DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-28-2013, 05:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep:92
spp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by semlohde View Post
RAM C/S told me my ship date was 9/26. I called last week and they said it was really 9/27. It was ordered 8/27 and I thought this is too quick. VOTS shows on 9/28:
Current Vehicle Status : Production Scheduled
Your vehicle order has been verified and is scheduled to be produced in our assembly plant.

So I'll believe its mine when I sign for it. This system doesn't seem to be very accurate. I had to wait 7 weeks for a replacement transmission (while waiting Chrysler ordered me a 2014) and no one could give a delivery date on the transmission OR new truck. Guess the system is out of control and trucks come to the dealer when they do. Not a thing, just looking forward to getting the new truck and getting my 5th wheel mount installed as I haven't been in my trailer for 3 months!... Ed
Send me the VIN/VON and I can confirm at least production and when it hits shipping.
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2013, 07:45 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

Woo Hoo!! My Mexican Truck is almost in the US.. It's just on the other side of the Rio Grande, in Piedras Negras, Coahuila, MX.... I'm guessing, but it's probably waiting to clear customs...
Old 09-29-2013, 01:20 AM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road

SPP - THANKS for the offer, I sent you my VIN.
Ed
Old 09-29-2013, 07:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:23
DonT is on a distinguished road
Default 1500 order

Yesterday I ordered a new truck. A 1500 regular cab, long bed, 4x4, with the Lonestar package. How do I go about tracking this as it goes through the system? I don't kno how to start this process.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonT View Post
Yesterday I ordered a new truck. A 1500 regular cab, long bed, 4x4, with the Lonestar package. How do I go about tracking this as it goes through the system? I don't kno how to start this process.
Your dealer has all the the info.. That's who you should contact 1st. If your dealer is not cooperative, there's Ram CS and VOTS.. And lastly, there are people here and on other sites that can help you track..

Good luck and try to relax... If all goes well, you should have your truck within 8 weeks... If not, you could be talking months and months and months....
Old 09-29-2013, 02:31 PM

Vehicle: 2014 1500
Trim Level: Limited
Color: GCM
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
newramkid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Call your dealer periodically until you get a VON or a VIN (I had my VIN within 2 business days but I think that was faster than the norm).

Once you have that you can use the Chrysler VOTS https://www.chrysler.com/vots/ for status.
From our peers I understand that VOTS is slow to update. I agree with crabjoe. Your dealer will hopefully help you the most as they want you to bring them more business.

Although I have only called once and didn't get much info, Chysler support is: 1-800-247-9753
and self service is http://www.chrysler.com/webselfservi...sler/index.jsp

good luck-
J

Last edited by newramkid; 09-29-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 CC 6'4" Rambox
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
Nitroneal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
Your dealer has all the the info.. That's who you should contact 1st. If your dealer is not cooperative, there's Ram CS and VOTS.. And lastly, there are people here and on other sites that can help you track..

Good luck and try to relax... If all goes well, you should have your truck within 8 weeks... If not, you could be talking months and months and months....

Yep, months and months. Ordered 7/16, built 8/16, scheduled to ship 8/18, been in "final inspection" jail ever since. Called CS about 10 days ago, talked to a politely clueless lady. Just found out she turned and called my dealer and told them that I was unhappy and what were they going to do about it. You've got to be kidding. Will call tomorrow and give them a whole new way to look at this.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:23
DonT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by newramkid View Post
Call your dealer periodically until you get a VON or a VIN (I had my VIN within 2 business days but I think that was faster than the norm).

Once you have that you can use the Chrysler VOTS https://www.chrysler.com/vots/ for status.
From our peers I understand that VOTS is slow to update. I agree with crabjoe. Your dealer will hopefully help you the most as they want you to bring them more business.

Although I have only called once and didn't get much info, Chysler support is: 1-800-247-9753
and self service is http://www.chrysler.com/webselfservi...sler/index.jsp

good luck-
J
I looked through the paperwork the dealer gave me. There is a VON#, And I followed the link to VOTS. When I run the numbers the answer is "incorrect tracking number". Maybe I just need to give it a few days?

Thanks guys.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I looked through the paperwork the dealer gave me. There is a VON#, And I followed the link to VOTS. When I run the numbers the answer is "incorrect tracking number". Maybe I just need to give it a few days?

Thanks guys.
You won't see anything in VOTS until the order gets to, either C or D status.

FYI... D1 status gets you a VIN and estimated build (frame) and delivery date.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroneal View Post
Yep, months and months. Ordered 7/16, built 8/16, scheduled to ship 8/18, been in "final inspection" jail ever since. Called CS about 10 days ago, talked to a politely clueless lady. Just found out she turned and called my dealer and told them that I was unhappy and what were they going to do about it. You've got to be kidding. Will call tomorrow and give them a whole new way to look at this.
Some of the reps are total A-holes and lie to you... Had one today tell me they can only give the estimated delivery date to the dealer. When I stated that was BS (I didn't actually say BS.. was trying to be polite) and other reps have been giving me scanned location/time stamps and other estimates like railcar interchanges, she stated they did not have the info and even if they did, they could not give that info because they were estimates.. I called her BS again because she just gave me the ESTIMATED delivery to dealer date just before she stated she can not give estimated time .... She tried to tell me more BS, so I just asked for her employee ID number.. I'm just going to file a complaint..

If I don't get any satisfaction with it, I'm going to cancel my order and tell Chrysler they can put there vehicles where the Sun doesn't shine... They're not the only game in town, and I don't care if my order is currently being shipped... They've screwed me with this order long enough, with price increases added in, that I don't care any more.... This rude rep Cathy was the last straw!!

In fact, I'm going to go test drive a Ford Superduty on Tuesday.... Like I said, if I don't get any satisfaction.. I'll be ready and go somewhere else... Chrysler doesn't seem to care how they treat their customers, so why should I care? If they think they're just possibly losing one sale, they need to think again ... I've got family members that trust my judgement, when it comes to auto shopping, and they will lost them too...