DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RCSB Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:460
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

A burn out with a 4.7???

Have you got nitrous/deep gears or a convertor on yours

I have the Mopar hard shell tonnue cover /bed rug kit ,AirRaid CAI / ported 78MM throttle body / Magnaflow cat back dual exhaust /Moroso 85486 catch can on mine,and i have to work at it to get it to spin a tire on a hard right hand corner,forget about turning left or a brake stand style burn-out,torque management or something kicks in on mine.
Truck pulls hard from 4,000 to it's short shift at 5600,but is absolutely gutless from a standing start with it's 3.55 gears,i'm not even sure it'd spin the back tires on ice,lol
Do like the mileage i get from it ,and after dropping it a couple inches front and rear,it out handles any other truck i've owned or drove though.
It's the best handling truck i've ever drove through the twisties in the mountains,and i come out of them smiling,but straight line racing from a start sure leaves a bit to be desired,lol.

The wifes Buick with a 3.8 eats the trucks 4.7 pretty easily,and trust she makes it known,lol

Last edited by Hornet; 11-17-2013 at 08:19 AM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2013, 08:32 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I only have drop in air filter, and aftermarket y pipe and straight through muffler, and of course the superchips tuner. I actually have a converter currently as well but am going back to stock when I find time to swap it. My truck would burn out with the stock converter pretty easily, now with the converter I have no traction. If it's wet out I literaly can't give it more than maybe 10-20% throttle or it spins the tires, so it kind of sucks. Part of the wet traction issue is the tires(big aggressive AT's).

The SC is the biggest factors, it adds a significant amount of torque at lower rpms, and reduces torque management. I also have 3.55's, and an open differential. If I had an lsd I'm sure I'd have a lot more difficulty burning out.

Even when 100% stock though I could burnout most of the time. At least a chirp. Brake stands were easy.

I found with this torque converter it jumps fast off the line, then bogs down, then is slower on the mid and top end. I think the 4.7L just doesn't have the low end torque for the higher stall converter(or maybe it's just the converter I got, which was used and built for a hemi).

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

IMO I'd pick anything else available other than BD.
in every segment I've cared to pay attention BD were outperformed by other tuners

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"
Old 11-17-2013, 12:19 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RCSB Ram
Trim Level: ST
Rep:460
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

Mine runs really good above 4,000 for it's cubes,just leaves me wishing it ran as good at the bottom.
Only truck i've owned i figured needed a set of 5.13's,lol.
It would of been nice if Chryco had stuck the 8 sp with the deep tranny gears behind the motors,as that would of given them the torque multiplication they need to get moving
Actually been thinking of jerking the aftermarket parts off,especially the exhaust and going back to stock,as it has nothing for bottem end torque.
Only drawback is the truck sounds really good with the Magnaflow duals,but i think they're part of my lack of torque
I figured i'd wait till somebody had a tuner,just to see if the truck gained anything back on the bottem.
Being a 2013 though,there's nothing available as of yet for tuners,and by the sounds of it BD looks like they'll beat the other guys to the punch.

Last edited by Hornet; 11-17-2013 at 12:22 PM.