DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Rep:10
Djeazie is on a distinguished road

Ok if I do aftermarket wheels, what offset or backspacing should I look for? Sorry for all the questions....
Kenwood Excelon 5 channel, complete speaker swap, JBL MS-8 tuned -- Husky Exact contour mats -- RCX 6" -- Bilstein 5100's -- Zone front uppers -- ProComp ProRunner rear shocks -- Fuel Nutz 20x10 -24 -- Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.50 -- Retro HIDs
Sponsored links
Old 07-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeazie View Post
Ok thanks guys. Really dont like any aftermarket wheels and really didnt want the added expense for something I dont like hmmm.......
No worries. The stock wheels should work with 1/4" spacers so that is definitely an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeazie View Post
Ok if I do aftermarket wheels, what offset or backspacing should I look for? Sorry for all the questions....
It depends on what width you want. On a 20x9 you'd need at least a +6 offset but you can go further negative if you want your tires to stick out more. Keep in mind the further out you go the more likely you are to rub on the back of the inner fender or on the front valance.

For a 20x10 wheel you'd need at least a -6 offset but again, you can go more negative.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 07-03-2013, 04:10 PM

Damn so many things to consider! LOL.

Really would like to stay with the stock wheels. So a 1/4 spacer and 35/12.50's I should be safe?

Now what leveling kit and body lift. Or should I go with 5100's to level the front?
Kenwood Excelon 5 channel, complete speaker swap, JBL MS-8 tuned -- Husky Exact contour mats -- RCX 6" -- Bilstein 5100's -- Zone front uppers -- ProComp ProRunner rear shocks -- Fuel Nutz 20x10 -24 -- Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.50 -- Retro HIDs
Old 07-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Haha yup! Welcome to the mod life

I know for a fact you can fit 35x12.5's on the stock wheels with 1/4" spacers. I would assume that you could do the 37x12.5's as well but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

I would definitely go with the Bilsteins 5100's on the front. They're the best way to level the front of these trucks. Plus they will give you a better ride quality. If you want to stay on the cheaper side of things Hell Bent Steel makes a 2.5" leveling kit for $80. Lots of guys are running that as well.

For a 3" body lift Performance Accessories is the only company I know of that makes them.... Again, the guys at Bully's Performance will help you out with that.

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Old 07-03-2013, 09:34 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep:33
ramready12 is on a distinguished road

as far as spacers go, I am sure you know since you have used them in the past. Buy the best ones you can find, not the ones a shop will give you. horror stories of them disintegrating over a period of time and wheels becoming loose, and also just the fact that it won't get you what you need offset wise
Old 07-03-2013, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep:33
ramready12 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2.5 level and 35x12.5 with 20x10 -24 offset fuel throttles. Love the look, but getting a 6 inch lift installed any time, just waiting for it to come in. but this is how it sits now
Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: sport fully loaded
Color: charcoal grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:108
chadster21 will become famous soon enoughchadster21 will become famous soon enough

great answers to all the questions on this thread. if i was going with a 37'' tire for this set up i would look for a wheel with 0 offset! i would go with the suspension lift over the body/ struts ... just because your cv angles will be sitting alot nicer. i wouldnt worry to much about the cutting of the frame because once your lifted youre probably not gunna want to trade in when lease is done... and if so if they wont take it back burn it hahah
Old 08-01-2013, 11:53 AM

Ok all, I am gonna do 6" suspension lift (havent decided which brand), 5100 Bilsteins, and 37"s. I still want to stay with the stock Sport wheels. I just cant find a aftermarket set I like. I have seen a few guys are using up to a 1" bolt on wheel spacer if needed. I have used these spacers in the past without issues on Mustangs. But these wheels and tires will be a heck of alot heavier than ones on the Mustangs. Not sure if that will make a difference or not. This truck will probably never see too much off road time. I am waaaaay to anal and always keep my stuff to clean. So basically this set-up will be just for looks. (I know im a Pussy).
Anyone see any issues with this? Some of the 37"s I can get in a 12.50 but most are a 13.50. With this 1" spacer I should be good with a 13.50? Right?
This is my first time lifting a truck but I have tons of experience wrenching on cars. Including my former high 10sec Mustang so im not concerned about the labor I just want it right the first time.The wife is making me save up instead of putting it on credit (smart) so I will be buying everything after xmas and doing the intall myself.
Can anyone chime in on their experience using the stock wheels?
Does anyone see a major issue with using the stockers?
Im I an idiot?

LOL Thanks guys!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

If you're going to use the stock wheels I would definitely try to find a 37x12.5 tire. It will just work and look better IMO. Then you should only need 1/4" spacers rather than full 1" spacers. Other than that I don't really see any issues. I'm sure there are guys running that set up on the forum. Have you looked through all the pages of the stickied threads in the lifted section of the forum? That would be a good place to go through and see.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:40 PM

Ive tried to look through and see. There is just so much stuff to sift through. I think your right I should stay with a 12.50. It seems everyone runs aftermarket, I wish I could find a set I like because that is the best way to go. I was really hoping someone would have already done what Im looking to do would post what they did and if they had issues and how they solved them. Is there enough thread on the studs to get away with a 1/4 inch spacer?