headlights~And Plenty of Other Mods~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 08-17-2014, 08:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Headlights are done!

Before clearcoat

Halos are glued and wired on

4 hours of confusion and an email to Jeremey at Retroshop to figure this out (I'm not great with wiring lol)

I have no idea how my reflector ended up warped tried heat to flatten it out with no luck. Just have to live with it.

Sooooo happy with the results. But after the tedious hours and frustration that went into it, I can see why retroshop ones are nearly $1000. So worth it to have someone no one else locally has

03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 08-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RCSB Ram
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:460
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

How do they seem for light output Heather?

The hood and lights look good.

We'll have to see if we can gather up some others for a cruise next week-end
Old 08-18-2014, 01:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Just got home and took a pic on the highway. They're not bad at all. I failed at aligning my cutoffs for the projectors though. I'll have to get in there and fix that from the backside one day when I'm feeling ambitious. But the light output is really nice and so far no highbeam flashes from oncoming traffic. The difference with highbeams is mostly just a filler in the sides of the light pattern so I didn't bother snapping a pic with them on. These are 5000K HID

03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 08-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Rockin the Burbs

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500/ 06 Ram 1500
Color: Clear Black
Rep:28
RockemSockemRambot is on a distinguished road

That's a good looking truck. When you had the Recon headlights on there, you could have very easily passed for a 14 with the hood and rims on there as well. I think your truck is at the right height for not getting excessively flashed at night. Any higher than that and you should expect it.

Did they hold the taxi driver at fault for the accident?

2014 Ram 1500 HEMI Sport CC 4x4
2006 Ram 1500 HEMI SLT QC 4x2
Old 08-20-2014, 02:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Thanks, actually got a few flashes tonight so I may have to do some adjusting. I think they mostly need to be tilted down a bit. But the light output is awesome.

The accident was considered 50/50 fault. And because it was a cab company they either wanted to go through insurance which would have affected mine or I paid them out to save my insurance. So I decided to pay them out rather than have an accident on my insurance and pay double for the next 7 years. I definitely double check when lane changing now to make sure no one snuck up next to me. And whenever I see the cabs from that company I make extra effort to cut them off lol, they drive like such jerk bags as it is.

03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 08-22-2014, 09:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2002 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 2WD
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:121
KelseytheDodgeGirl will become famous soon enoughKelseytheDodgeGirl will become famous soon enough
Talking

Love your truck, Heather!
Those headlights look flippin' amazing, and I love the color-matching!

Bummer about the accident, glad ya got 'er/'im (?) fixed up.

Subbing so I don't miss anything!
Keep it up.

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.2L V8 "The Beast"
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 ST 4.7L V8 "Silver" Build thread
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L V8 Hemi