DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Rep:10
Djeazie is on a distinguished road
Default 2013 Sport want to lift but need help...

I have a 2013 Ram Sport that I am currently leasing but will probably end up buying since I doubt I could turn in a lifted truck whe the lease is up.

My goals would be at least a 35" tire and I would really like to stick with the stock Sport wheels. I really dont like chrome wheels nor do I like all black wheels, so staying with my factory wheels is ideal for me.

So, I have been looking at lifts, and find that any 6" suspension lift that I would do I would have to cut the frame. Which I really wouldnt want to do since this is a lease and I would like to have the option of putting the truck back to stock if I decide to turn it back in when the lease is up.

So, I was checking out doing a leveling kit/body lift. Which would get me where I would want to be height wise, but Then I have to have the exhaust raised up so it doesnt look weird.

Uhh I dont know which to do? Any ideas?
Kenwood Excelon 5 channel, complete speaker swap, JBL MS-8 tuned -- Husky Exact contour mats -- RCX 6" -- Bilstein 5100's -- Zone front uppers -- ProComp ProRunner rear shocks -- Fuel Nutz 20x10 -24 -- Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.50 -- Retro HIDs
Sponsored links
Old 07-03-2013, 10:45 AM

I guess what im asking is if I do a level/bl to use the stock Sport rims will I need a spacer?

What kits would you recommend? (want to get as close to 6" of list as possible)

And what tires do you recommend? Like the BFG because of the white letters and tread patterns.

This is a daily driven truck so going radical with the tires isnt really what Im looking for.
Kenwood Excelon 5 channel, complete speaker swap, JBL MS-8 tuned -- Husky Exact contour mats -- RCX 6" -- Bilstein 5100's -- Zone front uppers -- ProComp ProRunner rear shocks -- Fuel Nutz 20x10 -24 -- Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.50 -- Retro HIDs
Old 07-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Definitely understand what you mean about cutting the frame on your truck for a lift kit. I own my truck and that's still something I'm not looking forward to doing... So seeing as you're only leasing it makes perfect sense that you don't want to do that. But honestly if you plan to buy it afterwards anyway I would do that over a body lift no question!

As far as lifting to get that height while still being able to return it to stock, a level and body lift are your best option. I would level it with the Bilstein 5100 adjustable front struts (set at 2.8") add a 0.75" Top Gun Customz rear coil spacer just to give you a little bit of rake and a little more height. Then a 3" PA body lift on top of that. That way you're at 5.8" of lift.

With a body lift there always is going to be fitment issues. The exhaust tips being one of them. But those are easy to change. You just need to loosen off the clamps and turn them back up into place. Another thing that will be hanging low is your tow hitch.... That's something you can't really fix so be prepared to live with it. Then remember your engine and everything attached to it is going to be sitting 3" lower in the engine compartment. Again, something you're going to have to live with. Since you have a sport I'm assuming you don't have tow hooks... if you do those won't fit with a body lift either. There's lots of little things like that to think about.... So you just have to know what they are and be prepared to not have things work and fit right out of a box.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 07-03-2013, 01:39 PM

I can live with little things like that. Really the hitch would be the only visible difference right? Any chance of being able fit some 37's with only 5.8 lift? I know some have done 37's with a 6" suspension lift. I am really leaning towards the body lift option that way if I dont decide to purchase it when the lease is up I can put it back to stock and sell the parts if I cannot use them on my next truck.

And if using the stock wheels do I need to use spacers? And what size if I can do 37/12.50?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:48 PM

Also why is the best place to buy tires, and lift stuff?
Old 07-03-2013, 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep:33
ramready12 is on a distinguished road

you will need at least a 1/4 inch spacer. Bullys performance is the best place to buy. Try to find fastnugly on the forum. He can hook you up.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:02 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep:33
ramready12 is on a distinguished road

I recommend some new wheels though. some people are not big fans of spacers, I never chanced on them and just bought some wheels with a better offset to fit my needs.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:21 PM

I have used spacers in the past on Mustangs and never had an issue. Any reason why people on here dont like them?

And I will check out Bullys thanks!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Yup, as ramready12 said Bully's Performance are the guys to talk to. Either Jeremiah or Andrew will help you out.

Andrew: fastNugly@bullysperformance.com
Jeremiah: sales@bullysperformance.com

Be sure to mention that you're a forum member when you email them.

You should be able to clear 37x12.5's with 1/4" spacers.... you will still rub near full lock for sure, but you'll clear the UCA. That being said, I do agree with ramready12. If you plan on going with 37's I'd definitely consider getting new rims with a proper offset as well.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 07-03-2013, 02:27 PM

Ok thanks guys. Really dont like any aftermarket wheels and really didnt want the added expense for something I dont like hmmm.......