DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4X4 / 3.55 LSD
Trim Level: Outdoorsman Crew Cab
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:1043
gcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud of
Default HID Fog Light Install (DDM Tuning)

I ordered HID"S from DDM Tuning ( http://www.ddmtuning.com/ ) and installed them in my 2013 Outdoorsman to replace the OEM 9600 fog light bulbs.

Parts installed: Total ($57.47) delivered.

35 watt slim ballast KIT with 9600 replacement bulbs @ 3000K color yellow ($29.95)
HID wiring harness duel in/out ($9.99)
Shipping ($17.53)

Everything is plug-n-play so the install was easy. About a 2 out of 10 difficulty.

I have used HID kits from DDM Tuning on 3 other projects so I know there HID Kits and the quality of parts.

I tried to install the HID Kit without the wiring harness first, but the lights would only flicker, shut down and not light. Then I installed the HID wiring harness and the bulbs light right up.

When the HIDs bulbs light there is no flicker, no bulb out warning, and no TPMS warning. Everything works as it should and I am pleased with the install and I like the yellow color of the fog lights.

Sorry for the picture quality, I tried to get the fog lights to show the yellow color.

I have quad headlights. Picture 1 with lowbeam headlights and fog lights. Picture 2 parking lights and fog lights. Picture 3 just the fog light.

Greg

Last edited by gcscott; 07-10-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: edited info.
Sponsored links
Old 07-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1969
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

An HID kit for under $60! Wow! Never seen that kind of deal before. The other 3 times you've used them have you had any problems at all? Bulbs burning out our ballasts stop working?

Do you happen to have any pictures of your install?

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 07-10-2013, 02:45 PM

gcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
An HID kit for under $60! Wow! Never seen that kind of deal before. The other 3 times you've used them have you had any problems at all? Bulbs burning out our ballasts stop working?

Do you happen to have any pictures of your install?
I have never had a problem using DDM Tuning kits, that is why I used this one in my fog lights. I am not sure if one of the HID Kits will work in the headlights or not. This is just my experience with the Ram's fog lights.

Here is a picture that you requested. Not easy to get a good shot of the install.

Drivers side shown (picture), same on passenger side. The slim ballast is in the upper right and is held in place with 3M tape and a 3/8" tie wrap through the frame holes. The blue & white wires and the red & black wires are the wiring harness. The blue and red wires go to the bulb. The rubber bulb boot/cover (upper left) is not needed, but I did not remove it. The relay is up next to the radiator and frame not shown in picture.

Hope this helps.
Greg

Last edited by gcscott; 07-10-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:02 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

I've heard nothing but good about DDM HID kits, there are a few bad every now and then but they stand behind their product and good service.

Back when I was on mazda6club forums thats what 75% of people used.
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 07-11-2013, 10:01 PM
RAM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:290
Rich859 is a jewel in the roughRich859 is a jewel in the roughRich859 is a jewel in the rough

I've had 2 kits from them, one on my 04 ram and now on my 09, no problems and worth the price, most kits are about 150 for just one set

Too many mods to list. Full list can be found on my profile.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:39 AM

When and if I go to replace my low-beam headlight bulbs to HID bulbs, I will use a HID Kit from DDM Tuning. I like the quality and price of there kits. Most of all the parts that they supply.

Everything comes Plug & Play

First example is the wiring harness ($9.99). The trigger wire (connector A) from the relay to the OEM factory wiring has the ground wire going all the way back to the relay from both ends. Most cheep wiring harness just go right to the frame for the return ground, so you have 2 more frame grounds to go bad. Also the wiring harness has more than enough wire to reach all of the connection points.

Second example HID Kit ($29.95 35 watt) or ($39.95 55 watt) is the way the bulbs come protected in the plastic capsules. The ballasts come with mounting holes so you don't need to purchase mounting brackets and they also have a flat surface on one side so you can use 3M double sided tape to hold them in place. You then can use screws, pop rivets, or plastic tie-raps to permanently mount the ballasts.

This was the 4th. purchase and install that I have done over 2+ years and I have had zero problems with the HID kits and accessories. The kits come with a life time warranty but for ($15.00) you can get a extra set of bulbs. Just my own experience and your experience may be different.

Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hid-xenon-kit.jpg (112.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg hid wiring harness (1).jpg (116.2 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by gcscott; 07-12-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: add info.