DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Media Zone > Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos

Notices

Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos Post pictures of your Dodge Ram here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-28-2013, 01:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 5.7L
Trim Level: Big Horn SLT
Color: Crystal Red Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:48
Westgaard66 is on a distinguished road
Default A Ram's old & distant relative...

This truck has been in my family since the late 40's. my grandfather traded a '44 Chevy sedan for it. He owned it until he bought a '53 Chevy pickup in the late 50's and traded it to my great grandfather Axel for a late 40's Mercury sedan.
My great grandpa owned it until he told my mom It was hers, in the late 70s or early 80s because she always used to love driving that truck around the farm in the mid 60s.
The truck basically sat in a Grainery from the early 80s while my mom was over seas until the late 90s when both my great grandma and great grandpa passed away and the old family farm was sold. At that point it moved to my Grandpa Wally's Pole building, again it sat there, getting started once in a while and kinda just gathering dust.
In 2006, my dad began having a local guy that restored cars on the side start working on the truck, with the rarity of the truck the guy expected the project to take a few years. I did not know this was going on, nor did anyone in my family. It was supposed to be a surprise because of the history of the vehicle. My dad trusted the guy because he had done some really nice work on other people's vehicle modernizing vehicles and fixing up old cars and over the 1st two years it seemed as progress was being. Fast forward a couple more years, everyone knows the economy shits out, progress on the truck slows and dad starts getting antsy, but gives the guy a break cause everyone around here has had some tough times, finally in November 2012, my dad has had enough. He, my uncle and my uncle's friend Brian (who is a wizard with car stuff) show up at the guy's place. Brian informs my dad that the guy has really fricked up the truck....dad is pissed.
Royally pissed. The guy was in way over his head and had been blowing smoke and taking advantage of my Dad and his lack of knowledge in the field. My dad is a massive dude, from what my uncle said it very damn near got quite UGLY. They basically repo the truck on the spot (my uncle had a flatbed on stand by). My dad is super organized, and had a list of parts he had paid for.
Brian basically takes the truck and begins the resto from scratch...and tells my dad the truck will be done before the snow is gone in the spring.
On may 25th, at my Dad's 50th birthday, this comes rolling up the driveway where we had the party....
My grandpa was speechless, my grandma shed a tear, and everyone was pretty awestruck.
Gramps actually is taking it to its 1st auto show this weekend....

It's a 1940 Plymouth Pickup, one of 3500 pickups made by Plymouth between 1939 and 1942. It's had been restored to original.

Sponsored links
Old 06-28-2013, 01:27 AM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1711
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

That is one sweet looking Truck thanks for sharing it and the story!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Sport
Color: Blue Pearl
Rep:5
RekTek is an unknown quantity at this point

Beautiful. Envious
Old 06-28-2013, 01:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:272
h2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the rough

Unreal sweet!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:43 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

I like the story probably more than the truck.......okay maybe not, but I still quite liked the story and how far back the history went.

That is a gorgeous truck and am disappointed that I didn't do the same with my father-in-laws truck when he passed away.

Thanks for posting the pics!!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:14 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:355
maust1 is just really nicemaust1 is just really nicemaust1 is just really nicemaust1 is just really nice

Beautiful. Just beautiful.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2750
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Great story and a even more amazing truck.. That is a beautiful part of history and such a rare vehicle.. great job has been done on that.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 06-28-2013, 07:51 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Great story, super sweet truck, wow, thanks for sharing, Reps to you.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Dude that truck is gorgeous,

Thank you for sharing with us I hope you all get to enjoy all the coming special time with him, please try to because you may never get another chance to enjoy it with him life is short and one never knows what tomorrow brings. Not trying to preach just sending a message enjoy today while you can because tomorrow may never come.

There is also a member here you can contact and he can customize the photo. You will love it he is real good.
Here is his email: jimcharron@sbcglobal.net

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 5.7L
Trim Level: Big Horn SLT
Color: Crystal Red Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:48
Westgaard66 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys....everyone involved with the truck is quite proud of it....

This is actually the best photo from the shoot my aunt had done.

We might end up building a matching trailer for it and restoring an old 1965 Polaris colt Snowmobile and having a whole rig for car shows.....

Last edited by Westgaard66; 06-28-2013 at 09:24 AM.